Thread: Is Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece good?

Default Is Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece good?

So, I was taking a look at Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece, and it seemed like a good game, to be honest. But just to make sure, have any of you guys here played it? If yes, then can you say if it is worth it?

Default Re: Is Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece good?

Yes it is very good well worth it. The battles are not as "grand" as the Total War series and the camera is quite similar to the one used in Wargame EE and ALB and Supreme Commander. Hegemony Rome will be out in April and has a thread on it a few threads down.

Well, then it is the next game on my "to buy" list! It isn't a problem that the battles aren't as epic as in Total War, because I will mostly focus on faction management. And I didn't know they were working on Hegemony Rome, I will also take a look at it. Thanks for the tip!

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Have t in my library but havent come round to it to play it

I like it well enough but I encounter a game breaking flaw in the game. The AI don't fight each other. You have this whole big map and most people that border you will fight you leading to a whole bunch of frontlines you can't keep staffed all while everyone else is enjoying world peace.
    Couldn't play after that realization. Every other faction can throw their full weight at you while you're having to fight everyone.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

i highly recommend this game :-) its historically accurate too

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

game is fairly bad, archaic interface, terrible AI (far worse than CA games), fairly bad campaign map. It's a rather amateur game. Also Kamos is not wrong about what the AI does.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Great game and the AI thing is irrelevant because it's balanced and you can win. I've finished the Alexander campaign.