Thread: The Battle of Alesia - Historic Battle Guide

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default The Battle of Alesia - Historic Battle Guide

Hi everyone, after deciding to try my hand at the historical battles in Rome II, I started with the one that appealed to me most: The Battle of Alesia. This battle is a Caesar in Gaul exclusive so after numerous attempts I couldn't beat the damn thing on Legendary and couldn't find any guides! I only found 2 videos online of people doing it, and they both used mods, so that was a no go.

The reason I was doing all this was because I wanted to make a real cinematic battle video. Unfortunatly I learned that you cannot save your replays so that was out of the question, so I decided to master the battle myself and do a how to on it. And so here it is, took me a while I'll be honest but now it's a piece of cake

For those interested I also talk about the history behind the battle briefly.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Foederatus

Default Re: The Battle of Alesia - Historic Battle Guide

Great stuff! I hope you will do similar videos/battles in the future and I for one will be watching. Thanks for this video.

Great stuff indeed!

TotalWarJunkie's Avatar Civis

I've been failing at this battle for a while now. Gonna try this out and see if I can pull it off. Wish me luck!
    "Favente Deo Supero" - By God's favour I Conquer

Great video - it helped with my own playthrough, many thanks!

By the way, do you have any tips for the Battle of Pydna? It seems that after the latest patches the Macedonian units have huge morale buffs making it very difficult to get them to break. I've managed to stall their cavalry ambush, defeat them, and then send my own cavalry around to attack the flanks and rear of their phalanxes. I've even managed to surround them, but they just do not break at all...and my own men just flee instead because of heavy casualties taken by the infantry that I use as the 'anvil' for my own cavalry's 'hammer' attack. I've attempted this battle a dozen times by now and nothing seems to work.