Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thera V4 Download link -Fully Patched with 4.001c (Floating Settlement Bug Fixed)

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Default Thera V4 Download link -Fully Patched with 4.001c (Floating Settlement Bug Fixed)

Thera V4 fully patched to v4.001c
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6U...7ro5UbYcsGmF0A

Install Instructions
    Step 1. Extract to your mods folder.
    Step 2. Launch Game with TheraV4 Windows Batch file

For Steam Users
    How to Enable Kingdoms mods for Steam Version of Medieval II.
    For whatever reason the Steam version does not have the Kingdoms.exe. This is what the mod is trying to locate and what is causing that annoying error message when you try to run certain mods.
    To enable Med II Kingdoms mods to work with Steam simply go to your Medieval II Total War Folder (Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War), make a copy of the medieval2.exe and rename the copy to kingdoms
    Thats it, you are done! Now any mods that require the kingdoms.exe will run on the Steam version of Med II.
    Last edited by Macrath; December 28, 2021 at 08:34 PM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Thera V4 and Patch 4.001c New download Link

Thanks for the link, Macrath!

+rep

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Cool
    this will be helpful for all the new Thera players will coming this year
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; May 28, 2017 at 02:22 AM.

Will this work with current saves?

I'm not entirely sure if it is or not. You might as well try and get it though unless you've got a really good campaign going at the moment that you don't want to risk losing. You could always just make a backup of your current installation though so if it doesn't work, you can just revert back to the older version.

Quote Originally Posted by Decius101 View Post
    Will this work with current saves?
    I don't see why not, as long as when you say "current save" you mean a save game of Thera V4 patched to 4.001c. I had previous saves of my campaigns in V4.001c and they worked fine when i recently downloaded and installed Thera again

What is so different about this version though? There are no details.

Wait, there is nothing different about this version is there? I already have 4.001c

in my folder, this is just a new download link right?

Umm the title clearly answers your questions.

Thera V4 and Patch 4.001c New download Link

It's a link to Thera V4 and patch 4.001c. There was no additional details because none are needed. Why you assume it's some different version i do not know.
    Last edited by Macrath; January 17, 2014 at 07:01 PM.

floyd_the_druid's Avatar Foederatus

many thanks for the link m8
    +Rep
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried....

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

thanks for the links!

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Thera V4 Download link -Fully Patched with 4.001c (Floating Settlement Bug Fixed)

Any ideas on how to get this to run through the steam mod launcher?
    Last edited by Torvus; August 10, 2015 at 12:50 AM.

Default Re: Thera V4 Download link -Fully Patched with 4.001c (Floating Settlement Bug Fixed)

Thank you, the download was incredible fast!

Thank you, can't wait for playing with [Roman] legionarii arcebusarii unit.

Dude when I start the bat file it says that kingsoms.exe has not been found qhat do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by don piruja View Post
    Dude when I start the bat file it says that kingsoms.exe has not been found qhat do I do?
    Reinstall the game and try again

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by don piruja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    Reinstall the game and try again
    What Comrade Roboto is a sure way to solve all your problems, although it's a bit slow and doesn't maximize the possibility to avoid making the same mistake again.

I would suggest a more "delicate" way to solve your problem. When I had this exact same problem of yours, a good fellow here in the forums suggested to just copy medieval2.exe, paste it in the same folder and rename it to kingdoms.exe. It worked like a charm.

I am not saying that Comrade Roboto's solution won't work (quite the contrary) nor that mine will work. I am just saying it would be best to first try the copy-paste-rename thingy and then reinstall.

On another note, I have compiled a small list of the things one has to do in order to have the most stable possible installation. It is others' gathered wisdom, not mine by the way. Here it is:

1. Download the mod while leaving your PC alone. To avoid a corrupt download.
    2. Meet the requirements for the mod you want to play, e.g. v1.5 for TATW (Third Age Total War).
    3. Edit Security for you main M2TW folder/or take Ownership of your main M2TW folder (also known as User Account Control -UAC- problem).
    4. Unhide hidden folders.
    5. Check your VirtualStore folder for Medieval 2 Total War folder, and delete it if you find it there. (Steps 3, 4 and 5 copied and pasted from here, where everything is described and explained).
    6. Install outside of Program Files. To avoid paranoid attitude of Windows and Windows-based games.
    7. Install in the correct folder, e.g. \Medieval 2 Total War for TATW instead of \Medieval 2 Total War\mods. Other mods (like THERA) or submods (like MOS or DaC) may have other target folders, so be sure to check first.
    8. Install in the correct order. To ensure the correct order of overwriting files.
    9. Running the installers as administrator usually helps.
    10. Install leaving your PC alone, closing all other applications and programs. Again, to avoid a corrupt installation.

Compare the above procedure to what you did and find the error. In any case, you have to be a bit more specific.

Generally follow each mod's instructions to the letter, do it slowly and carefully and you will be fine. If all else fails, you can always ask for help.

OP updated with Steam install instructions.

Can't wait to play this . My favourite TW mod of all time . I bought the game on Steam just so I could play this golden slice of nostalgia again . Thanks for keeping it alive team . If you see O'Neill around , say hi to him for me .
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

Hello people, I have been reinstalling that mod after a change of computer, but for some reason, create a copy of medieval2.exe renamed kingdoms.exe and then run the bat file of the mode leads me to vanilla Medieval 2, while the 'old' method of renaming mod folders work. Can someone help me with this please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast