Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mac Mod Guide

Default Re: Mac Mod Guide

Ummm if someone has encountered the problem as the one I posted above, about the no text during the Grand Campaign loading screen for TROM.

Foederatus

@Haersh: That's what it looks like, when something went wrong. Try again. I don't play TROM, but The Athenian has talked about it at length in this thread with detailed installation tips.

@The Athenian: When you're back, you may add Imperial Splendor to the list. There are some minor issues yet, but in principle it's a working Mac compatible mod.

Keinpferd, have you got any ideas for solving my issue?

Hi, I don’t know if anybody is still here?

But this is my first time trying to install a mod in NTW Gold Edition for Mac.
    I am trying to install additonal units mod (aum_nap_mod.pack 2.3 ) but I don’t think it is working.

I right clicked on the Napoleon: Total War - Gold Edition App, and selected Show Package Contents then Contents /Resources /Data /Data and placed the aum_nap_mod.pack there.

Then I opened the NTW App, selected Open Preferences Folder from the launcher, selected AppData/scripts and opened the preferences.script.txt,
    Then I pasted mod aum_nap_mod.pack; like so:
    w
    mod aum_nap_mod.pack;
    also tried:
    mod “aum_nap_mod.pack”;

Then still in the launcher I clicked on Advanced/ Advanced options/ and typed aum_nap_mod.pack

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

SWB

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by SWB View Post
    also tried:
    mod “aum_nap_mod.pack”;
    That, and you could try this: In the AppData/scripts folder, add a user.script.txt file alongside the preferences.script.txt file. Don't alter the preferences.script.txt file. The newly created user.script.txt file contains only the line mod “aum_nap_mod.pack”;

In Advanced/Advanced options/ also paste mod “aum_nap_mod.pack”;

Then cross fingers that it works.

Thanks Keinpferd, I'm going to try it now

Still not working, when I load the launcher I have this in advanced window mod “aum_nap_mod.pack”;
    when I actually put
    “aum_nap_mod.pack”; in the advanced window?

It works!
    In the advanced window I placed: mod aum_nap_mod.pack;
    Without
    quotation marks.

Thanks again for your help Keinpferd

trying to make the script for TAR and wondering about the order i know for some i had to paste the script in a particular, order the same must be true for TAR that you got to work on mac. If so what is it also i have a steam version
    Thanks really appreciate the help also for those interested i have been able to get IS ROTR to work on mac flawlessly

The_Athenian's Avatar Civis

Hey Guys, glad to see the conversation is still happening, and a special thanks to Keinpferd for helping folks on the thread. I brought one of my computers home from my editing studio to do some work at home, but haven't had a chance to put Empire back on it yet.

So what have we learned in the last few months? Well, don't spill water on your hard drive. And when installing mods on NTW for mac, don't use quotation marks. I think i'll add that tip to page one.

ffiore27,

For questions on the TAR mod you should really send a private message to 007Jua007. He has got it working (using the Steam Version) on his mac. & can probably help you though it.

Haersh,

I seem to remember this being a common problem that popped up for other folks before. I can't remember the answer off the top of my head. But I will look through the thread and PM you when I find the answer. Though I think that is usually related to the Startpos.lua and Startpos.esf

So make sure you have the appropriate Startpos files from the download. For TROM I uploaded them separately here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/uWSYS0Cgb...tartpos_.html?

& lastly Keinpferd,

I tried to get Imp. Splendour working on my Mac awhile back but couldn't get it to work. What version did you get working? (2.2.1b or Rise of the Republic (a special late campaign mod))

Also if you could send me a brief description of your installation process I will post it on the first page with the appropriate links. Thanks man.

& Keep helping folks here. I have to be honest, I have spent some time on Civilization iv, Xyth just released a new version of his History Rewritten Mod specifically made for Macs, and I have been promising to test it on Multiplayer with some other folks. So that has been taking up my spare gaming time. Plus I can play it on my old laptop, since it take considerably less power to play than Empire. I am going to finish up that one, and jump back into total war sometime around mid december. I would love to play Imperial Splenour when I return to Total War, so I am looking forward to hearing what you had to do to get Imp. Splend. working. (Be specific, because as you know usually the difference between getting these working or not, usually comes down to some small minor overlooked step along the way…like quotation marks)
    Last edited by The_Athenian; December 04, 2014 at 12:30 PM.

Hi Athenian,
    Thanks for all the work your you have done here, without it and other members, I would not have attempted to try a mod for Mac.
    I am going to try to install The Great War Mod 5.1
    If any members has any tips before I jump in, then that would be helpful

Regards

Foederatus

Good to see you back! I can only agree with what SWB just says above!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Athenian View Post
    And when installing mods on NTW for mac, don't use quotation marks. I think i'll add that tip to page one.
    This finding of SWB startled me, too, because when I ran Darth's NTW, I did use quotation marks.

I tried to get Imp. Splendour working on my Mac awhile back but couldn't get it to work. What version did you get working? (2.2.1b or Rise of the Republic (a special late campaign mod))
    2.2.1.b (patched) without the Rise of Republic thing.

Xyth just released a new version of his History Rewritten Mod specifically made for Macs,[…]
    Interesting, I was a regular in the promising early days of this mod, but not anymore.

