Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thera-my wish list and some thoughts

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Thera-my wish list and some thoughts

Thera is by far my favorite mod for M2TW. I also play TATW with the MOS I love the units I love the custom settlements, however I get bored easily with that mod. Lack of factions and with the diplomacy that allows all "good" factions be united and likewise with the "evil" . But when you eliminate a foe the allies AI get bored and so they have no choice but to fight each other. And you go into the game either as good or bad, and you already know who your allies are or should be. Not with Thera you can play the same faction and each time have different allies and enemies.

i do wish however that thera implemented custom settlements that don't change their appearance even after upgrading on its capital cities or key settlements.

i wish some the Uruks units from TATW could be implement Warg riders, archers, crossbow and pole and beserker units. More variety in Uruk units. (May require to delete lesser merc units to make room)

I wish each faction have a hero general or leader with a special ability to start off with.

i wish it did implement one diplomacy feature from TATW MOS where if you go to war with someone all your allies declare of them too. It just sounds cool to have a coalitionor confederation of nation going to war together against a common enemy like the allies in WWII

i wish for game playing purposes the Muslims had princess

i wish factions have their own unique general's rally horn with different unique sound

do you have any thoughts or a wish list?
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; January 08, 2014 at 03:50 PM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Thera-my wish list and some thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    Thera is by far my favorite mod for M2TW. I also play TATW with the MOS I love the units I love the custom settlements, however I get bored easily with that mod. Lack of factions and with the diplomacy that allows all "good" factions be united and likewise with the "evil" . But when you eliminate a foe the allies AI get bored and so they have no choice but to fight each other. And you go into the game either as good or bad, and you already know who your allies are or should be. Not with Thera you can play the same faction and each time have different allies and enemies.

i do wish however that thera implemented custom settlements that don't change their appearance even after upgrading on its capital cities or key settlements.

This would be a nice feature, but I honestly don't mind not having the settlements and I don't see this happening anytime soon.

i wish some the Uruks units from TATW could be implement Warg riders, archers, crossbow and pole and beserker units. More variety in Uruk units. (May require to delete lesser merc units to make room)

Honestly, I believe that the faction is fine as it is now. I really don't want to see the Uruk Dominion become a copy of Isengard (which people constantly reference). Yes, they both have Uruks, but the similarities end there. Way back, when I was doing my Crossover Battles, I made the Uruk Dominion and Isengard two, seperate entities because they really felt different to me.

I feel that just adding these mythical beasts to the Dominion would just over-saturate the faction to the point of being little more than an amalgamation of these odd creatures, not the oppressed and rebellious faction that they are now.

I wish each faction have a hero general or leader with a special ability to start off with.

This would be a nice feature to see, but not something that I think is necessary. Hero units are fun to play with, though

i wish it did implement one diplomacy feature from TATW MOS where if you go to war with someone all your allies declare of them too. It just sounds cool to have a coalitionor confederation of nation going to war together against a common enemy like the allies in WWII

Allies actually assisting you in a war is a feature that I believe all M2TW mods should have. I love the fact that you can pretty much choose whomever you want as an ally, but I'd also really like to see allies enter your side in the case of war (I'd love to see this from enemy factions, too).

i wish factions have their own unique general's rally horn with different unique sound

I think that this would be a nice aesthetic change

do you have any thoughts or a wish list?

Yes I hate how I have "beg" my allies to help me and I offer tons of money to attack my enemy and still say no. That's is so frustrating because I always help them. And yes the AI enemy having its allies war with you. Can you imagine a Thera world war 8 ally nations vs 6 bigger Axis nations, co-op battles between you and your allies. That would be awesome

I'd pretty much agree with everything that the Holy Pilgrim says here. I'd say Thera is pretty much complete to be honest, just a couple of minor tweaks here and there. Custom settlements would be great, but it would be a huge amount of work to add them in, even if it was just 'generic' ones for each culture or something.

Im trying to figure out what files to edit to have my allies declare war on my enemies but also have my enemies allies declare war on us

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

I think Thera is easily the greatest mod available for Total War, it is so well done, so well thought out, TFON clearly made this game to enjoy himself, and the fella has good taste as many can agree Thera offers something that other mods just don't seem to bring to the table.
    To say what additional features/changes would make Thera good at this point just comes down to personal preference as to what each individual would like to see. And i can totally agree with just about every statement made in this thread. We can only hope someday permission will be granted for others to make sub-mods for Thera and add what they think could improve the game. I would personally love to see what other modders would come up with for this amazing mod. I always thought it would be fun to see Thera factions fighting it out on the Vanilla Med2 TW campaign map.

