Thread: How to increase range for missle units?

Default How to increase range for missle units?

Is there any way i can increase the range for missle units.Coz currently the maximum range for archer is 130 and onager is just 203.Can i raise it bit further?What are the files involved that i need to modify?And,when enabling the shield wall formation,there's no icon shown in the battle scene unlike testudo and rally.What must i do to have the shield wall icon appear in the battle scene?

Default Re: How to increase range for missle units?

Quote Originally Posted by Betta
    Is there any way i can increase the range for missle units.Coz currently the maximum range for archer is 130 and onager is just 203.Can i raise it bit further?What are the files involved that i need to modify?And,when enabling the shield wall formation,there's no icon shown in the battle scene unlike testudo and rally.What must i do to have the shield wall icon appear in the battle scene?
    AFAIK the changes involve the EDU (export_descr_unit in Rome - Total War/data). Check the file. Or you can use a unit editor. Like this one(didn`t try it hough):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14939
    See post #183 about the shield wall:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...&page=10&pp=20

Already did everything with the EDU.But when the game loads up,it's just says,maximum range for archer 130 and onager 203.Was thinking of pushing archers to ,say at least 150, and onager 300 but couldn't do it.Funny thing though,the vanilla can do that range.Anyway,thanks flor,coz you got me into doing simple modding as i already add archers,onager and set principes to have shield wall(kinda feel like having principes forming shield wall before marian reform and ultimately evolving into legionary that forms testudo although this might be fictitious).

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

There is still an onager model lurking around? I thought it was replaced by rtr units already...

The file you guys are looking for is descr_projectile.txt, the parts that effect the range are:
    min_angle
    max_angle
    velocity

The optimum angle for range is 45, though it will unlikely fire over the heads of your troops too well. Naturally, the higher the velocity the further it will go.
    I'm not sure of the hardcoded limits and you will have to test them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Burn
    There is still an onager model lurking around? I thought it was replaced by rtr units already...
    You need to add them like how florin80 and walrus said.look at topic posted below.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63143