Thread: Yes, Strategos!

Default Yes, Strategos!

So I am playing the Spartans on VII, and it is a blast!
    However, I was wondering if there were any cohesive guides for strategy on campaign map and/or battlefield for this mod?
    I am aware there are a few threads linked from the RTR VII FAQ on this site (showthread.php?560592-RTR-VII-FAQ), but I was just curious if there were any other perhaps more cohesive guides to RTR VII.
    Thanks in advance!

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Default Re: Yes, Strategos!

Well, as RTR team leader Maurits always said, the priority should be to secure major cities, in the case of the Spartan campaign it's taking Corinth, which will give your income a major boost (especially since you start in the red, so at that point Sparta usually only makes a little income). I'm not sure if there are any proper guides, but there has been a thread for describing ''your'' campaign. Unfortunately I can't find it right now, but I found this thread, similar to the one I'm currently posting in:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...laying-RTR-VII
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

What is VII?

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing101 View Post
    What is VII?
    Rome Total Realism VII? You are in its very forum
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112