Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Assembly Kit Guide

Default Re: Assembly Kit Guide

I have been looking into how to change starting positions with Tweak and the section that governs region ownership doesn't seem to have any way to edit it (add/remove regions). Am I missing something or is this handled elsewhere?

Thanks for your tutorial, it is a huge help.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I tried only increase morale like you did.

Now I opened with PFM without errors, and the morale of praetorians was 99 as I wish.

You could do on your PC? Patch 8.1? If so, the problem should be in the game ... I will delete and install again

ps. I have the vanilla

thanks again

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I have been looking into how to change starting positions with Tweak and the section that governs region ownership doesn't seem to have any way to edit it (add/remove regions). Am I missing something or is this handled elsewhere?

Thanks for your tutorial, it is a huge help.

To edit a regions ownership you need to edit a database table. This table is then used when generating a new startpos ESF.

In TWeak go:
    View -> Table Launcher -> start_pos_regions

Open the table, and you'll see for each region there is an owning_faction column. It's a dropdown box so you can simply select what faction you want to own that region.

Although this is a database table it's not a normal DB table you'd expect to see in the PFM, its use is solely to be read and implemented into a newly generated ESF file. Hence if creating a mod that only has region changes expect to have BOB produce an startpos.esf file on its own and not a mod.pack. As it isn't a pack file you're making the final stage in BOB is a bit different, you need to select from the working data tree view the campaign you've edited from the campaign folder and not the mod.pack in the retail tree view, then hit Start.

Its also worth noting I haven't tested this with a region capital, or a region with an army in it. It's likely other changes will be necessary in these situations but otherwise it's just the one value. Pretty easy.

Foederatus

Hey man thanks for the POST. How do we go about Creating new units? Using TWeak and then Variant Editor? but then once I get the unit looking how I want it then what?
    Thank bud

Civis

I can't seem to get the varianteditor to display anything. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Civis

Managed to get it working - I forgot to load the variant mesh file itself haha

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This may be too much for me, besides being already accustomed to the pfm. But ...

-You can open existing mods, or attach new files to these mods? I guess we can do it only with pfm.

-How to make more than one mod? When I open it again, the files appear to have the modification made ​​previously.

-At the end using boob, selecting the files has to be one by one, I mean i have to select all the files I tweak?And if I want add another one?

-How to edit more than one value at the same time, in a column?

I know that this is almost a professional tool and I hope the good modders start to made great mods,but I just hope that pfm continue,its so friendly.Please dont you drop it.

Civis

Ok from what I have played with so far, the variant editor can be very useful for A: Visualising each material on different units B: Not having to load the game each time you make a variantmesh change to see how it turns out. I am assuming that if I change the rigidmodel files from the core files (the ones that the TWeak loads from) to be able to load custom textures, you should be able to get a quick preview of your new texture without having to load the game. However I could be wrong and will give this a go. If it does work I will share my findings. I would also recommend to make a base variantmeshdefinition file that includes things such as accessories, legs, etc - pretty much all types of variants, because from what I have tried so far, you cannot add something like the accessories variant to the file you are looking at.

Meneros's Avatar Artifex

I'm trying to convert the ridig_model_v2 files into CS2 files so that they can be exported to max, but I'm not managing to do so. Converting from CS2 to rigid_model_v2 seems easy enough, but it will not allow me the action of doing the reverese. Any idea what I'm missing?

Civis

What is happening when you try to convert it? Does it give an error? Does it do nothing? Does it convert it but not open up in 3ds?

Also Meneros, I'm working on a few textures I'd like for you guys to use in DeI. Is the best way to contact you about it through PM?

thank you very much you are awesome!i would like to see a tutorial about variantmesh definitions

Thanks .Mitch. Very kind of you to take time for this Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    To edit a regions ownership you need to edit a database table. This table is then used when generating a new startpos ESF.

In TWeak go:
    View -> Table Launcher -> start_pos_regions

Open the table, and you'll see for each region there is an owning_faction column. It's a dropdown box so you can simply select what faction you want to own that region.

Although this is a database table it's not a normal DB table you'd expect to see in the PFM, its use is solely to be read and implemented into a newly generated ESF file. Hence if creating a mod that only has region changes expect to have BOB produce an startpos.esf file on its own and not a mod.pack. As it isn't a pack file you're making the final stage in BOB is a bit different, you need to select from the working data tree view the campaign you've edited from the campaign folder and not the mod.pack in the retail tree view, then hit Start.

Its also worth noting I haven't tested this with a region capital, or a region with an army in it. It's likely other changes will be necessary in these situations but otherwise it's just the one value. Pretty easy.
    In which folder I find the new startpos file (after BOB has produced it)?

i have never modded before. Can you tell me how to add animations? thx

Meneros's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by zeroFreeze View Post
    What is happening when you try to convert it? Does it give an error? Does it do nothing? Does it convert it but not open up in 3ds?

Also Meneros, I'm working on a few textures I'd like for you guys to use in DeI. Is the best way to contact you about it through PM?
    Yeah, send them with some pictures to me and we'll have a look at them.

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Progress report: Mitch was helpful and told us how to edit the regions, so I went ahead and had a go.

Everything seems sorted with the way I did things. Made sure there were no errors and that each faction only had one capital etc. I then went ahead and tried to BOB to process my startpos. As Mitch advised, I never selected a mod pack and just told BOB to process the campaign I did by itself. I went ahead and pressed start. What seemed to happen next was that it loaded up Rome 2 but then crashed. So after closing Rome 2 from the failed boot up screen, I waited just a little bit as BOB was still processing and then it failed. Everything was green except "Process start pos (main_rome)", which is the very last one so that tells me this last step failed. Anyone seen this?

When I selected it, it said "Timed out. Couldn't locate launcher and game processes." Not sure why it couldn't locate my launcher. It seemed to have started Rome 2 by itself, and I don't mess around with any system files.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Quote Originally Posted by neff85 View Post
    In which folder I find the new startpos file (after BOB has produced it)?
    I think you might find it in working_data. Alternatively, when you're exporting you can select the option for it to put in a pack, which can be found in the retail folder (you can always extract the ESF with PFM).

Quote Originally Posted by DogSoldierSPQR View Post
    Progress report: Mitch was helpful and told us how to edit the regions, so I went ahead and had a go.

Everything seems sorted with the way I did things. Made sure there were no errors and that each faction only had one capital etc. I then went ahead and tried to BOB to process my startpos. As Mitch advised, I never selected a mod pack and just told BOB to process the campaign I did by itself. I went ahead and pressed start. What seemed to happen next was that it loaded up Rome 2 but then crashed. So after closing Rome 2 from the failed boot up screen, I waited just a little bit as BOB was still processing and then it failed. Everything was green except "Process start pos (main_rome)", which is the very last one so that tells me this last step failed. Anyone seen this?

When I selected it, it said "Timed out. Couldn't locate launcher and game processes." Not sure why it couldn't locate my launcher. It seemed to have started Rome 2 by itself, and I don't mess around with any system files.
    I had the same problem, you should read this (bottom of the page):
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Rome_2_Assembly_kit

That fixed it for me, but I did however run into a similar problem when removing all regions for a faction.

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Echo 418 View Post
    I think you might find it in working_data. Alternatively, when you're exporting you can select the option for it to put in a pack, which can be found in the retail folder (you can always extract the ESF with PFM).

I had the same problem, you should read this (bottom of the page):
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Rome_2_Assembly_kit

That fixed it for me, but I did however run into a similar problem when removing all regions for a faction.
    Thank you. I really, really appreciate that.

Now that Rome 2 actually starts up and startpos is actually processed, the only thing one must find out now is where that startpos is after being processed. I checked working_data. I even went into raw data and still not there. It definitely processed it's going to take a while to find it.

I really do appreciate the help though, my friend.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I tried to make custom unit and then made variant mesh work but I didn't got it to work as I have all files what need for custom unit create.

Quote Originally Posted by DogSoldierSPQR View Post
    Thank you. I really, really appreciate that.

Now that Rome 2 actually starts up and startpos is actually processed, the only thing one must find out now is where that startpos is after being processed. I checked working_data. I even went into raw data and still not there. It definitely processed it's going to take a while to find it.

I really do appreciate the help though, my friend.
    If you opt to put the startpos.esf file in a pack, you can just extract the file with the PFM.
    I did exactly that and got it to work in the game.