Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Empire Mac Mod Guide

Default Re: Empire Mac Mod Guide

Hi first post and probably only one id just like one favour if someone can help me out that would be fantastic.

Am trying to get italian states mod to work ( Really terrible how limited the factions in vanilla empire total war is) i think we all dream of recreating a roman/italian empire in close to modern times and it would be a real challenge.

My problem is i have downloaded the file pack for the mod re-uploaded by an independent commentator rather than the original modder.
    The files i have are

- Italian states mod pack
    - poms no backpack pack
    - unit pack compatibility pack
    and user.empire_script.txt (this is a txt file so i assume it goes the same place as the pack files in data - data with all files left out of a subfolder `)

however i have tried the text file in campaign sub folder as well as in data folder with packs and nothing works
    I then have tried various configurations of mod "Italian_states_mod.pack"; without comma without mod at the start and without quotations in the advanced settings in the launcher and i am getting nothing no change to vanilla vanilla.

Am i doing something wrong ( I don't think i am as i have followed instructions exactly and my file directory structure are no different to what is listed in instructions) am i missing files, are their any other processes not listed i.e fresh install of etw etc?

My only thought is (I don't know how or if I'm allowed to say it on here without getting burnt) but I am using a rhymes with smacked copy. However as I've said the directory structure seems to be no different show package contents - resources -data - data.

Not expecting any replies or to get burnt for above but maybe the world will be kind to me. ; )

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I play on disc, on my Mac I play Darthmod and I dont use a user.empire_script.txt
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaalaw View Post
    Here's the path for my steam empire folder: Library/ApplicationSupport/Steam/Steamapps/Common/EmpireTotalWar/EmpireData/Data

That's where i moved both .packs after unzipping to a separate folder.

I put the script into the folder located at: Library/ApplicationSupport/FeralInteractive/EmpireTotalWar/Appdata/Scripts

Also added the mod "Aumblahblahblah"; lines to the launcher, one for each .pack

Hope this helps, and thanks for your help so far.
    I am visiting this thread in 2017, and after scouring everything the internet has to offer regarding Mac mods for Empire: Total War, I must say that I am at a loss.

I am looking for a mod which enhances A.I. (i.e. reduction of fort building, better unit management, etc.), reduces the onslaught of the Marathas, offers replenishment and logistics tweaks, and generally increases realism.

However, I cannot find a Steam folder anywhere on my hard drive, nor can I find any folder containing Total War files for that matter. Most of the old mod links are broken as well. Any help would be appreciated. I am willing to DL any mod that adds flavor to the vanilla grand campaign--the easier to access the better.

Blog Entries

Are you looking through the root or user library folder? It should definitely be there if you are sure your game is from steam. Heres a thread I made on how to install darthmod hope it helps http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Empire-on-Mac
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

So I'm just being ignored... I suppose thats better than being flamed...
    If any one has any ideas for me great. Otherwise ill settle for playing fm16, Democracy 3 and emt but limited as russia. Year 1730 and I've conquered entire scandanavia, crimea, bulgaria and mackhachkala and unto 170 prestige wise. I hate Sweden though I destroyed them in their homeland but Denmark were lazy and did nothing to stop them taking over weak poland-lithuatuina there army is weak and spread out so i just need to move my army and wipe them out.

Blog Entries

You've put user.empire_script in the wrong place. Do you play on steam or a disc version

Blog Entries

I play on the disc version and I just put <mod modname.pack;> in the advanced options, I don't need a script.

But it if you play on Steam, maybe put it in Macintosh HD/Users/library/application support/feral interactive/empire/scripts. That's where it is for me at least. It probably says Creative Assembly instead of feral interactive.

Hi,
    I love playing Empire Total war, but recently it got boring, so I looked around for a steam workshop, but there wasn't one. I found this site, and the recommended mods seem so great, but unfortunately I have no idea how to download them, even after reading the instructions! Please help, I would really appreciate it!

Blog Entries

So here's the TL;DR @Kai_K2017

You should start by downloading wine, then you can install the exe files on your Mac.

Download the respective .pack files you need, then place them in resources/data. In advanced options put 'mod <modname>.pack;'

For example I put 'mod DME_Custom.pack; mod DME_SkinPack.pack; mod DME_UnitsPack.pack; mod DME_Navy.pack; mod DME_AUM.pack; mod DME_darthmod.pack; mod DME_boot.pack; mod DME_BSM_Light.pack; mod DME_campaign.pack; mod DME_HUDTRANS.pack; mod DME_MediaUC.pack; mod DME_Media.pack; mod DME_SkiesBlueSkies.pack; mod DME_Sounds.pack; mod DME_UPC_v1_3_spanish.pack; mod DME_UPC_v6_3.pack; mod DME_Music_ON.pack; mod DME_DFMGEN.pack;' with no quotation marks. Some appear to need to use quotation marks around each pack file, in which case it might be eg. mod "DME_darthmod.pack";

Now to enable the actual campaign map to be the way you want it, place the startpos.esf and scripting.lua files in the
    data>campaign>main folder.

I don't know if you'll need a script txt file, all I can say is that I don't and I play off the Feral Disc version.

Hope this helps you!

Hi. Is this thread still alive?

I recently got Imperial Splendour working on my Mac for ETW. However, every time I try and play a custom battle the game just crashed to desktop. This is an endless cycle and I really need some help.

Thanks.

Imperial Splendor is the only mod I can get mostly working, and even then there are some strange issues. For example, the campaign crashes. Additionally, unit names are sometimes missing.
    Mostly there's an odd, and horrifying graphical issue with France and Britain.

Is there any way to get this and the other mods like TROM working?

Blog Entries

Are there any missing pack files that aren’t selected possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    So here's the TL;DR @Kai_K2017

You should start by downloading wine, then you can install the exe files on your Mac.

Download the respective .pack files you need, then place them in resources/data. In advanced options put 'mod <modname>.pack;'

For example I put 'mod DME_Custom.pack; mod DME_SkinPack.pack; mod DME_UnitsPack.pack; mod DME_Navy.pack; mod DME_AUM.pack; mod DME_darthmod.pack; mod DME_boot.pack; mod DME_BSM_Light.pack; mod DME_campaign.pack; mod DME_HUDTRANS.pack; mod DME_MediaUC.pack; mod DME_Media.pack; mod DME_SkiesBlueSkies.pack; mod DME_Sounds.pack; mod DME_UPC_v1_3_spanish.pack; mod DME_UPC_v6_3.pack; mod DME_Music_ON.pack; mod DME_DFMGEN.pack;' with no quotation marks. Some appear to need to use quotation marks around each pack file, in which case it might be eg. mod "DME_darthmod.pack";

Now to enable the actual campaign map to be the way you want it, place the startpos.esf and scripting.lua files in the
    data>campaign>main folder.

I don't know if you'll need a script txt file, all I can say is that I don't and I play off the Feral Disc version.

Hope this helps you!
    Where can I download these individual DME pack files?

Blog Entries

I didn’t mean individually sorry, I meant the full thing. Thats just how you install manually instead of using the launcher

I just wanna say a huge thanks to everybody that contributed to this thread, it still helps people 5 years after its creation !

Btw hello Aexodus how are you ? I struggle to use private messages but I don't wanna mess up this thread
    What do you people think of creating a Steam group including Empire Mac players that would like to play multiplayer ? That would be easier to coordinate and setup battles !

Blog Entries

Oh hello, That’s a good idea Aerys!

but... unfortunately I don’t own Empire through steam, I have it on disc

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Oh hello, That’s a good idea Aerys!

but... unfortunately I don’t own Empire through steam, I have it on disc
    Hey, so I eventually got Darthmod working fine on Empire. Much easier than installing it for Napoleon.

Now that I have Darthmod for Napoleon as well I'm running into a much more difficult issue: my game is crashing late in battles.

Are you familiar with this issue at all? Admittedly, I haven't tested it without any mods yet... but the first battle of the campaign I fought & completed fine. Now that I'm fighting in the Naples region, however, the game crashes after about 10-15 minutes of battling. I suspect it's a RAM issue, I'm on a 2015 Macbook Pro with plenty of RAM though.

Also, kinda unrelated, but the Darthmod smoke effects are clipping and visible through the maps terrain... for some reason...

I hope this post merges, apologizes if it doesn't, but I want to clarify: I'm asking the above questions about Napoleon, not Empire.

Bagabigna's Avatar Civis

The unit names are not appearing even though I've installed the upc file in the correct location. Is there anyway to fix this?

I have installed etw thanks to the appstore and i have tried imperial destroyer (it worked), but then i wanted to play with the rights of men and it was impossible to find the files, so i desided to play with imperial splendour, but i couldn't find a download link (without the exe file)
    can someone help me?