Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Assembly Kit Guide

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Assembly Kit Guide

I'm assuming this mod involves one of the major unit tables (probably land or main_units). The data used to generate these was not updated to 9.1, hence the crashes. To fix, open your mod using PFM -> Postprocess menu -> Rename All. That should fix all your issues
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by crzyrndm View Post
    I'm assuming this mod involves one of the major unit tables (probably land or main_units). The data used to generate these was not updated to 9.1, hence the crashes. To fix, open your mod using PFM -> Postprocess menu -> Rename All. That should fix all your issues
    Thanks for your reply! However,

1) I do not have Pack File Manager
    and
    2) The mod did not edit data tables, it was purely unit appearance (except for colors I guess)

thanks, very helpful.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

I must be doing something wrong at a very basic level. Any mod pack I create is causing the game to stop working almost immediately. That's even when I export and pack a table that I made no changes to at all. Help?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Using a unit related table?
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all

The same thing happens to me, but only when I edit the land_units table. I can change stuff in the naval_units just fine but this one always gives me troubles. Any mod I make with that just crashes my game at the start.

It's because of the 9.1 update, which added several units to the land table.

Open the pack using PFM (sticky at the top of the forum this thread is in), go to db/land_units_tables/land_units, and rename the land_units file to anything else.

If all the tables come up red and blue in PFM, you need to unzip this into the PFM directory. The blue tables will remain, but all the red tables except two will turn black and you can edit them.

I did that and now it works, thanks for the help

Great Guide!
    I Will like to ask the creator of this Thread for permission to translate this Guide to Greek And post it to www.totalwarhellas.com

Caki's Avatar First Consul of Thera

I'm doing something wrong because when I create a mod pack the game won't load it (it says the mod is out of date)
    Any one else having these problems?
    Proud To Be Under The Patronage Of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of Thera, A New Beginning

It's out of date because you haven't uploaded it to the workshop. Just tick the "use out of date mods" and *then* if it crashes you've done something wrong.

Caki's Avatar First Consul of Thera

OK
    Thanx
    Proud To Be Under The Patronage Of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of Thera, A New Beginning

Does anyone know how to change mercenary pools with the Assembly Kit? I have trouble including the tables in the ESF file.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'm have issue with connecting to database when using the beta patch for Assembly Kit. Both my game and the Kit use beta patch. Anyone else have the problem or my Assembly Kit somehow get corrupted ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Beta 12 TWeak appears to be completely borked. DAVe can't connect to schema and variant editor crashes. Both have been reported

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by crzyrndm View Post
    Beta 12 TWeak appears to be completely borked. DAVe can't connect to schema and variant editor crashes. Both have been reported
    Ah Then it's not just me. I haven't tried variant thing though.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

I've got a little question. How can i reset all the work i've done. I worked on a little mod and want to start from scratch for annother one because the land_units table is full of my mod stuff. I just want the vanilla tables back.

Uh, go to assembly_kit\raw_data\db and delete the land_units.xml in there (actually, making a copy of it would provbably better). Open up steam and verify the AK, it should replace it with a clean XML.

Hi all,
    I have a problem with the Assembly Kit: i created a mod, with should change the subculture of the bastarnae. But the problem is, that the only change in the game when I use the mod is, that the tertiary colour of the Bastarnae is changed and that the Bastarnae are when I want to start a new campaign are now under "germanic tribes" and not "daco-thracian tribes". But in the campaign itself, there is no change. The units are the same, and the generals and buildings also.
    I have no Idea what I did wrong...
    My (relevant) edited tables are:
    -commander_unit_permissions
    -faction_banners
    -factions
    -faction_to_mercenary_set_junctions
    -start_pos_settlements
    -region_religions
    -start_pos_factions
    -start_pos_regions
    -faction_to_faction_groups_junctions

So, did I forget to edit any tables, or is the Assembly Kit unable to do things like this...? Just for example, in the table "factions" I had to change many things from celtogermanic to germanic, for example the subculture, the military and the name group. But when I start rome II, there are no changes

I hope that somebody can help me!

dom385's Avatar Senator

Is it possible to open a mod file with the assembly kit? I wanted to edit some of the units in DEI but i can only see the vanilla units.