View Poll Results: Which game shall be set at the application start? At the moment it is Rome2.

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Attila

5 100.00%
  • Rome2

0 0%
Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: SaveParser - Editor for Total War savegames - v1.40.0.0

RoninX2807's Avatar Senator

Default Re: SaveParser - Editor for Total War savegames - v1.28.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Gusten Grodslukare View Post
    Hello mate. I just downloaded and began to use your nifty program. I wonder if it's it possible to use the save parser to change the global maximum movement points for all armies so they don't move so large distances in a 12 turns per year game? I also wonder if it would be possible to change a value in Region display table to edit the main culture in a region?
    "global maximum movement" - hm so far i havent found neither the loaction nor the confirmed existence of such value.
    But maybe there is a movement facto stored somewhere, the poblem is to identiy this location.
    You need a savegame where nearly all values are exactly same, except this MoveFactor.
    Maybe we need the knowledge of a modder, that confirm there is such a factor.

"display table to edit the main culture in a region"
    depends of the game, you can change religion of a region by double clicking the entry in the result table.

The changes to armies' movements are being done in the land_units table, I think. But there's of course the risk that changes in that table through Save Parser will ruin other values if someone is using for example Divide et Impera. I should maybe wait and see if someone makes a submod to DeI 1.2 (or DeI 1.1) when the full and stable release is out.

I'm very happy I found out about this little helper of yours and especially the map editing tool. It's so annoying to have neutral armies standing in one's region(s) for several turns, eating up all food and causing turmoil among the population. If the AI doesn't move those armies itself, I can help out by moving them back to their territories so my units don't starve to death and can replenish.
    Last edited by Gusten Grodslukare; January 11, 2017 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gusten Grodslukare View Post
    The changes to armies' movements are being done in the land_units table, I think. But there's of course the risk that changes in that table through Save Parser will ruin other values if someone is using for example Divide et Impera. I should maybe wait and see if someone makes a submod to DeI 1.2 (or DeI 1.1) when the full and stable release is out.

I'm very happy I found out about this little helper of yours and especially the map editing tool. It's so annoying to have neutral armies standing in one's region(s) for several turns, eating up all food and causing turmoil among the population. If the AI doesn't move those armies itself, I can help out by moving them back to their territories so my units don't starve to death and can replenish.
    I am happy you like that map thingy.
    But be careful if you put armies to out of bound locationns they will never return to playable map... hm or you can do it intentionaly if the huns are getting your nerves.

HELLO Ronin!
    Sorry for come back with another request.Can you make a tool foe SHOGUN 2 to be able to change the region ownership?
    Lets say Uesugi castle i want to be mine or to give to another faction.
    And to take into consideration if the castle has army in it or the port in that region has navy in it.

Hello Ronin!

First of all, great tool! And thank you very much for publishing it!
    I have a question to ask for some testing, is it possible to turn a MP savegame into a SP savegame? faction 0 remains, faction 1 switched to AI control? Talking about R2 DeI v1.2+, script would (hopefully) just continue to work for faction 0. Do you know what tags I will have to change? I tried finding it on the forums (especially here), but might have overlooked it

Thanks in advance and best regards! Ritterlich

Edit#1
    I changed the faction array accordingly. Now I wonder how and what I must edit regarding the multiplayer headers, if at all possible
    Last edited by Ritterlichvon86; January 22, 2017 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danadi712 View Post
    HELLO Ronin!
    Sorry for come back with another request.Can you make a tool foe SHOGUN 2 to be able to change the region ownership?
    Lets say Uesugi castle i want to be mine or to give to another faction.
    And to take into consideration if the castle has army in it or the port in that region has navy in it.
    Hello Danadi,
    For Rome2, Atiila Warhammer is seems to nearly impossible to change ownership of a region.
    That's why I think it is also not working properly for Shogun2, but be even more difficulty for FotS.
    Hm, I will have a look and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterlichvon86 View Post
    Hello Ronin!

First of all, great tool! And thank you very much for publishing it!
    I have a question to ask for some testing, is it possible to turn a MP savegame into a SP savegame? faction 0 remains, faction 1 switched to AI control? Talking about R2 DeI v1.2+, script would (hopefully) just continue to work for faction 0. Do you know what tags I will have to change? I tried finding it on the forums (especially here), but might have overlooked it

Thanks in advance and best regards! Ritterlich

Edit#1
    I changed the faction array accordingly. Now I wonder how and what I must edit regarding the multiplayer headers, if at all possible
    Welcome,
    I will make a comparison for the SP and MP game reagarding the header.
    It does work just changing and removing some entries there. Gimme some time and I will report back.

HELLO RONIN!Maybe i try to help a little from what i dig my self for change ownership of a region.
    I use Save Parser to open region records in EditSf.
    EX. jap_Yuki (name of region).
    It opens like this
    REGION_ARRAY-6
    REGION
    Here line 18 is ID REGION OWNER (ex UESUGI) and Line 19 is (I think) GOVERNORSHIP ID.
    So this two line must be changed to the records of lets say TAKEDA (copy paste from a region who belongs to TAKEDA)
    Now must go further in REGION records.
    REGION
    REGION_SLOT_MANAGER
    REGION_SLOT_ARRAY
    REGION_SLOT_ARRAY-0 ------first build slot of region
    REGION_SLOT
    SIGEABLE_GARRISON_RESIDENCE
    GARRISON_RESIDENCE
    Here line 2 is again ID REGION OWNER (similar Line 18 in REGION see above).Must be change whit TAKEDA record.
    Repeat this changes for each REGION_SLOT_ARRAY-I.
    I manage to change in this way region ownership.I dont know if is enough.
    But anyway i run in to a problem.
    In the port of one region AI has a stack of naval unit.After i change the ownership when i tried to attack that stack (that is still owned by AI) the game engine ask me if i want to declare war on me.It was strange but i say yes.Then came the war UI with no option and game stuck.I have no option to get out from that UI.
    I hope that is useful.
    Best regarding.

When I assign a trait to an existing general, trait level is always set to 1 regardless of number I enter or _3 I add to the trait name.

How can I give a general a trait larger than 1?

Which game are we talking we about?
    Cant find any xxx_1 traits. Actually just change the value right to the trait combobox, But sometime you have to increase tge values nniot just from 1 to 2, but to the threshold value.
    e.g.
    1 = maybe trait 1
    but
    10 may result into trait 2

Thanks for the answer. Could I ask one more question?

How do I make SP to refer to a mod for list of names instead of the original local_en.pack for Attila?

I created a simple mod using PFM to add a custom name.

However, SP only refers to the original local_en.pack, not the mod associated with the save I'm editing. When I try to change a character's name, it only reads from the original pack and my custom names can't be found.
    Last edited by highsis; February 08, 2017 at 06:32 PM.

Version v1.28.1.1 published.

• Bugfix: Warhammer: Character Editor dialog: Chaos marks item displaying

Default Re: SaveParser - Editor for Total War savegames - v1.29.0.0

Version v1.29.0.0 published.

• Warhammer: "Bretonnia"
    • new NoGameDataPack.zip
    • SaveViewer: Bookmark dialog: NodePath editable
    • Warhammer: new DB_TW_W_160.zip (gamepack data as db file, only needed for MS SQL Server)
    • Warhammer: map for Wood Elf campaign

It seems that current version (1.6.0) allows unlimited amount of traits for one character, e.g. my Vlad von Carstein has 18 traits, but the SaverParser only supports up to 14 editabe traits. The game previously only allows up to 10 traits for a character, so limiting number of editeble traits to 14 is not a problem. But now it is.

Hi there, someone over at the Total War forums pointed me in your direction as a possible solution to my problem. I've got my fingers crossed that someone here may be able to help

(in Total War: Warhammer), I've made the classic mod rookie error of not recording which mods i had used when starting various campaigns. I'm trying to go back and finish some of my older campaigns off but TWW now crashes when loading the save games; i can only assume this is from mod conflicts, or more accurately the absence of some mods that the game is expecting to find

is there any way that I can find out (perhaps by the save game file ?) of finding out which save game files had which mods active ? I don't know where to look, or what to look for, hoping someone here may be able to help

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by 2thesword View Post
    Hi there, someone over at the Total War forums pointed me in your direction as a possible solution to my problem. I've got my fingers crossed that someone here may be able to help

(in Total War: Warhammer), I've made the classic mod rookie error of not recording which mods i had used when starting various campaigns. I'm trying to go back and finish some of my older campaigns off but TWW now crashes when loading the save games; i can only assume this is from mod conflicts, or more accurately the absence of some mods that the game is expecting to find

is there any way that I can find out (perhaps by the save game file ?) of finding out which save game files had which mods active ? I don't know where to look, or what to look for, hoping someone here may be able to help

thanks in advance
    provide me your savagame thenn may i can investigate.
    are you using any mods now when you are loading the savegame?

Quote Originally Posted by RoninX2807 View Post
    provide me your savagame thenn may i can investigate.
    are you using any mods now when you are loading the savegame?
    Thanks Ronin, I'll share the save file with you now. Overnight I verified the game cache through steam and now - with all mods turned off through the mod manager - two of the save game files worked. These were the two oldest campaigns and probably had minimal mods in play (maybe camera and skin mods etc).

The problematic save file is saved into dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/art0doc8uh...0190.save?dl=0

I was definitely using mods in this game - maybe 6 or so.

Many many thanks !

and to specifically answer your question, loading the save game with no mods enabled crashes the game back to the windows desktop. I also tried 4 different save games from the same campaign - all of them crash. The loading gets to approximately the 10% stage, in case the game loads in a specific order and this helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thesword View Post
    and to specifically answer your question, loading the save game with no mods enabled crashes the game back to the windows desktop. I also tried 4 different save games from the same campaign - all of them crash. The loading gets to approximately the 10% stage, in case the game loads in a specific order and this helps you.
    Thanx for uploading your savegame file.
    I am sorry to disappoint you but I couldn't find any useful informations.
    I used the SaveViewer to scan for certain values in the savegame, but I couldn't find anything that shows me which mods were used...
    Except: Only that the game version is 1.5 and the current version is 1.6:
    "Total War: Warhammer (1.5.0)(Final Release; Build(12745*)(Welves); 13/12/2016 13:11) Changelist(988912) v1.5.0 Build 12745.988912 (modded)"

Do you have at least one mod name which has been used for sure? Then I try further.
    Last edited by RoninX2807; March 06, 2017 at 07:12 AM.

"better camera mod" was almost (99% confident) certainly being used in that saved game.