Thread: Oh no.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Default Oh no.

Want to get back into 40k

Bbbbbbbbbuuuuuuutttttttttt

Its so expensive! $185.00 AUD for the Chaos starter pack?! ... That doesn't even include the Codex, which seems to change every 1-2 years >.> That itself is now .. $83 ????!!!!!!!!! I remember in the good old days, it use to be only $30.

This pack seems more reasonably priced but I don't think you can customise the models like regular ones. Ergo, the models are made of less parts.

And another problem is, none of my friends play 40k any more. So I'm all alone Not hard to find out why though, the silly models, lore and omgcrazy prices...

At least there is still ebay!

But I suppose I am paying for quality. Good plastic, lots of extra bits, shiny pictures(?). Ehh I would love an economic codex. Just the rules would be great.

So does anyone here still buy 40k from the store? How do they live with them selves?

And if none of your friends play 40k, what are you currently doing with the miniatures?
    Last edited by IZob; January 13, 2014 at 06:30 AM.

Default Re: Oh no.

Work, walk into store, buy what you want, not what you need.

You can always cast models yourself.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Pro players make their own models using cardboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Work, walk into store, buy what you want, not what you need.
    I don't think that will work out.

You can always cast models yourself.
    mmmmmm no.

Pro players make their own models using cardboard.
    I thought they used bits of cut-out paper with names on them.

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    Sock Puppets.

Use ones you haven't washed for a week and you can get a pretty convincing Greater Daemon of Nurgle.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

For a true pro using plastic to build model is not hard.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Blood magic.

Or you could sink money into a 3d printer...

Still cheaper than any decent 2000 pt Chaos Army list.

Don't do it........really don't do it....just buy what you like for collecting.....

The hardcovered books finally got me to stop my plastic addiction, don't get sucked back in mate....

Biarchus

I mostly paint them, don't play much. But get like a normal pack once a month or every second month. That should be affordable, i do agree that the prices are crazy high now compared to before.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    Don't do it........really don't do it....just buy what you like for collecting.....

The hardcovered books finally got me to stop my plastic addiction, don't get sucked back in mate....
    May be in the grimdark near future you can finally use a 3D printer to print the model.

i've been wanting to play but nobody near me plays it which fixes that want very easily.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

3D printers ftw.

d/w I haven't bought any Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    May be in the grimdark near future you can finally use a 3D printer to print the model.
    It's why I still have frames of unassembled chaos marines lol

Confederate Soldier's Avatar Ordinarius

Want to get back into 40k
    So does anyone here still buy 40k from the store? How do they live with them selves?

And if none of your friends play 40k, what are you currently doing with the miniatures?
    Ditto, nope, I bought my, like 11 Crisis suits from Amazon, for 11.50 each back in 09. I DID buy the warriors from the store, but it was because it was about the same as on amazon. I would say to Ebay/ online store. If you, or a friend on here are from 4chan, or however its worded, some of the members of /tg/ have contacts with "chinaman" who makes the same molds/3d printouts as GW/FW and sells them for damn cheep. I checked the site out once, was even selling weapons sets, which was awesome.

My poor Enclave soldiers are sitting in the basement now. I played a game with them after Christmas a few years back, left on a vacation, and never returned. Been thinking of having them sent to me, and finally painting them right. Trying to make some, talismans of Arthas, and sticking them on the leaders of the units. Then running the Farsight Enclave as a Crusader State.

If I were you, I would put a little back each month, and save up. When you see a good deal on eBay, jump at it. If you don't see one, or miss it, then buy from online. I looked at it like this. (we are talking about 09 now, so before the second to last price jump) I would put enough back each month for a Crisis Suit, then by the end of the year, would have enough for my elite slot, with some left over for starting broadsides, and etc. 20 bucks was not going to kill me, and the slow build up would give me time to paint them. It would have worked too, but then some guy from Florida was selling the suits for 11.50, and I ate em up .
    Proud Crusader for the F.A.I.T.H. and Gunslinger for DIXIE
    People don’t want to live in a world where god’s fight amongst each other, One God is Enough! -Alex Rosewater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zSxQnZ3TM8
    Pretty much sums up GW and there policies.....