Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Empire Mac Mod Guide

Default Re: Mac Mod Guide

i'm trying to use one go the mods early protectorates and/or late campaign 8 turns and neither work when put into the main data folder. because they are a unix excitable file not a document kind. any way to get around this?

what did u do with the vanilla one?(u should change its the name or delete it because the game will read this one)

The_Athenian's Avatar Civis

arrogant_Frenchy,
    Nice work on figuring out the issue with Imperial Destroyer man! That is awesome, I'm looking forward to giving it a go. I'll put your new info & credit you on page one of the thread.

glad I can help and also the new regions work fine for me, I think there are no problems about this.. only about this VDM.. just you should change your post about my advanced pack list, I use this now: mod "Replenishment.pack"; mod "Lord_main.pack"; mod "Lord_BSM.pack"; mod "Lord_ui.pack"; mod "Lord_buildings.pack"; mod "Lord_CORE.pack"; mod "Lord_Sounds.pack"; mod "Lord_Music.pack"; mod "Lord_dbunits.pack"; mod "Lord_units_ui.pack"; mod "Lord_Natives.pack"; mod "Lord_units.pack";

what you put is when I had issues with the battles (because I didn't install everything :s)

The_Athenian's Avatar Civis

Future Plans

I just want to give you all a brief update on future additions to the thread.

1. First, for those of you who have sent me PMs, I have a ton to get through. I will do my best to respond to everyone, however I have a new project beginning this March so I will not have a whole lot of free time.

2. Second order of business, I plan on adding a spoiler on page one with a comprehensive list of mac compatible mods for NTW. A lot of NTW users come through here, and many of us play both, so I think a simple list of tested mods would be quite helpful. glopsycho has been helping me with this, and I will soon be posting links to all the NTW mods he has tested on his mac.

3. Third, glopsycho suggested we get everyone modding on mac to use a mod manager. He noticed that most of the issues that come up for users arise out of conflicts between .packs. A mod manager will help solve these problems, and probably allow us to run more windows mods, (maybe even Darthmod). So when I have a chance I will test out the mod manager on my mac, and if all goes well post instructions and links on page one. If any ambitious soul wants to tackle this one in the meantime, please do and let us know your results.

4. I have a lot of little mods I run on my version of empire, which I never listed on page one. One I like in particular is a mod that gives a much bigger deployment area before battles, which I think gives you much more strategic flexibility. As well as mods to improve things like firing sounds and so on. There are some others too, small simple mods like these are usually compatible with most large mods, and just enhance playability. So I'll be posting some of the ones I use, and if any of you have little add-on mods that you like to use send me a PM and I'll post them. Thanks!

5. Fifth order of business, I want to thank everyone like roberto, SWB, arrogant_frenchy, 007_Jua007, glopsycho and all you other modders who have jumped in here along the way to offer your advice, assistance, and time to help other folks to get Empire Total War to be the game it was meant to be. Thank you all!

(*Arrogant_Frenchy, made the changes to your pack list on page one, post #2.)

I want to test Imperial Splendour on my mac, Campaign stil doesnt work ? If dont work, what should i test to get a good historical imersion on Empire TW ?

Quote Originally Posted by arrogant_frenchy View Post
    HOURRAH HOURRAH HOURRAH!!!! it finally works.. I was such a débile. I didn't download the imperial destroyer 4.0 (12 packs), I just did 4.2.. anyway if someone were as lost as me, just download step by step, install the ID 4.0 then the 4.2 (replace the mod) and keep up with the 4.2.1 it probably sounds obvious for a lot of you but it wasn't for me. I just maintained what I said previously, problem of white flag menu is due to the Lord_CP.pack.. don't put it in the advanced option or otherwise begin a campaign without it, make a save of your game then add the mod in the AO and load your save.. but anyway I don't see any change.. does anybody know what is the utility of this one?? also, strange thing, I could launch a long campaign.. I thought only short works..anyway I'll write if I have some trouble.. the game looks awesome, it's worth it
    I downloaded 4.2.1 and left out the Lord.CP.pack from the AO and am experiencing crashes when trying to fight battles, as you stated. Where can I find the 4.0 version to download, and how to i do about replacing it with the 4.2.1 version that i have downloaded? thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by cath517cart View Post
    I downloaded 4.2.1 and left out the Lord.CP.pack from the AO and am experiencing crashes when trying to fight battles, as you stated. Where can I find the 4.0 version to download, and how to i do about replacing it with the 4.2.1 version that i have downloaded? thank you for your help.
    by the way it's 4.4 version now, did u download the 12 main files first?? they are required, install every mod of the 4.0 first(you might be able to play the game already) then download the 7 files for the 4.4 patch, replaces the mods and it should be ok

copy paste this in the AO :
    mod "Lord_main.pack"; mod "Lord_BSM.pack"; mod "Lord_ui.pack"; mod "Lord_buildings.pack"; mod "Lord_CORE.pack"; mod "Lord_Sounds.pack"; mod "Lord_Music.pack"; mod "Lord_dbunits.pack"; mod "Lord_units_ui.pack"; mod "Lord_Natives.pack"; mod "Lord_units.pack";

Do we have a version that 'just' unlocks all factions to start at 1700....im trying to compile my own ETW game based on numerous sub-mods (the ones that are still available!), i dont mind about the turns per year as my preferred choice is 4 tpy but i could always adjust that in the SAve game via esf editor.

Right now my game is almost complete, but im missing the 'all factions' availability, which is hard to find without it coming with a whole bunch of other mods. Would be great for folks like me to have a simple faction unlocked mod @ 1700 with no extra's.

Thanks for any help

Edit: damm sorry i realised this is for MAC only!
    Last edited by Poacher886; March 28, 2015 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Athenian View Post
    Twoweeks,
    Sorry 4 the late response, been on vacation.

It is possible to modify the startpos.esf that comes with TROM 1.7, to unlock factions. As far as I can tell this is the only solution.

Step by Step guide:
    (I expect this is going to be a little time consuming, so put some time aside 1st)

1. Download the ESF Editor 1.4.8 & file wrapper I listed on the first page of this thread.
    It is the 4shared link listed under the title: Turns Per Year Editor

2. To access the esf editor1.4.8 you need to update wineskin.

a. unzip ESf editor.zip & open the folder, inside you will see:
    ESf editor1.4.8.exe
    ETW turns editor.exe
    file wrapper

b. double click on "file wrapper", this will open Wineskin.

c. Click on Advanced -> then -> Tools -> then click on -> Winetricks

d. Under the drop down menu "dlls" scroll down to "dotnet40" it's description reads:
    "MS .NET 4.0 (Microsoft 2011)"

e. Check that off and click on "run". This will initiate a process and wineskin should try to download a new .NET framework with your browser. In the same window the tasks are running in wineskin will give you instructions on where to put the files once they are downloaded. once this is downloaded, and put in the correct folder, run the dotnet40 thing again in wineskin. this should work, and now your wrapper will have the .net framework needed to run ESf editor 1.4.8

3. Right click on EsfEditor 1.4.8.exe -> select "open with -> select the file wrapper included in the download (which you just updated).

This should open the esf editor, and allow you to select your current startpos.esf (which in your case would be your 4 turn per year startpos for TROM).

4. Think that was hard? Now we get to the hard part, unlocking factions. The best guide to this is here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...D-startpos-esf

This will guide you on how to unlock a minor faction, clear fog of war, set starting treasury and so on.

Hi The_Athenian,

I tried to download your link for "Turns Per Year Editor" but It didn't work. I use Jdownloader. The link seems good but the download never begin.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks

Hi,

When I download the Empire Realism mod and try to Unrar the files, it extracts them but they are just documents are not the right file format... any ideas?

Thanks

Laetus

Hi, I would like to thank The_Athenian and arrogant_frenchy for figuring out these mods, great job. How ever I can't figure out how to install imperial destroyer 4.5patch over the main imperial destroyer files. Has any one successfully installed v4.5? Do I replace the starpos esf and lau? Do I replace the old "pack" files? I'm dying to get v4.5 IMD. Thanks.

Here just a question, does anyone know a functional Mod Manager for Napoleon Total War? I would be extremely grateful if some one found one because I am in need of one.

Quote Originally Posted by CalembJ View Post
    Hi, I would like to thank The_Athenian and arrogant_frenchy for figuring out these mods, great job. How ever I can't figure out how to install imperial destroyer 4.5patch over the main imperial destroyer files. Has any one successfully installed v4.5? Do I replace the starpos esf and lau? Do I replace the old "pack" files? I'm dying to get v4.5 IMD. Thanks.
    well if you have already install the game with the previous patch it shouldn't be too hard. Download the 6 files of the patch 4.5, unzip it and replace the old mods by the new ones (13, I just did it) and replace the old startpos and scripting.lua by the new ones.. you don't have anything to change in the advanced options.. for the text, unzip it and replace it as well (it's in the file).. and you can also change some gameplay options (standard mov, trade ships etc..)

hi please help, is it normal if the download says it needs 11 hours left and its going really slow, my internet is not usually slow. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by achilleszeus99 View Post
    hi please help, is it normal if the download says it needs 11 hours left and its going really slow, my internet is not usually slow. thanks.
    on what browser are you?? the best would be chrome to download! I had almost 2-3 minutes for each files (with the fiber)..

well if you have already install the game with the previous patch it shouldn't be too hard. Download the 6 files of the patch 4.5, unzip it and replace the old mods by the new ones (13, I just did it) and replace the old startpos and scripting.lua by the new ones.. you don't have anything to change in the advanced options.. for the text, unzip it and replace it as well (it's in the file).. and you can also change some gameplay options (standard mov, trade ships etc..)

I've installed 4.0 and then replaced the files with 4.5 but still crash when trying to fight problems. I added the mod Lord.CP.pack to the AO and it did not help. How do I fix this? I was trying to follow your previous posts about it, but I feel as if I did what you instructed.

I've installed 4.0 and then replaced the files with 4.5 but still crash when trying to fight problems. I added the mod Lord.CP.pack to the AO and it did not help. How do I fix this? I was trying to follow your previous posts about it, but I feel as if I did what you instructed.
    it can be many things, are you sure you wrote everything correctly in the AO? also did you replace the previous startpos and sripting by the new ones? could you already launch the game in 4.0?

it can be many things, are you sure you wrote everything correctly in the AO? also did you replace the previous startpos and sripting by the new ones? could you already launch the game in 4.0?
    I have replaced the startups and scripting files. I think the issue is that i do not have the mod Lord_units.pack. I was never in the original 12 files for Imperial Destroyer 4.0, nor in the six files for 4.5 (at least I cannot find it).

I have replaced the startups and scripting files. I think the issue is that i do not have the mod Lord_units.pack. I was never in the original 12 files for Imperial Destroyer 4.0, nor in the six files for 4.5 (at least I cannot find it).

Ok, I think I have solved my problem. The issue was with the files I downloaded for Imperial Destroyer 4.0; I used safari. For some reason the files became corrupted and when I tried to unpack them there was an error after part 1 and the files didn't finish unpacking. I have redownloaded the files using chrome (thankfully i had switched over half way through because safari is slow) and the files seem to be unpacking just fine.