Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mac Mod Guide

Default Re: Mac Mod Guide

Are there any mods that are compatible with the most recent patch and work on mac that affect the AI? I've tried a couple that were released separate from overhauls and didn't have much success. Most of them seem to be outdated now and the only working one's are in mods such as Darthmod. However I did try the Bran AI, which is from darthmod, and I had some issues with it. I'm also interested in anything that makes the minor factions more willing to defend themselves and expand, which I found in another mod, but it disabled my dlc because it was released before the last patch. Great thread btw, really helped me get going.

Hi DS-

I've had many of the same experiences as you. I've tried Bran's mod and had a few of the naval glitches. I gave up on it pretty quick after that. I've tried to get Darthmod going as well as Lord Sith's overhaul but couldn't get them fully functional, despite getting really really close. I like to think myself pretty computer savvy, but some of them are just too hard to get working. I know some people have managed though.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think TROM has been the most thoroughly tested mod on the mac that seems to address most of your criteria. I've been looking into it myself and am planning on downloading it and attempting an install tonight. It seems pretty good. I recommend you take a look at it and see if it's something that might work for you. Like most people I'm only really interested in some more balance and better AI.

The_Athenian's Avatar Civis

Imperial Destroyer Mod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-project-v3-85

Just got this mod working on my mac. It brings in some elements from Napoleon Total War. It also strengthens the minor factions, and unlocks all of them. It also has improvements to the Battle AI.

There are many new units for each faction, including minor factions. Though I do wish it had the Area of Recruitment from TROM.

I am currently playing a campaign as the Pirates which is quite fun, probably the most fun I've had in awhile playing total war. I have had the computer in 1701, on H/H, actually launch a major amphibious invasion in the Bahamas. I actually lost one battle too, early on, which was surprising, as the computer launched an unexpected very intelligent assault against my dug in positions.

I highly recommend you check this one out. Here are the files I used in advanced options:

mod "Lord_BSM.pack";
    mod "Lord_Core.pack";
    mod "Lord_CP.pack";
    mod "Lord_dbunits.pack";
    mod "Lord_LCP.pack";
    mod "Lord_loc.pack";
    mod "Lord_main.pack";
    mod "Lord_movie.pack";
    mod "Lord_MUSIC.pack";
    mod "Lord_Natives.pack";
    mod "Lord_Sounds.pack";
    mod "Lord_ui.pack";
    mod "Lord_units_ui.pack";
    mod "Lord_units.pack";
    mod "Replenishment.pack";

The download comes with a variety of startpos.esf
    Last edited by The_Athenian; September 15, 2014 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Removed Vadant's Disease [sub] Mod - until compatibility issues can be corrected

How do you install imperial destroyer?

Hey, thanks for the recommendation . I am just returning to Empire after a year long hiatus and hopefully this mod will be fun . Anyways, I have the same question as the guy above me, so just bumping this thread. Do we just follow the installation instructions stated on the Imperial Destroyers forum post, i.e. just move all files into the data folder or are there any extra steps that we have to take. Thanks

Yes. it is very easy.

1. Download the .rar files

2. Use UnRarx to run all the .rar files at once.

3. Bring in the .packs to empire.
    * the sub mod with the VDM.pack and WALI.pack do not work, yet...

4. The download includes a number of folders for the late campaign and early campaign, and different start pos files to reinstate vanilla movement. Just select one of the startpos.esf files and place it in your campaign -> main folder. Or, if you have one, in the appropriate place in your "override_data" folder.

5. The download also includes an empire script file, one for early campaign, one for late campaign. So far I only got the early campaign one working. To install just open empire -> click on open preferences in the launcher -> go to the "scripts" folder -> remove or rename the vanilla empire.script files and replace with the Imperial Destroyer Script.

Please let me know if you have issues. Or if you have any luck getting the VDM sub mod to work.

Thank you The_Athenian thanks for the recommendation this the closest mod I've played to darthmod and minor faction revenge

No problem! Glad to hear you have it working NamCobra123!

I'd like to try to get Vadant's Disease Mod working on it. Adds diseases and disasters, which would be pretty cool. However, when I put it in last time it screwed up the diplomacy window (could not submit proposals).
    If you get that sub mod working please let me know.

*I am kind of starting to get motivated to try to get Darthmod working again…had it pretty much working on my computer. Just some unit cards would not show up, and some of the artillery affects just looked downright silly. So it's close, I think the unit card issue might be just from having multiple packs running at the same time that were trying to mod the same unit cards. So maybe I will do a fresh install and try again.

Good luck with Darthmod The_Athenian and I will let you know about Vadant's Disease Mod and beg my pardon but I didn't quite get the ACW mod installation �� sorry if I'm to needy

My attempt at ACW failed. I need to figure out which .packs to load up for the two campaigns. Thought I had it, for a second…
    I am going to re-download Darthmod & ACW (if I have time) today. I'll give Darthmod a look first, because that is the one that I get the most requests for. and I know that I can at least get it to launch...

Ok and I'm also word on the Vandent and Diseases mod and tell me when you got Darthmod to work please and thank you ��������

1 more thing The_Athenian what kind of mac do you have. I have mid 2011 512vram 8gb ram 1tb of hard drive space
    Thank you and by��

I have a 2.66 Ghz Macbook, 4 gb ram

Hi everybody,

I followed all the instructions of this post and ETW the Rights of Man works correctly except I am unable to save a campaign game. When I try saving a game (either by pressing the button or using the short cut CTRL + S) the game crashes.
    I have installed the game on two different iMac and cannot save any campaign game on both computers...
    Any idea why it crashes?

Thanks for your help!!

OK that is weird. Actually had a kid playing Roma Surrectum mod on his mac that was having a similar problem.

What version if your Empire Total War, is it steam, Mac's App store, digital copy (amazon, gamers gate etc)?

Edit: The kid having the issues with RS was using steam version.

The version you have will help determine the issue. In the mean time, I would do the following steps:
    *Edit:

Step 1. Do you have a save_game folder? Here is the file path for your save games -> open empire total war -> in launcher click on "About" tab -> click on "Open Preferences folder" button -> AppData -> save_games

Ok as long as that is there you are off to a good start.

Step 2 -> Have you updated to Empire 1.1.1?

Step 3 -> let's hold off on that unit we get a little more info.

if anyone else out there has had a similar problem your comments could be very helpful.
    Last edited by The_Athenian; September 19, 2014 at 03:47 PM.

Hi Athenian,

Thank you for creating this thread. I am trying to edit the startpos.esf file but I cannot locate it following your instructions. I right-clicked on the application shortcut icon and clicked 'show package content', after that I went into 'Resources' but can only find 'shortcut.icns'. Is there something I am missing here? Please advise.

I am trying to change the turn numbers per year in Shogun 2. I followed your instructions to locate the startpos.esf file by right clicking on the application shortcut icon and selecting show package content. I then went into 'Resources' but found only a file called 'shortcut.ins'. Please advise as to what I am missing. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 21, 2014 at 06:58 AM.

Hi the Athenian,

Thanks for your answer.

I have got the version 1.1.1. of ETW which I downloaded from the App Store.
    I have got a save_game folder in the path you indicated.
    Actually, there are two weird things:
    1. In the save_game folder, I can find the Grand Campaign save_game files that caused the game to crash but their size is lower than 10 MB which far too small for a save_game file (which is usually about 80 MB). It seems that the save_game files are created in the right folder but in a incorrect and incomplete way.
    2. I tried starting a Grand Campaign using a Gold Rush save_game file and it worked! The only problem in that I cannot do the battle with ultra size units and cannot input a campaign_multiplier to 2 (in the preference script). Otherwise the mod works perfectly. It is just a pity not to be able to play with bigger units.

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by sashimix3 View Post
    Hi Athenian,

Thank you for creating this thread. I am trying to edit the startpos.esf file but I cannot locate it following your instructions. I right-clicked on the application shortcut icon and clicked 'show package content', after that I went into 'Resources' but can only find 'shortcut.icns'. Is there something I am missing here? Please advise.

Thank you!
    Sashimi,

Do not right click on the shortcut icon. You want to right click on the original application, Empire Total War App. Or in your case, Shogun 2 app, the principles should be the same, same file path and all that. -> Click Show Package Contents

Then follow the file path Resources -> Data -> data -> campaigns -> main
    (could be slightly different file path for shogun 2 once you get to the campaign folder)

Also, are you using the Turns Per Year Editor I included on this thread? (To modify startpos.esf files with that you will need to locate your Empire Total War App/Shogun through the Turns per year editor program). Once you find it, you follow the file path to the startpos file you wish to modify. (If you do this I recommend copying and pasting your vanilla startpos.esf somewhere, just in case.
    Last edited by The_Athenian; September 25, 2014 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marino89 View Post
    Hi the Athenian,

Thanks for your answer.

I have got the version 1.1.1. of ETW which I downloaded from the App Store.
    I have got a save_game folder in the path you indicated.
    Actually, there are two weird things:
    1. In the save_game folder, I can find the Grand Campaign save_game files that caused the game to crash but their size is lower than 10 MB which far too small for a save_game file (which is usually about 80 MB). It seems that the save_game files are created in the right folder but in a incorrect and incomplete way.
    2. I tried starting a Grand Campaign using a Gold Rush save_game file and it worked! The only problem in that I cannot do the battle with ultra size units and cannot input a campaign_multiplier to 2 (in the preference script). Otherwise the mod works perfectly. It is just a pity not to be able to play with bigger units.

Thanks for your help!

Ok glad you have it working. My computer could not handle the ultra sized units, without turning into a slideshow!