Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Creative assembly - Alien Isolation

Default Creative assembly - Alien Isolation

Last edited by DeliCiousTZM; January 07, 2014 at 02:04 PM.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Creative assembly - Alien Isolation

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

I knew that all ready I think?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife View Post
    dude that it is an old link and it doesn't show the gameplay, how is that a better link? In any case added it to the OP.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Moved to Other Games.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

God dammit, man. I literally just read about this and was about to post a thread.

Anyway, I'm VERY excited about this. On the one hand, I'm worried that CA will bollocks it up like Rome 2 but on the other hand, it can't get any worse than Colonial Marines.

Durnaug's Avatar Campidoctor

I'll only consider purchase if they release a demo for evaluation. Or setup some sort of open beta test approach.

Blackwolf's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    God dammit, man. I literally just read about this and was about to post a thread.

Anyway, I'm VERY excited about this. On the one hand, I'm worried that CA will bollocks it up like Rome 2 but on the other hand, it can't get any worse than Colonial Marines.

Just try not to get too hyped up about it just incase. Same goes for any other game, the more hyped up you are for a game, the more disappointed you may be about it.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Creative Assembly developing an Alien-franchise game? I can see that end well.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

"The Trailer Footage Shown Uses The In-Game Engine, And Represents A Work In Progress"

I'm noticing a disturbing trend with CA saying that in videos and the end result being worse than the trailer....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaDlihIqPws

Comes Domesticorum

Not interested, since it's not a Total War game and since it's an Alien universe game. It would be cool if we got some sort of Total War in space.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

I usually don't pre-order games. But when I do, ...

It wont be this game.

I don't trust CA and SEGA, after what happened with RTW2 and Colonial Marines.

Default CA's Alien: Isolation...good for Total War?

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this here, but fingers crossed...

I know a lot of you have lost faith in The Creative Assembly after the release of Total War Rome II, whether it was because of the bugs, the AI or the game design itself. I also know that a lot of the previous threads on this page about CA/Sega's marketing team...but dammit after seeing this new footage from CA's Alien: Isolation I can't help but have high hopes for the potential future of Total War.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-1979-original

If they can pull this off it might actually mean CA has listened to the Alien fan-feedback in regards to the direction the franchise had been taken in the last few games/films...and if they listen to feedback, it might actually mean that the next Total War might return to the 'style' you were all pining for. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, but in a strange, round-a-bout way footage from a completely different game, covering an entirely different universe, designed by a separate team has given me an inkling of hope for the future of Rome II. I know I'm a little crazy, but there's a degree of sanity in what I'm saying...right?...RIGHT?!

Default Re: CA's Alien: Isolation...good for Total War?

Read again what you writed ... it's like sayng "im terminal, im going to die, but maybe god can save me whit a miracle that science cannot explain".

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

It might end up being a good game, but that won't mean anything for Rome II, it's quite possible that the team that is making Alien is not the one that has made Rome II, nor the one that is patching it.
    Rome II looked awesome before release too.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I just hope they remains in the lost space for ever and sell the TW franchise to a serious company.

Quote Originally Posted by SamueleD View Post
    It might end up being a good game, but that won't mean anything for Rome II, it's quite possible that the team that is making Alien is not the one that has made Rome II, nor the one that is patching it.
    Rome II looked awesome before release too.
    It almost definitely isn't the team. Alien is done by CA's console team. It's more a question of whether the fact CA the studio has looked at previous complaints about games in a franchise and appealed to fan feedback, despite it possibly costing sales potential (I'd imagine that despite it's poor reception, another shooter ala Colonial Marines would pull in more money than a survival horror game). All I'm really saying with this is the Total War TWC seemed to love might not be dead and buried. We wont know until the next release obviously, but as somebody who would like to see another game in the series, this does give me so hope.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

You would think after Rome II we'd all be done with promo videos and PR from CA.

Apples and oranges. Two completely different games. Completely different types of game, even. A man may be a terrible cook, but that doesn't mean that he can't be an accomplished musician.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    You would think after Rome II we'd all be done with promo videos and PR from CA.
    You'd think so, but here I am; Strormrise hat on shouting from the rooftops about Viking: Battle for Asgard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissaki View Post
    Apples and oranges. Two completely different games. Completely different types of game, even. A man may be a terrible cook, but that doesn't mean that he can't be an accomplished musician.
    Completely different teams as well...but they are the same studio. And if they are the same studio it wouldn't be too much of a stretch that studio management sees the success of listening to popular feedback in one game and encourages it for another. Like I said, I'm not saying Total War is saved (or even Alien: Isolation will be good), what I am saying is there is potential Total War will change it's direction.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast