Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Informations & Links] Mod Overview and Preview index

Default Re: [Informations & Links] Mod Overview and Preview index

Tar and feather me but I will exclaim YES!

Does this mean that you are going for more lore accurate approach than originally planned? If I’m right about that, and with reveled focus on Beleriand only, this mod really goes the way I always secretly coveted.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    I am, and will be. But if presented with the chance to have the House of Feänor march to Angband, take righteous vengeance upon the Black Enemy and laugh at the Doom of Mandos all the way to victory, I'll take it. Plus, what use is that Feänor unit if I can't use it on a campaign? Custom battles lack context.
    Some people like playing custom battles... Would you prefer we get rid of Feanor and his bodyguards altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagmodo View Post
    Tar and feather me but I will exclaim YES!

Does this mean that you are going for more lore accurate approach than originally planned? If I’m right about that, and with reveled focus on Beleriand only, this mod really goes the way I always secretly coveted.
    Yes .

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Bercor View Post
    Some people like playing custom battles... Would you prefer we get rid of Feanor and his bodyguards altogether?
    I have no problem playing custom battles. But I like playing the campaign more. Mostly because I'm better at strategy than tactics (As my multiple defeats in multiplayer will attest to).
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

I am, and will be. But if presented with the chance to have the House of Feänor march to Angband, take righteous vengeance upon the Black Enemy and laugh at the Doom of Mandos all the way to victory, I'll take it. Plus, what use is that Feänor unit if I can't use it on a campaign? Custom battles lack context.
    With a bit of effort you could always make a Provincial Campaign with lore accurate situation starting before Fëanor’s death.

One thing just crossed my mind… It would be unfortunate if Valinor’s Host stomp me playing a "good guy" faction instead of Angband and its servants. Is there a way to prevent such a possibility?

One thing just crossed my mind… It would be unfortunate if Valinor’s Host stomp me playing a "good guy" faction instead of Angband and its servants. Is there a way to prevent such a possibility?
    Nop, enjoy the Wrath of the Valar ... More seriously, I'm not a script expert, but I'm pretty sure we can make the Valinor's Host only attack Angband and his allies, though Milner will have to confirm it.

The Valinor's host script is only to the player (if you play with one of the "good factions")...so it doesn't stomp the campaing-game.

With a bit of effort you could always make a Provincial Campaign with lore accurate situation starting before Fëanor’s death.
    It was on my mind, but actually i have not the time to do it...

With the various Noldor factions as hordes? That could work.
    Last edited by Feanaro Curufinwe; September 17, 2014 at 12:14 PM.

Hordes only works with BI engine (as swimm, shieldwall, schiltron...), it's not possible, sorry.

Also, even if it worked, it will be extremly hard to reproduce the situation in an interisting way. Basically, when Fëanor arrives, Morgoth controls Beleriand except for Doriath, the Falas, and a few spots here and there. The Noldor destroy his main army in the north and those who besiege the Falas but what makes all Morgoth forces withdraw from most of Beleriand is the appearance of the Sun. Quite difficicult to do in a Total War, don't you think ?
    Last edited by Peredhel; September 17, 2014 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peredhel View Post
    Also, even if it worked, it will be extremly hard to reproduce the situation in an interisting way. Basically, when Fëanor arrives, Morgoth controls Beleriand except for Doriath, the Falas, and a few spots here and there. The Noldor destroy his main army in the north and those who besiege the Falas but what makes all Morgoth forces withdraw from most of Beleriand is the appearance of the Sun. Quite difficicult to do in a Total War, don't you think ?
    If by difficult you mean 'impossible', yes. However, the situation can potentially play out in different way, due to Total War's alternate (fictional in this case) history potential.

For example:
    Feänor is not turned into barbecue by Gothmog and comes into blows with Fingolfin once he arrives.
    Morgoth manages to push the Noldor back into the sea (impossible, but I'd trust TW AI to completely fail to utilise First Age Elven martial prowess due to its stupidity).

And those are only the ones I can think off the top of my head. Of course, this is an exercise in futility since you for some reason can't put hordes into Alexander. (Although it might be possible with the RTR team's innovations once they are complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Milner View Post
    The Valinor's host script is only to the player (if you play with one of the "good factions")...so it doesn't stomp the campaing-game.
    Thanks for clearing this up.

It was on my mind, but actually i have not the time to do it...
    I only suggested it for Feanaro if he has time and will for something like that. Later, if he is content with the results, it could be added to official release or as a submod.

Hordes only works with BI engine (as swimm, shieldwall, schiltron...), it's not possible, sorry.
    Of course, this is an exercise in futility since you for some reason can't put hordes into Alexander. (Although it might be possible with the RTR team's innovations once they are complete)
    Yes, I obviously forget this mod is for RTW:Alexander. Well, it could be done as in Aristeia, with one settlement - camp as a starting position. But it is far from ideal because everyone would be in massive debt really soon, Fingolfin would busy himself conquering far north left corner of the map etc.

Hordes by Memory Editing would be the best solution indeed. Perfect start would be IMO right before Dagor-nuin-Gilliath.

For example:
    Feänor is not turned into barbecue by Gothmog and comes into blows with Fingolfin once he arrives.
    Morgoth manages to push the Noldor back into the sea (impossible, but I'd trust TW AI to completely fail to utilise First Age Elven martial prowess due to its stupidity).
    Well if case one happens and Fëanorians and Fingolfinians fight eachother to death I'm pretty sure even AI Morgoth could be able to drive the few survivors (probably among the Fingolfinians) away from Middle Earth. :p

Yes, I obviously forget this mod is for RTW:Alexander. Well, it could be done as in Aristeia, with one settlement - camp as a starting position. But it is far from ideal because everyone would be in massive debt really soon, Fingolfin would busy himself conquering far north left corner of the map etc.
    Hordes by Memory Editing would be the best solution indeed. Perfect start would be IMO right before Dagor-nuin-Gilliath.
    That's a good idea, and if it can be made, why not ? Still I believe a few years before Dagor Bragollach is the perfect start : it allow for far more options to the player, put him in a Beleriand far more complex than it will be if it begins before the first days of the Sun, and it's a more classic begginig (for a Total War) than what you are asking for.
    Though, of course, it could be added as a new campaign start if we want to spend time on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peredhel View Post
    That's a good idea, and if it can be made, why not ? Still I believe a few years before Dagor Bragollach is the perfect start : it allow for far more options to the player, put him in a Beleriand far more complex than it will be if it begins before the first days of the Sun, and it's a more classic begginig (for a Total War) than what you are asking for.
    Though, of course, it could be added as a new campaign start if we want to spend time on that.
    I think Jagmodo was suggesting right before Dagor-nuin-Gilliath as the start for the provincial campaign with Feanor, not the main campaign .

'Kay ! My broken English doesn't allow me to catch subtelety sometimes.

The mod has now its own Facebook page, be sure to like & share it if you want to support and promote Quenta Silmarillion. And you won't miss any update.

https://www.facebook.com/silmarilliontotalwar/

Twitter is coming soon.

Edit: here it is
    https://twitter.com/SilmarillionTW
    Last edited by Nelduin; February 03, 2016 at 11:21 AM.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123