Thread: Inquisition Calls A Crusade, Should I Obey Them? Will I get Benefits?

Icon4 Inquisition Calls A Crusade, Should I Obey Them? Will I get Benefits?

I am playing as Romuli, I have trade agreements with most of the Christian factions and I am allied with one. After a really rough start constantly getting conquered with most of my expansion being taken and my entire navy being destroyed ,losing many battles, I have finally fixed my economy and my Empire is not declining anymore and is expanding rapidly. I am in close proximity to the Fire Island native tribes and there is a Crusade called against them, will I improve relations with the Inquisition if I conquer them? My plan in THERA is to eliminate all factions and ally or keep trade agreements with all the Christian factions.

Default Re: Inquisition Calls A Crusade, Should I Obey Them? Will I get Benefits?

You won't get anything for taking it as the Romuli aren't Christian and so can't take part in crusades. If you want the land though I'd still recommend taking it, mainly to screw over all of the factions who tried to join the crusade against it.

I don't think that gives you any negative relations with anyone as far as I know. But it definitely wouldn't improve your relations with the Inquisition as they want a Christian nation to conquer it, not just another heathen such as yourself.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Inquisition Calls A Crusade, Should I Obey Them? Will I get Benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by Decius101 View Post
    I am playing as Romuli, I have trade agreements with most of the Christian factions and I am allied with one. After a really rough start constantly getting conquered with most of my expansion being taken and my entire navy being destroyed ,losing many battles, I have finally fixed my economy and my Empire is not declining anymore and is expanding rapidly. I am in close proximity to the Fire Island native tribes and there is a Crusade called against them, will I improve relations with the Inquisition if I conquer them? My plan in THERA is to eliminate all factions and ally or keep trade agreements with all the Christian factions.
    You eliminate all non Christian factions will be a big feat, but if you do that and all that's left is you and the Christians, guess what? All ayes will be I on you. And they will attack you.

i have yet to play with a Christian faction in thera, are you able to get excommunicated if you attack another Christian factions? Like in M2TW?

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    i have yet to play with a Christian faction in thera, are you able to get excommunicated if you attack another Christian factions? Like in M2TW?
    Yarp, but I think it takes a bit more to be excommunicated in Thera than in vanilla. I normally just ally the Inquisition anyway and then I can just fight whichever faction I want as if it's another Christian faction, then they're normally the ones to be threatened with excommunication.

there's something off with religion in this mod.. by this i mean the other christian factions usually recruit very few or no priests and eventually my cardinals rule the college and the papacy

Whaaaaaaa? Pictures please.

I agree with Banquo, I did a campaign as the Dracule and it took me maybe 40 turns to have complete control of every seat in the College of Cardinals as well as several clear cut candidates when the cardinals died. its a little too easy.

Ideally you should never allow too many christian or muslim nations to flourish. Then they will jihad or crusade you often.
    Try allying various different religions to keep them all in check.

But still the issue here how is that Romuli are christian faction? They should not be

The Romuli aren't a Christian faction though? I think he's wondering whether the Inquisition will like him conquering a city that's the subject of a crusade despite him not playing as a Christian faction if I'm not mistaken here?

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    there's something off with religion in this mod.. by this i mean the other christian factions usually recruit very few or no priests and eventually my cardinals rule the college and the papacy

Are you serious? Screenshots would be nice. I have not even used Roman priests much during my campaign since I don't care what religion my conquered people are. The only Christian factions that have a priest out is the Faustian Riech, they have a Cardinal and Priest. I suppose the Christian factions never send Priests/Cardinals out much.

Can someone please tell me how I would rule the College of Cardinals as Romuli? I suppose I would need to be allies with the Inquisition first. I never played Vanilla Medieval 2 except for the Kingdoms Expansion with the Americas Campaign and I never finished it, I don't know the details on how religion works and how I would be able to rule in the college of cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by Decius101 View Post
    Are you serious? Screenshots would be nice. I have not even used Roman priests much during my campaign since I don't care what religion my conquered people are. The only Christian factions that have a priest out is the Faustian Riech, they have a Cardinal and Priest. I suppose the Christian factions never send Priests/Cardinals out much.

Can someone please tell me how I would rule the College of Cardinals as Romuli? I suppose I would need to be allies with the Inquisition first. I never played Vanilla Medieval 2 except for the Kingdoms Expansion with the Americas Campaign and I never finished it, I don't know the details on how religion works and how I would be able to rule in the college of cardinals.
    You can only get priests in the college if you're a Christian faction. So as the Romuli you can't really do anything to do with it. Personally I'd count this as a blessing as you don't have to deal with the Grand Inquisitor trying to tell who you can and can't fight.