Thread: Regular Legionary disappear in recruitment list

Default Regular Legionary disappear in recruitment list

Hey there,

i'm speaking about the very first Roman Legionaries after Marius Reform which appear together with Antesignani and Evocati. When i built the Circus Maximus in Rome, they seem to disappear. But you need the Circus Maximus to get Roman Cavalry, right? Is it not possible to recruit this Legions and Roman Cavalry at the same time?

Thanks for answer

Default Re: Regular Legionary disappear in recruitment list

In simple terms - no.

Post-Marius you get the legions (First Cohorts + Generics) of Pompey, Caesar et al when all the cavalry Rome had were provided by Allies, Clients or some Mercenaries. It's not until the Augustan Reforms that the regular Late Auxilia were formed.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Default Re: Regular Legionary disappear in recruitment list

I always see myself to go for the late reforms as quickly as possible as the problem with early-mid legions is there aren't that many cheap units. Auxiliaries are good for population control too when you don't want a city to grow just yet. And they're useful at the same time.