Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News Feed on the Mod

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Default News Feed on the Mod

Hiya

I guess I'd better populate the forums a little more, to show what you're waiting for, and that we are doing to get the mod out, and what we're doing to make it special.

We've been doing a fair bit However, we've run into problems with the buildings and traits/ancills systems in the last months...that's been a sticking point, as it's so restrictive to mould something unusual around an existing method. The mod isn't normal; it's high fantasy, a bit of horror and a little science-fantasy too. We've cracked some animation things, we've cracked battlefield magic hugely, have an idea on strat map magic (if the work justifies the end at the moment, or whether it's a 'later' thing; this would be of smaller use in the minimod, so it may be left out of that), and we've created unique stuff, but the edb and traits have been a pig.

SO, we've cracked those, to a larger degree. Basically, Aradan has helped give a perspective that we didn;t have, and Makanyane has taken it and done mod-based stuff. We scrapped the existing systems, basically. We're buildings the traits atm and they look really promising...more's been done in the last day or two, and there's a freedom in it....quite liberating! SO, you will get people, not drunk sexual deviants and forced random caricatures of people for generals etc. If we carry this through, it will be very very cool indeed. This allows us to make people based on factions and races, with a binding system that will justify them as being Ildiri, Khezdruli, Empire and Federation, so they are accurate, logical and just different from each other. No elf drunks, no naugiri philosophers...Dread and CHivalry will be used and used well, to a different, subtle effect. :cheers:

Buildings will be sorted too. The Rhysthari will not have fields of crops, as they live under the water. There's plenty of room....if we get these right now, the bigger mod will fall into place. No sports halls for Ildiri...Solace for Bandit Kings will be Solace in it's glory. You'll plunder and use the old Khezdruli Holts, with the Infected trapped within, with the possible treasures as reward; danger and risk for possibly major help with the war, possibly slightly crippling short term.. The SPiral Edifice, with it's plant crops will be there for the Bandit kings...it'll live and breathe the lore and life of the mod, and it'll make us move fast and we'll love the freedom rather than struggle to fit into existing limits.

We won't make it heavily scripted. There are scripts, but the possible nightmares major scripts bring won't be there except when really important story-wise and important to the different sides it has to have. Mank's to congratulate for that side.

So, we'll try to keep you in the loop now more! Patience has been large from people too, and will be rewarded heavily, we hope. Thanks!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: News Feed on the Mod

I see many choices that i really like. That makes me even more impatient

Domesticus

Hello!

When will more or less a first version of the mod with the campaign?

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

Looking forward to when you guys finish.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Aye, can not wait to play this mod. Seriously, i am looking forward to the release of this mod more so than any game announced in these past five or so years.
    Best wishes to the Dev team, you are all currently some of my favorite people

Thanks for all the support guys! I'd love to say that it'll be released really soon or something, but to be honest a fully playable campaign is probably some way off. But rest assured that people are still definitely working hard on it so ideally it shouldn't be a ridiculously long wait, but I wouldn't really want to put a possible time frame out here because I don't really have a clue. I leave all that stuff up to the smarter team members who all do slightly more than me.

We're really getting somewhere now. Not that it means you should get excited for a release, but the resources seem cracked and every province has them down. Generals/characters have the basis of their construction down. Portraits are being fiddled with (we have a plan, as this was one of my nightmares);provinces/areas have notes, which will be turned into buildings so Lore remains accessible ingame as well as here, should you feel like reading it. Buildings were the biggest pig, and we've got a real start. Lots of good things are popping into shape, and the list of 'oh god' things is smaller.

Certain things are done...much of the 'look' of it and all that are easy to finish really. Then it's starting forces, and the ability to recruit properly, as well as fixing points costs for custom battles. The edu we have a tool for to make it easier, so it's coming along and not quite the nightmare it was.

Sol_Man's Avatar Laetus

Well that sounds lovely. I am looking forward to whatever you produce. I am sure it will be great!

Good It's really down to Makanyane that this is happening, and she's excited I think...well, she's doing it and there seem to be smiles and possibly little squeaks from her...it is looking rather good.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Im looking forward to it

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Good news indeed

Just to say that the mod is making massive progress!

Text files are being worked on/finished far quicker than ever before and we have a working campaign even if it needs large amounts of work still (which it does )

Makanyane is doing good stuff, too and Holy Pilgrim has jumped in for some of the annoying work. Still a fair bit of basic stuff to do (text and 2d), but so good to see and be a part of...a smaller mod first was a great idea from Aradan. East Empire and the Ildiri are the most complete of all of them atm.

How is it going?

A few of us are on holiday/having a rest atm, we should pick up again about October time.

But there has been much going on since Squeaks post in March.

Will wai for this

So excited for this mod. 's gonna be sexy

Willowran's Avatar Domesticus

So very pretty. Squeaks is brilliant at the animating shiznoz.

Well since its been a month I just want to say I've been looking forward to this mod since 2011 and to keep up the good work everyone.

Hows development going? Any chance of a full release in the near future?

Dead?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast