Thread: Formation Modifications

Default Formation Modifications

I'm relatively new to RTW-RTR, but I've noticed an underperforming AI already (I like to play at medium difficulty for battles, without unfair bonuses). So I'm looking for a AI-mod...
    I see the two top-ranked modification about AI are Darth's and Sinuhet's.

Your preference? Reasons?
    Suggestions?

Thanks!

Default Re: Formation Modifications

Darth formations are already included in RTRPE. True, his last super pack (or what ever the name was ) are not yet in.

Sinuhets. bug less and he just released a new version
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

I have to agree with The Walrus, as Sinuhet's are more refined than Darth's at current.

Darth's one is already included in RTRPE, then :hmmm:
    If I install Sinuhet's mod over the latest RTRPE, I'll have conflicts?

Nah no conflicts. Sinuhet's current release only changes the actual formations file, so if you install it you'll be okay.
    I believe Sinuhet is working on (or otherwise has already released) a version which changes another file; the EDU. Whilst this will cause no problems with vanilla RTRPE, it will require special attention to merge with mods based on RTEPE.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Twix edited the most recent version of Sinhuet's formations to work with RTRE ExRM, and Sinhuet's got a version for vanilla RTRE. I've got a beta copy of Twix's edits, which work well for me. I suggested yesterday that he release them to the community, but he's not gotten back to me.

The EDU is a stand-alone edit. It helps, but you don't need it.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.