Thread: Mammucs causing a CTD

Default Mammucs causing a CTD

Been playing as the Sycorax and every time I try to fight a battle it lasts about 3 minutes before crashing to desktop and this only occurs if Mammucs are in the fight. Every other battle I've fought has been fine. Any clue how I can fix it? Or I guess I'll just scrap my campaign. sigh, the one problem with mods, they can be quite unstable.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Mammucs causing a CTD

Question are you using the latest version with patch 4.001c? I ask because I have used them in battle and they seem to work fine with me? Anyone else have this issue

Yes I downloaded the the pack containing V4.001c

I can't remember ever having a crash because of the mammucs to be honest. If it happens every time then my incredibly useful advice would be to just reinstall Thera as something may have gone wrong somewhere along the line.

tried a different download of the mod, transferred my save and tried the battle again still CTD. So then I disbanded my mammucs and THEN fought the battle. took longer but it still crashed. The rest of the battles have been fine but just this once it wont stop crashing. Love this mod but it looks like Ill have to find a different one. I just cant play Thera

Hmm, I honestly don't remember anyone else ever having problems with the mammucs though. If it's not working for you then I understand, but this is definitely one of the best M2TW mods out there if you stick with it. Admittedly, the only crashes I remember having were the Gaelic unit that were broken for a while back in V3 so...

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Your save game might be corrupted sadly, sone
    parts you reinstalled are not save compatible

Could try my autosave and see how that goes

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    Hmm, I honestly don't remember anyone else ever having problems with the mammucs though. If it's not working for you then I understand, but this is definitely one of the best M2TW mods out there if you stick with it. Admittedly, the only crashes I remember having were the Gaelic unit that were broken for a while back in V3 so...
    Agree completely, i have played endless hours of Thera and it's very stable. I have played many 100+ turn campaigns with no game ending CTDs and just recently completed a battle with 4 units of Mammucs tearing up the field with no problems at all.

The only CTD i have been able to reproduce is the when you attack a city and send dog units inside the walls.