Thread: Looking to install R&P on a win 8 OS

Icon6 Looking to install R&P on a win 8 OS

Been a while since i last played this mod think i had 2.1 install on win Xp. The grahics card on the board broke on the computer would of tryed an easy transfer but that not an option. Installed the game tryed to install the 2.4 extracted the file in2 the M2TW file and clicked the LuncherReg but still cant see the R&P mod when see the Laucher window popdown menu. Then i tryed switching the M2TW R&P files and laucher on old hard drive clicked again notting and also in compatablity mode aswell. Real miss this mod and want to get back into it if anybody could steer me in the the right install direction on window 8 i would be eternally grateful.

Bóru1000

Default Re: Looking to install R&P on a win 8 OS

Disregard the post above i got it all sorted, Thanks to Gigantus and Irishron posts really apricate all you guys have done here. There has been some amazing work done to this mod in the last 5-6 year since i played map looks class factions & families look right and the cities look alot more organice and realistic. I commend all you moder out there for the work u guys have done here althought i am only geting started again can't but be excited about the campaign ahead.

One last Question though I am trying to put a few events forward to get to the amercia's like in the first 50-100 turns is there any other files i need to edit besides these lot

event historic first_rudder
    date 66

event historic first_magnetic_compass
    date 68

event historic world_is_round
    date 216

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Looking to install R&P on a win 8 OS

Gunpowder would need to be moved up, too to keep the ship techtree in order.