Also i always thought a sub-mod focusing on a specific continent could be fun. Perhaps the lands in the south where the Dominion, Romuli and Lao che are. A zoomed in campaign map and some new minor factions could be interesting. For example, The city of Sparta and the Spartan units could be the base for a faction similar to the Romuli, you could make Reptari or Ly kan factions representing the rebel armies and cities that are in the normal Thera map. It would be like one of the kingdoms expansions, just for Thera instead

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    I think Thera is easily the greatest mod available for Total War, it is so well done, so well thought out, TFON clearly made this game to enjoy himself, and the fella has good taste as many can agree Thera offers something that other mods just don't seem to bring to the table.
    To say what additional features/changes would make Thera good at this point just comes down to personal preference as to what each individual would like to see. And i can totally agree with just about every statement made in this thread. We can only hope someday permission will be granted for others to make sub-mods for Thera and add what they think could improve the game. I would personally love to see what other modders would come up with for this amazing mod. I always thought it would be fun to see Thera factions fighting it out on the Vanilla Med2 TW campaign map.

Also i always thought a sub-mod focusing on a specific continent could be fun. Perhaps the lands in the south where the Dominion, Romuli and Lao che are. A zoomed in campaign map and some new minor factions could be interesting. For example, The city of Sparta and the Spartan units could be the base for a faction similar to the Romuli, you could make Reptari or Ly kan factions representing the rebel armies and cities that are in the normal Thera map. It would be like one of the kingdoms expansions, just for Thera instead

This is a concept that I'd love to be fleshed out, but in the same way that TFON made the world of Thera.

There would be some concrete lore, some basic fundamentals, and some undeniable facts about the regions, but where the fun comes in are the numbers of specifics that players can develop on their own. I love how TFON made Thera adaptable to how the player wishes to view the world, and yet, still have its own, distinct flavoring.

Totally agree THP it's own unique flavor

That would be insanely awesome!
    So many minor nations and peoples in Thera could be their own little factions.
    Sumari peoples of the Steppe, Hesperos city-states, Lykan and Reptarii hordes, those giants in Norselund.

Lots of potemtial for submods.

Each continent could be its own sub-mod some of the smaller ones can be grouped with others and islands

Oh I love all of these ideas! Too bad Thera is in a state of "purgatory" at the moment.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

You know what else I wish maybe some Amazonian/female type units Mercs. archers, javelin, swordwoman and
    Spear woman units. And posible a Calvary unit. What region will be best for them?

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

You know what else I wish maybe some Amazonian/female type units Mercs. archers, javelin, swordwoman and
    Spear woman units. And posible a Calvary unit. What region will be best for them?
    That would be great actually. You know it never crossed my mind until you mentioned it, but now Valhalla seems incomplete without a Valkyrie unit . I don't think female units would fit many factions in Thera but it certainly would be enjoyable to see the few units of women soldiers that would work in Thera. Some Amazonian mercs or even a full fledged Amazon Faction would also be interesting. They could fit quite well in the lands of the Paynal if you were to merge the Kukulkan and Paynal factions to make room for them, of course some minor units would need to be removed in order to fit anymore units in, but it would certainly be fun.

Bestiario could be removed... I dont find a good use for them, pretty useless as unit. Im wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Schebbone View Post
    Bestiario could be removed... I dont find a good use for them, pretty useless as unit. Im wrong?
    Are they the green winged guys?

Are they the green winged guys?
    No, they are in the romuli mercenary pool, if u see they are the cheapest but they really are useless.

No, they are in the romuli mercenary pool, if u see they are the cheapest but they really are useless.
    I would can them and other really weak merc units for 4-5 mid to high tier amazon units. How much will your Pride hurt goin up against girls and having them beat you senseless?

They're cheap cannon fodder, and they add to the Romuli lore. Why remove them? And yes, some sort of woman soldier for one of the viking factions sounds really cool.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

I really like the ideas that people are saying about adding factions. What I think would be interesting would be a "late era" mod like the Stainless Steel where the nations have recovered from the Great Torment. Maybe less rebel regions and more factions like a Hesperos City-State coalition. Thera still has a lot of potential to expand.

A lot of positives here. This mod can open a whole new world thera submods that can bring us hours of new challenges and entertainment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast