Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Little mod

Default Little mod

*************This mod is for DBM 1.0 Only (new version available when I get time*********************
    Updated to 1.3
    Hi guys
    Here is little Mod 1.3 Updated on 12th August 2014
    Ive decided to leave the download for 1.2 below just in case you guys prefer that
    1.3 contains all the changes of earlier versions plus the following below

1. 4 turns per year script implemented(courtesy of GrnEyedDvl)
    2. Adjusted build times for buildings and units to suit 4tpy without going overboard(simply doubling them from 2tpy was too extreme)
    3. Adjusted starting treasuries
    4. Adjusted a fair few starting forces(mainly Romani and Independants)
    5. fixed a couple of inconsistencies in recruitment
    6. Tweaked Tax and Trade levels tp better balance the economy
    7. Increased Javelin ranges slightly to allow them to be used more often and altered damage stats of missile weapons
    8. Vastly increased the production of mines to make ore producing regions more desirable( Sardis for instance can now produce 5000 Denari per turn making it a prize catch for any faction and believe me you need the money)
    9. Fixed Carthage unable to recruit spies and assassins
    10. Adjusted many cities starting levels to something I think is more accurate
    11. Tweaked faction relationship levels to produce more action(not sure if its worked yet as I havent had time to fully test it)

-Download-DBM 1.3.rar

Same as before just backup your original files( 1.3 alters the same files as 1.2)
    Its very stable guys(no ctds during testing) and as before its for the full campaign only, have fun!

Goth

***********************************************************************************************************
    Old version
    This is the old version (1.2) of Little mod for the full campaign , updated on 23rd July 2014
    Changes upto and including 1.2 are(note- all these changes are included in 1.3 except 2tpy)
    1. removed spqr from the game and placed rome as romani capital
    2. removed priests and merchants from the game
    3. switched to 2 turns per year
    4. game now uses normal calendar instead of the roman calendar(240 b.c start instead of 513 AUC)
    5. reduced cost of generals bodyguards to stop generals bankrupting the faction
    6. increased number of free upkeep units for cities
    7. Removed the waste script for the game
    8. Doubled the cost of units(except Bodyguards)
    9. Greatly increased cost of buildings and structures to reduce the blitzkrieg effect and make Empire building more realistic
    10. Adjusted Growth rates to better manage population growth
    11. Increased the size of starting garrisons for independent states to stop them being conquered too easily
    12. Reduced the effectiveness of archery and slingshot (but not javelins)
    13. Hand to hand combat has also been rebalanced to allow longer melee
    14. Greatly reduced culture(religion) conversion again to slow down empire growth and increase rebellion potential in
    under garrisoned cities.
    15. All elite units no longer qualify for free upkeep
    16. Further cost adjustments introduced to unit recruitment based on untrained, trained and elite troops
    17. Elite units now take longer to recruit
    18. Increased cost of watchtowers and forts
    19. Added a culture requirement for recruitment of majority of units in the game( its now no longer possible to conquer a territory and start recruiting your best units until you reach the required culture level)
    20. Further reduced population bonus for trade( this game produces so much trade that the pop bonus for trade keeps producing unrealistic population explosions( hopefully I have now cured this))
    21. Added a law bonus to roads to aid with empire building
    22. Increased cost of ships
    23. small bug fixes to recruitment (ie seleucid agyraspids being confused with chalkispides in recruitment levels)

1.2 Download -DBM.rar

****************************************************************************************************
    At first you may be shocked at the cost of buildings but as the game progresses you will see your economy grow if you plan it properly and you will soon see yourself creating professional armies. It should now be very hard to city build and fight a war at the same time so planning and money management become more important than ever.

Hopefully I now have a nice working balance to the game, it should now be harder to blitz the map and require planning and time to create an empire

Changed files are

1. In the data folder
    export_descr_buildings
    export_descr_unit
    descr_settlement_mechanics
    descr_cultures

2. In the data/world/maps/campaign/custom/worldwide_campaign_FULL folder
    descr_strat
    campaign_script
    descr_regions

So if you wanna play this sub mod backup those files first just so you dont get angry with me for ruining your install if you end up not liking the changes.
    Sorry but its not save game compatable

Hope you enjoy
    Goth

P.s If you want to use any of the changes I have made to DBM for your own submods feel free to take whatever you want. No permission is needed from me and no credit is needed. the makers of this superb mod are the guys who deserve the credit. Goth
    Last edited by Goth; October 15, 2014 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Update

Civis

Default Re: Little mod

yessss thanks youuu <333
    next this patch for 1.1 plsss (kiss) :*

Will do Villica, I should improve it for 1.1 too

oh thank you senate are so annoying
    questions
    is this save compatible?
    could i have some detailed instructions on where to extract each file just to be sure?
    any idea on when the Marian reforms take place and what actual game changes there are

Brewskii's Avatar Senator

Extract all the files to your DBM data folder and overwrite. The marian reforms take place at about turn 134 and as for the mod being save game compatible, mosty likely not since it alters the the campaign_script.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nothing, just wanted to see if you'd open it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewskii View Post
    Extract all the files to your DBM data folder and overwrite. The marian reforms take place at about turn 134 and as for the mod being save game compatible, mosty likely not since it alters the the campaign_script.
    thanks for the replie. Also is that turn 134 also applying to vanilla DBM without your mod

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

if i use this, will it disable the ability to convert allied greeks to latin culture?

I cant see why not as I haven't noticed any problems

i dont suppose youd mind if i partly include this in the next version of my submod and give credit to you?

Be my guest mate and no credit needed

ah, thank you very much c:

Just to let you guys know Im currently updating little mod, I am rebalancing the game with regards to population growth, wealth and combat and also some other little tweaks. Ive been working on it for about 2 weeks now and hope to have it finished soon.
    Goth

Updated the submod to 1.1
    changes listed are in the first post
    hope ya like it
    Goth

Updated the submod to version 1.2
    changes are listed in the first post
    Goth

Great work Goth! I think the game is much more playable with your sub mod added in.

Excellent work Goth, v. 1.1 worked flawlessly

However...

The latest version, v. 1.2 wont work for me, I copy over the files, start a medium script campaign and then nothing is changed; SQPR is still there, year 513 AUC is still the starting year, merchants and priests are still there etc.

Any idea if I'm doing something wrong?

Stupid me, the changes were only for the full campaign it seems...

Ignore what I said and have some rep!

Sorry about that buddy, when i edited the first post I accidentally deleted the part where I said its for the Full campaign only. I will fix it now.
    Glad you and justlaw are enjoying it. I may have to alter it again later as money may still be a bit too easy to come by but keep the comments coming.
    Cheers
    Goth

Hi Goth! I downloaded your mod and have Partially-Implemented-It (I kept merchants and priests and SPQR )

I wanted to thank because of your good balance of pop growth and all other stuff. Without it probably should have to spend weeks to test! EXELLENT WORK

Sorry for doubleposting. But I forget the most important thing!
    also @FieryMastermind

(Should I remind that backup copies are important in this?)
    To me seems that the descr_regions and the descr_strat are equal for all campaign, hotseat included (imperial-campaign-so-called). You can verify it.

the paths are
    DBM\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\FULL
    DBM\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\LIGHT
    DBM\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\MEDIUM
    DBM\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

So copy them and paste in the said campaign folders is easy;

A little more difficult for the campaign script but there the only thing is to cancel entirely the "ai denari king purse script" in the three campaign_script files in their respective folder

So all campaign are modified!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast