View Poll Results: Which game shall be set at the application start? At the moment it is Rome2.

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Attila

5 100.00%
  • Rome2

0 0%
Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 133853545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1342

Thread: SaveParser - Editor for Total War savegames - v1.40.0.0

RoninX2807's Avatar Senator

Default Re: SaveParser - Editor for Total War savegames - v1.39.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by myristate View Post
    I can easily provide a multiplayer save if you wish. Does it matter how far through the save game is? is there any other requirements it needs to have? Where do you wish me to send it
    Upload it somewhere.. e.g. Google or something like that. No other requirements.

I sent you a private message with the details

Quote Originally Posted by myristate View Post
    I sent you a private message with the details
    new download is ready

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Hi, Ronin, i can't switch to Rome 2, only Attila is always active. I unpacked the latest version of the program, the path to the folder with the game I registered through saveparser ini. as it was written in the description to installation. I have installed two games Attila and Rome 2, both of them are in the same folder, but Rome 2 program does not see how I wrote above, and only sees Attila. What could be the problem? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Hi, Ronin, i can't switch to Rome 2, only Attila is always active. I unpacked the latest version of the program, the path to the folder with the game I registered through saveparser ini. as it was written in the description to installation. I have installed two games Attila and Rome 2, both of them are in the same folder, but Rome 2 program does not see how I wrote above, and only sees Attila. What could be the problem? Thanks.
    Could you start SaveParser with the parameter debug and paste the content of the debug box here?

Quote Originally Posted by RoninX2807 View Post
    Could you start SaveParser with the parameter debug and paste the content of the debug box here?
    The first run of the program gave such an error.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I thought that by clicking "continue" and set the path to the games, the error will go away. So it happened, the error is gone, but the program only sees Attila.
    Two more screens, the first shows how I set the path to the games, the second is the result. Maybe I did something wrong?

I looked at the parameters of my system and found out that I don't have a debugging function, if that's what you meant. Therefore, debug data is not displayed when an error occurs. Sadly.
    Last edited by Alexander78; December 28, 2018 at 06:29 AM.

Hello
    Ronin!!And Merry christmas!
    Apologies for this request so late in this year!
    Here is my problem.I try to debug a mod (RGM) who gives crash in the campaign.So i use your tool in order to
    edit the save game and get over the crush turn .
    My idea was to block the move of the faction who gives crash.So i try to use SET MOVEMENT button to set in 0, movement points for all the AI characters.The problem is that button work only for my faction.It is true or i do something wrong?
    And if is true it cannot be extend to all faction?The records are the same in the database.
    And now some questions if you can help.
    After some hour of manual editing movement points (put in 0) and action move (put in FALSE) so the character cannot move, when i load the save, AI characters still move.You have a idea why?
    Also it will be very good if you have a method to edit save game in order to skip a turn for an AI faction.So all faction can move but one no .

HI, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO DO T CONTROL MORE THEN 40 UNITS IN BATTLE?? I KNOW TO EDIT SO 1 ARMY CAN HAVE 40 UNITS, BUT IN BATTLE WHEN YOU HAVE OWN 2 ARMY WITH 40 UNITS,ONLY CAN CONTROL 1 ARMY WITH 40 UNITS

The first run of the program gave such an error.

I thought that by clicking "continue" and set the path to the games, the error will go away. So it happened, the error is gone, but the program only sees Attila.
    Two more screens, the first shows how I set the path to the games, the second is the result. Maybe I did something wrong?

I looked at the parameters of my system and found out that I don't have a debugging function, if that's what you meant. Therefore, debug data is not displayed when an error occurs. Sadly.
    In the SaveParser.ini is a line logFile.enabled, set it to true. and the start the proogram againn. content of file please paste here.

Quote Originally Posted by danadi712 View Post
    Hello Ronin!!And Merry christmas!
    Apologies for this request so late in this year!

Here is my problem.I try to debug a mod (RGM) who gives crash in the campaign.So i use your tool in order to edit the save game and get over the crush turn .

My idea was to block the move of the faction who gives crash.So i try to use SET MOVEMENT button to set in 0, movement points for all the AI characters.The problem is that button work only for my faction.It is true or i do something wrong?
    And if is true it cannot be extend to all faction?The records are the same in the database.
    And now some questions if you can help.
    After some hour of manual editing movement points (put in 0) and action move (put in FALSE) so the character cannot move, when i load the save, AI characters still move.You have a idea why?
    Also it will be very good if you have a method to edit save game in order to skip a turn for an AI faction.So all faction can move but one no .
    No problem!
    Setting movement points for AI would not help because the game will refresh their movement point when their turn starts...
    BUT:
    For which game?
    There is a Map button.
    Did you try to workaround with this. Move their armies to an unmovable area e.g. hills or out-of-bounds... maybe you have to try-and-error with this feature, but it MAY help.

Quote Originally Posted by MaYor_02 View Post
    HI, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO DO T CONTROL MORE THEN 40 UNITS IN BATTLE?? I KNOW TO EDIT SO 1 ARMY CAN HAVE 40 UNITS, BUT IN BATTLE WHEN YOU HAVE OWN 2 ARMY WITH 40 UNITS,ONLY CAN CONTROL 1 ARMY WITH 40 UNITS
    Sorry, no idea. Maybe this something that it restricted by the game...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 24, 2019 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

In the SaveParser.ini is a line logFile.enabled, set it to true. and the start the proogram againn. content of file please paste here.

I hope this helps you.

I hope this helps you.
    That is what I needed.
    As you can see in the Rome2 section: "Checking coonfiguration for Rome2"
    game path set correctly in SaveParser.ini: false
    game exe exists: false
    Either the patch is not correct or..... did you move (with Setam) the game from another disk to this? If yes there is at the old location an empty folder, this must be deleted.
    Last edited by RoninX2807; December 29, 2018 at 05:13 PM.

That is what I needed.
    As you can see in the Rome2 section: "Checking coonfiguration for Rome2"
    game path set correctly in SaveParser.ini: false
    game exe exists: false
    Either the patch is not correct or..... did you move (with Setam) the game from another disk to this? If yes there is at the old location an empty folder, this must be deleted.
    No, I did not move the game, I installed it directly on drive D. Maybe delete all previous history and try to reinstall the game?

No, I did not move the game, I installed it directly on drive D. Maybe delete all previous history and try to reinstall the game?
    Reinstalling should be the last option...
    The program cannot find the Rome2.exe in D:\Games\Total War Rome II
    and D:\Games\Total War Rome II itself neither...
    Did you get Rome2 by Steam? Please check the common folder of ...\Steam\steamapps\common whether is a Rome 2 folder?

Join
    https://us23.chatzy.com/34661980596952
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 24, 2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Thank you Ronin for your help, I really appreciate it. Happy holidays and all the best! From me + rep.

Sorry, no idea. Maybe this something that it restricted by the game...
    TNX MAN FOR ANSWER,TACE CARE

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

- creating hybrid-savegame (detailed how-to information needed)
    - player faction change (very likely that is impossible)
    So... we can't make hybrid savegames yet? I had in the past made a hybrid savegame for R2TW to change faction using Taw's tools for ESF to XML but it was damn hard to do and it was years ago so the ESF structures and save game structure has probably changed since then.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

The map button doesnt seem to work anymore

It says Parameter Name: image and has the following error

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: image
    at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromImage(Image image)
    at SaveParserDialogs.Window_Map.drawMapElements(PictureBox pictureBox, Boolean select)
    at SaveParserDialogs.Window_Map.populateMap(Boolean doUpdate, Boolean select)
    at SaveParserDialogs.Window_Map.setData(List`1 list_Elements, Dictionary`2 dic_IsAtWar)
    at SaveParser.SaveParser.b_Map_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    SaveParser
    Assembly Version: 1.39.2.0
    Win32 Version: 1.39.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/%5B%20Programs%20%5D/TotalWarTools/SaveParser/SaveParser.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3353.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    RoninXLibrary
    Assembly Version: 1.15.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.15.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/%5B%20Programs%20%5D/TotalWarTools/SaveParser/RoninXLibrary.DLL
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    SaveParserLibrary
    Assembly Version: 1.38.2.0
    Win32 Version: 1.38.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/%5B%20Programs%20%5D/TotalWarTools/SaveParser/SaveParserLibrary.DLL
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    EsfLibrary
    Assembly Version: 1.2.0.1
    Win32 Version: 1.2.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/%5B%20Programs%20%5D/TotalWarTools/SaveParser/EsfLibrary.DLL
    7Zip
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/%5B%20Programs%20%5D/TotalWarTools/SaveParser/7Zip.DLL
    PackParserLibrary
    Assembly Version: 1.30.0.1
    Win32 Version: 1.30.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/%5B%20Programs%20%5D/TotalWarTools/SaveParser/PackParserLibrary.DLL
    Common
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/%5B%20Programs%20%5D/TotalWarTools/SaveParser/Common.DLL
    SaveParserDialogs
    Assembly Version: 1.38.2.1
    Win32 Version: 1.38.2.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/%5B%20Programs%20%5D/TotalWarTools/SaveParser/SaveParserDialogs.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHoon View Post
    The map button doesnt seem to work anymore

It says Parameter Name: image and has the following error

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: image
    at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromImage(Image image)
    at SaveParserDialogs.Window_Map.drawMapElements(PictureBox pictureBox, Boolean select)
    at SaveParserDialogs.Window_Map.populateMap(Boolean doUpdate, Boolean select)
    at SaveParserDialogs.Window_Map.setData(List`1 list_Elements, Dictionary`2 dic_IsAtWar)
    at SaveParser.SaveParser.b_Map_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    which game?

Warhammer 2 Vortex Campaign
    Didnt test it out on ME but I assume the same

Quote Originally Posted by MrHoon View Post
    Warhammer 2 Vortex Campaign
    Didnt test it out on ME but I assume the same
    nope, other works.
    Vortex map... I havent updated it... They use the same map but just rename it. Will fix it with the next release.