Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Empire Mac Mod Guide

Default Re: Mac Mod Guide

Another thing you can do is to frequent the Mod Threads forum. This is full of much smaller mini-mods which modify various parts of the game. I use this method and have a very enjoyable game now without the potential hazards of the bigger full-service mods. Because they're smaller, the overall game tends to be more stable than when using the full rebuild mods. (My preference originally had always been Empire Realism, but I never did like the fact they took away the Trade ships and treated all ports the same)

Could anybody tell how imperial splendour could work at my mac
    I just put all .pack files into the data folder and i have written the userscript text into the advanced options but the game crashes every time

Civis

I recomend empire colonialism for mac. Its in mod db. My favorite mod are the great war mod, imperial destroyer and empire colonialism.

I downloaded ESF Editor 1.4.5 for etw, it worked for a while then is started giving me jit debuging errors. How do I fix this please help
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; February 21, 2016 at 03:09 PM. Reason: edited typo to avoid double post.

Athenian,

I've tried downloading your esf editor but the download wouldn't start, I tried multiple browsers/settings, and nothing. Any chance you have it uploaded to another location?

Has anyone here tried modding M2TW Kingdoms with any of the Westeros Total Wars for their macs??
    I am really eager to try those mods and I am in desperate need of some help

Frankly, I'd be happy if I could just get the DBEditor to run without crashing from a System.Core file missing error. I did some research on this and discovered it's due to .Net not be fully updated, however trying to update the current file wrapper (and trying to create my own) have thus far been unsuccessful.

I can get the Esf Editor to work, but besides some very minor and cosmetic modifications, I can't get it to save a stable file. e.g. Trying to set starting the Shore Facility tech as a starting tech for all nations major and minor which had naval traditions in 1700. I did manage to tweak victory conditions for some of the powers. e.g. Venice and Genoa try to recreate their sprawling "trade" empires (though through control of regions instead of just trade) in both the short and long games. I'd also like to add research ability to main government buildings (though not the military governors buildings) with a building research level of 0 or 1 pts / turn. This would allow powers (especially minor powers) which didn't have a slot for a university to conduct research, though at a glacial pace, since essentially only the researchers points would be used.

I'd also like to determine where units' movement rates are held. My intent is to create not so much static movement rates, but dynamic rates (through the Lua code) that changes with the seasons. (likely a multiplier, since I'm assuming a multiplier is how the rate adjustments are made for different road types)
    Last edited by Akarios; May 08, 2016 at 03:38 PM.

hey I would love to download mods for my Mac steam version, I had my eye on Trom but it seems i cannot download it, as the latest version was hosted on Gamefront and as of 15 days ago Gamefront was shut down (I know I have timing) is it possible that you can tell me how to download mac mods, as well as if there is any way to find TROM now that Gamefront is gone?
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Frankly, I've had a better time building my own version from mini-mods rather than trying to use a larger conversion mod. The only large mod I've tried up to now is Empire Realism, which was okay, but I wasn't fond of the removal of trade ships and the uniform nature of ports. (see Alwyn's mini-mods for trade and military ports for a nicer way of accomplishing things)

Hi, I'm trying to use the Imperial Destroyer mod in Mac and can't seem to get it to work. I've added in all the mod .pack files to data folder, and replaced the scripting.lua and strartpros.esf with that of the mod. In the advanced section of the ETW launcher(using App store version), I have the mods selected and have added them into the preferences file. However, when I launch the game it shows the imperial destroyer mod logo but displays no text in the main menu, and when you click a button it crashes. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

Hi! I hope someone will be able to help me! I cant get by step number 4 in installing darthmod. I have installed crossover and I think its working correctly, but when I start the installation of darthmod and try to install it into the folder I keep getting this error telling me this:

""Manually brows the installer to target destination path exactly where the "napoleon total war" folder is. For example:X:/X:/Steam/Steamapps/common apoleon total war .Hint* The "Napoleon total war" folder includes the file "Napoleon.exe."

whatever i try to do it wont get past this. please help!

Hi, could someone paste the working link to the "Font Mod" for osx? The game is unplayable on MB Pro 13 and all links for this mod for osx are dead already. Thanx.

Ok - Imperial Splendour. It took me 4 hours to figure out, but what you have to do to make it work on a mac is follow the instructions per usual (as in the videos on Youtube), but the startpos file and scripting have to go IN and replace the original files in the actual "main" folder in the campaign folder.

I figured through trial and error that you need to put the lua and esf files in the Main 2 folder because it relies on warpath.

Whenever I try to enter the mod commands in adv options it crashes on me. Is there a specific combo of these commands that need to be entered or is it because I'm missing packs

Just checking to see if anyone is still on this old thread, but any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by The_Athenian View Post
    Yes, take a look at this post:

Notes on ACW
    I think it is all about picking the right .pack files to use. Remember, on windows a launcher is run which chooses which .packs to activate when you launch. For us on the mac we have to do this manually.

The best, but most time consuming method, is to move the .packs over one at a time:
    -move a .pack to your data folder, launch, no crash? good, quit empire, paste another .pack, launch, no crash? good, quit empire…paste the next .pack in, crash, , quit empire... take that .pack out of your data folder, add the next one, launch. no crash? good…and so that will be your life for a few hours.

(obviously don't start a game each time, just get to the main menu, if you get there without crashing, good. Quit, and try again with another. The only time you will need to start a game to test it is when you run your Startpos.esf and Startpos.lua files.)

*Also, mods will crash if there are conflicting .packs in your data folder. (two .packs trying to do the same thing). Some .packs are more like patches, they don't need to be activated in the launcher, they are always running, these can give you issues. Make sure you only have vanilla files in your data folder, then start adding ACW .packs.

Trying to get ACW to work for ETW on Mac (I installed the mod via winewrapper into a dummy folder and have been moving files manually)

I've Managed by trial and error to put the right packs in the data folder and I can start it up without crashing with no mod commands in adv options and can see ACW on the options menu but nothing else. I put the lua and esf files in Main 2 because it relies on warpath. The problem is when I enter a mod command in the adv options it will always crash - so am I missing packs or did I put the lua and esf files in the wrong place?

I can send screen shots of my folders if needed, but I'm just trying to test the waters to see if this thread is even still active

Quote Originally Posted by The_Athenian View Post
    The Athenian Mod Compilation

This was my first attempt at modding Vanilla total war. This is just a collection of small mods for the vanilla game. It's a good introduction to running mods, as it contains some basic mods most larger mods include, such as blood & smoke, new flags and Grand Campaign Graphics.

Could you please do a video? I did all the steps and everything works except for grand campaign, which is totally screwed up.

You shouldn't have any issues using them all at the same time.

There isn't much here that changes the AI. But there are new units & buildings. The included start pos files are great for anyone who enjoys playing as an underdog minor faction.

It includes:
    Additional Unit Mod 3.0
    Additional units Mod graphics
    Blood & Smoke
    GrandCampaigns Graphics
    New flags
    Knights of Malta Mod
    Italian States Mod

2 new startpos.esf's:
    one that unlocks all factions and starts in 1700.
    The other unlocks all factions, plus newly emergent factions and starts in 1783, each turn is about 1.5 months.

DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/pxR6pPot...nsMacMod.html?

If you do play as a minor faction try playing the late campaign startpos.esf. It's just plain fun. You start in 1783, and a lot of the larger nations' power is waning, new powerful smaller nations are popping up too. About half your tech tree is completed, which is great for small factions that don't usually start with a school. The turns progress at 8 turns per year, so you have plenty of time before 1800 rolls around. Enjoy!

Could you please do a video? I did all the steps and everything works except for grand campaign, which is totally screwed up.
    Last edited by Frunk; May 14, 2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Double posts merged.

Nevermind. Got the Athenian mod working Also anyone know how to download Great War for mac, not steam btw

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Here's how to get DarthMod Empire working on mac

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Empire-on-Mac

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I also fixed the unit card bug that made them appear as solid colours

Default Re: Empire Mac Mod Guide

in the past few days I've tried adding mods to my steam version with nothing working aside from scripting and startpos unlocking other factions. Initially I followed the darthmod guide posted above and crashed to desktop from the title screen every time (see that thread for details). My workaround was to replace the vanilla boot.pack with the DME_boot.pack and rename it boot.pack, tricking the game into using it. From there I've gotten other .packs from DME working.

one thing I don't see mentioned on this thread (I'll admit I've not read every page) is the importance of load order. I only got the biggest .pack from darthmod, (DME_darthmod.pack) working when I put it first in my advanced options. I've not had to change the user script at all and I've typed things in advanced the standard way with quotations.