Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bugs/Technical Issues BBW 8.1

Default Bugs/Technical Issues BBW 8.1

Here you can post problems or anything similar in BBW 8.1
    Please be the most specific:
    - give the campaign, year, which faction your are playing,...
    - Add -show_err at the end of the target line of your rome.exe so it reads like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total Mod\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err

repman

List of Bugs, Issues and Hints:

1. Graphical Glitches
    If you have still graphical problems as a pink campaign map or missing textures on the battlemap or....then:
    Could be a cache problem running the mod the first time:
    - jump out of the running programm: push the three buttons: str-alt-del together, than back into it
    - or restart computer
    - or delete manually all map.rwm files in the campaign folders
    - or change the screen resolution of the game

2. Performance Problems on the battlefield
    - reduce the grass distance settings in the preferences file: GRASS_DISTANCE:10
    - reduce the other graphical settings

3. Crashes (CTD's) in the campaign
    - 'autosave' feature can causing the CTD. Set it to 'FALSE' in 'Preferences.txt'. Remember to manually save your game once in a while, especially before a big battle or important one

4. General Issues
    - the roman eagle model is missing fixed in 8.1
    Last edited by repman; October 21, 2006 at 03:12 PM.

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Default Re: Bugs/Technical Issues BBW 8.0

Hi repman you are one of the best modder. the only thing I dislike of your mod is the 4 turns for year but I use the script to avoid bugs as you have confirmed.
    I just want tell you if there are additional downloads and where I can find these. I download the data with sinueth formation from the sinueth feedback forum there are others?

@fabiocorr
    the script is essential for BBW 8.0
    You don't need the sinuhet 7.0 formations because they are already included in BBW 8.0 !!!

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

@Repman:I've installed your MOD on a clean copy of RTW patched to 1.5 vers.;Custom Batlles works very fine,but when I try to make any types of Provincial Campaign I've a CTD immediatly when I click to start new Campaign,without any message error(I've inserted" -show_err).I've already tried with "batch file" for delete all Map.rwm,but without results.
    Help me,please!!!!!

P.S. Sorry for my bad English,but I hope that you can understand(and help)me!!!!
    P.S.2 I've already tried with ca.20 other MODS and all works fine for me!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

@fresco
    you have clean copy 1.5 you said...
    no other mod around, something left over ?
    no bi around ?
    Does Imperial Campaign works ?

Try to reinstall BBW 8.0

Maybe download was corrupt ?
    New download ?

repman

Im about to dl and install this.. *wink wink* im so excited! and i just cant hide it! i know i know i want youuuu! i need you!!! gay! ) WEEEEE!!!!

Hey Fresco! i hope u installed 1.3 patch first then 1.5 then Barebones 8.0... did u? coz u sound like u jumped to 1.5 right away.. goodluck and i hope u will be able to fix ur problem sire.

MemphisTiger26's Avatar Libertus

Hey Repman I got an erroe message Data/world/maps/campaign/roman_civil_war/descr_strat.txt
    Line: 6231 Column: 12

Before my time is done, I will look down upon your corpse and smile!!

@memphis
    thanks but was is happening a crash in the campaign ?

repman

MemphisTiger26's Avatar Libertus

No it popped up when exiting the game!! It didn't cause a ctd or anything I was just letting you know!!
    Last edited by MemphisTiger26; October 07, 2006 at 04:07 AM.

Before my time is done, I will look down upon your corpse and smile!!

HELP ME!!!!!!!! i just dl the mod and went straight in the provincial and imperial campaign.. at first i had all pink color in my monitor so i restarted the game and went back and went in imperial campaign.. and now i can see the maps yes yes beautiful.. but then after like... 2 mins.. while im clicking in my generals and towns in the campaign map... after i clicked in a town my pc froze! my ctrl alt del isnt working and tried everything and nothing happened.. so i unplugged my pc from the power and played imperial again and after 2 mins my pc frozed up again! waaaaa happened to provincial campaign too.. i put false on my autosave already and i just dnt know what to do.. im planning to uninstall my RTW and re install everything. lets see if this works. thanks again and i love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys i solved it.. what happened was i forgot to totally delete the remaining files in my activision folder after i uninstalled my RTW. So what i did b4 was i installed a new rtw.. patched it to 1.5 and installed bbw without realizing i have bits of files of spqr in my activision that was not deleted automatically by my pc. so for the second time i uninstalled my rtw and i manually deleted everything inside activision folder and installed a fresh rtw.. patch 1.3..1.5 and bbw and thats it! it worked plus i have my campaign map to 16 bit only. i need to upgrade my pc to 1 gig ram coz i only have like 512mb ram p4 2.4 and an old 128mb 9600 series of radeon. i wish i cud afford this 9800series at least. anyway thanks a lot guys.

p.s. i forgot to tell u guys about my new problem.. i checked the historical campaigns and a campaign related to boudicca queen like.. sterling street i think isnt working.. am i d only one experiencing it? thanks guys

Lovly mod though when i upgraded the patch i seemed to get alot of crashes now, i crashed during a 265-250 campagin

and i was about to get a heoric victory before it crashed again.,...

any soulutions!
    We, your protectors, will stand between the enemy and you. We will take upon ourselves the blows the enemy directs at you. We shall stand our ground until you are away or until our strength utterly fails us. We belong to you, and we will keep you safe or die trying.

what do u mean by..."upgraded the patch"? did u have fresh rtw installed first then patch 1.3 then 1.5 ? and dnt patch ur rtw with 1.2 btw

@legionary
    what patch do you mean ?
    install clean rome
    patch 1.3
    patch 1.5
    and my mod bbw 8.0

nothing else

repman

it sounds to me that our friend marauder is currently using vanilla rtw.. with 1.3? then he patched suddenly with 1.5 then installed bbw.. then used his loadgames in it... i mean thats what i think is what happened.. am i right Marauder?

wrong terms i said, what i meant was, the patch version before 7.0 had no crashes whatsoever, and i did all the cleaning and patching yesterday im just saying i get all these weird ctd's now in 8.0
    We, your protectors, will stand between the enemy and you. We will take upon ourselves the blows the enemy directs at you. We shall stand our ground until you are away or until our strength utterly fails us. We belong to you, and we will keep you safe or die trying.

it happened to me also when i installed bbw yesterday. but what i did was i just simply used a resolution of 1024 x768 in campaign map since thats where i get ctd whenever i click on a town or an army. after changing resolutions... ctds was gone. have u switched to lower resolution or bit (32 bit to 16 bit) ?

well erm my settings are on all highgest including all resolutions are 1024x768

Hmmm did u turn off ur autosave? and where do u get the ctd anyway? in campaign map or battle map? try to lessen the grass and shadows if in battle.. in campaign map.. turning off the auto save by going in the preference .txt file will do the trick

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast