Thread: Viking vs Viking battles

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Default Viking vs Viking battles

So I want to do some viking vs viking battles but denmark was the only faction with vikings so I added the slave faction to custom battles. I noticed they dont have any viking warriors on their list. I lloked at the decr_unit and viking warriors are a slave unit. Then I thought that there were too many slave units and I started deleting some high era units. That screwed up ChivTW. How can I add viking warriors to slave faction? Or how can I have viking vs viking battles?
    Blut und Boden

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Viking vs Viking battles

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius
    So I want to do some viking vs viking battles but denmark was the only faction with vikings so I added the slave faction to custom battles. I noticed they dont have any viking warriors on their list. I lloked at the decr_unit and viking warriors are a slave unit. Then I thought that there were too many slave units and I started deleting some high era units. That screwed up ChivTW. How can I add viking warriors to slave faction? Or how can I have viking vs viking battles?
    Simply add viking units [there are four*: 3 inf (warriors, huscarls, hirdmen) and one cav (raiders)] to another faction as ie. England or HRE or Novgorod. *although you can add norman axemen as well.

You have to edit: descr_model_battle, export_descr_units as base (England = britons and HRE = germans, just add these faction names to the factions you want, in dmb you must copy the texture and sprites lines to create a new line with the desired faction, in front of the lines edited then). This it is for custom battles. If you want them in campaigns you must edit also export_descr_buildings with copying the appropriate lines and/or faction name additions.
    Then they are still lack of any ui's (ui folder, folders units and unit_info, add there viking ui's to the britons and germans folders, viking ui's are in slave, merc/s and scythia folders ... oh, i forgot, 0.44 doesn't contain unit info cards, however but the unit icons are available).

Hope this helps to bring you more viking stuff in a timeframe, as the viking era was gone to an end :wink:
    Although, with the next release build, some nearby scandinavia factions will have the ability to recruit viking mercenaries.

However, you won't get any support for such a minimod, as it is a custom mod (not supported).
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 02, 2006 at 04:56 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Thanks for the help. I hust wanted to know how to use them in custom battles only. So thank you.
    Blut und Boden

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by iberolt
    What shall this post mean? Please avoid such things, otherwise they will be deleted instantly and without any warn.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.