I am looking forward to hearing what you had to do to get Imp. Splend. working. (Be specific, because as you know usually the difference between getting these working or not, usually comes down to some small minor overlooked step along the way…like quotation marks)
    I wish I had been specific at the time, when I posted the happy news that it worked. I've overwritten the files with yet something else for long. All I can say is, I applied the exact basic stuff, you are teaching us here, which might have been the reason, why I didn't go into further detail.

No luck with running a submod called Nec Aspera Terrent though, a Hannover submod by a Hannoverian. Kind of appealing, when your own familiy roots to a great deal near Hannover.

Currently, the Ffflordz of NTW3 Version 5 are preparing a new release and promised to deliver it with a non Windows OS friendly installer a few days ago! And while I'm writing this, I'm finding this breaking news. In Post #2 Lord Davn says, the installer will be uploaded later this day. If they haven't all forgotten to make the installation process Mac friendly, they deserve an extra applause from us Mac users, I think. In any case, NTW3 v5 looks very ambitious, the creators gladly accepting the challenge of meanwhile many other high quality mods around^^.

I downloaded and unzipped The Great War Mod 5.1 look at it, but it frightened me so I didn't bother trying it.

Downloaded Darth mod opened the exe.file with Crossover 14 and it is asking for: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war

Then when I instead pointed it to NTW data folder it said it was looking for: napoleon total war exe.file

I'm not having any luck with the Darth mod could anyone help me with this?

Hi Athenian,
    Thanks for all the work your you have done here, without it and other members, I would not have attempted to try a mod for Mac.
    I am going to try to install The Great War Mod 5.1
    If any members has any tips before I jump in, then that would be helpful

Regards
    SWB,

I actually ran the great war mod on my mac, with NTW awhile back. I was able to get the menu to load up, even was able to set up a game, but when I tried to launch it it crashed. So I know for sure it is possible to at least get it up and running. Unfortunately that set-up was on my laptop that died so I can't go back and look at the .packs I used. I think from what I remember I had to be selective with which .packs I ran, because this may be a mod that usually has a launcher (on windows), so on Mac we have to manually select which .packs we want. I have no idea why it crashed when I tried launch it.

Good luck. That was one mod I really wanted to get working on Napoleon.

Keinpferd,

2.2.1.b (patched) without the Rise of Republic thing.
    Awesome! I am going to look forward to giving that a go. I think the version I tried was an older one, and it looks like they really revamped the installation process for windows. So I will give it a shot in a couple weeks, and post it on page one when it's tested & checks out!

Interesting, I was a regular in the promising early days of this mod, but not anymore.
    Good to hear there are some other folks around here that like both. I was worried I would get ripped apart as a traitor for mentioning Civ on these forums
    Xyth has done some amazing work on Civ IV, it is an incredible game, and it is very nice after a game of Total War to get a little change of pace from the intensity of Total War to a more light hearted and creative approach to empire building games.

I downloaded and unzipped The Great War Mod 5.1 look at it, but it frightened me so I didn't bother trying it.

Downloaded Darth mod opened the exe.file with Crossover 14 and it is asking for: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war

Then when I instead pointed it to NTW data folder it said it was looking for: napoleon total war exe.file

I'm not having any luck with the Darth mod could anyone help me with this?
    Heya SWB!

Ok so what you could try to do is just create a text edit file called Napoleon total war.exe

You could try putting it in your data folder.

But the cleanest way may be to put it in another, empty folder, and try to install the mod into there, that way you can pick and choose which .packs to use when you launch. Darthmod comes with A LOT of .packs, so if you dump them all into your data folder right away you will be in over your head.

Foederatus

Yeah, that needs a little run through the gunsmoke, like so. You just create a folder on your desktop called "Napoleon.exe" and tell the installer to extract files to desktop, and you're good to go.

Good to hear there are some other folks around here that like both. I was worried I would get ripped apart as a traitor for mentioning Civ on these forums
    Xyth has done some amazing work on Civ IV, it is an incredible game, and it is very nice after a game of Total War to get a little change of pace from the intensity of Total War to a more light hearted and creative approach to empire building games.
    No need to worry, at least I'm a supporter and contributor of one one of the Civ IV mods, too. In terms of turn based strategy, Civ IV is lightyears ahead of the TW games, but the stacks of doom, the suicide catapults, the deeply dead and tedious combat part of Civ! So it's nice to turn to some real time battle energy once in a while…

When you return, maybe we can start a joint efford to get Darth's ETW mod to work, with Darth's assistance possibly, if by then no other fast rabbit Mac users has figured it out.

Edit: cross posting
    Last edited by Keinpferd; December 05, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

Brilliant!

I saved a text file as Napoleon.exe placed that into a folder named Napoleon and it installed.

Thank you both for your help again

Hi, I need some help again. (sorry)

I have the folder Data with:
    campaign_maps
    campaigns
    DMN

opened DMN folder and yes there is loads of files.
    I opened DMN_Packs

Any advice on which packs I should I start with,

or do I copy everything to my Data/data folder and start placing files in the advanced option of the launcher

if there is a page in this thread which mentions this, please point me to it

Okay, please disregard previous post, I have Darthmod just about of working.

Apart from the darthmod campaign, it shows in game but the files are not installed,
    anybody know which files I have to place in the data folder please?

This is a pic of the of my Darthmod campaign screen