Thread: Bug report: ba-shu and health agencies

Default Bug report: ba-shu and health agencies

For some reason, the health agencies don't give health bonuses for the ba-shu, except the herbalist store. I've tried building hospitals over the herbalist store and the 5% bonus is shown being lost. These agencies worked fine for the other factions I've played such as Sun.

I don't know if it's just me experiencing this or everyone else as well (I tried searching for it but nothing came up).

Default Re: Bug report: ba-shu and health agencies

If no one else sorts you out by the time I get home, I will check on the building script and see if the Ba Shu hospitals have the proper bonuses listed. Good luck!

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

Update on this. I reviewed the descr_strat and the building effects and you are right. Certain factions do not gain any benefit from the Health Agencies (such as Ba Shu - AKA 'normans').

I don't know if this is the case with other buildings, but I will provide a fix... I think they are updating the patch soon anyways... Look here for an uploaded txt file within the hour.

Edit: Adding file. All I did was change so that all factions benefit from the Health Agencies. I am not sure why the division was made, and I apologize if I did something that disturbed the designer's intent.
    Last edited by Tan Zhi Han; December 31, 2013 at 12:29 AM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Moved to Error Reports forum
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Sorry. Also, I was looking through the smiths in the text and am wondering why higher level smiths don't also upgrade weapons.

There are only 2 levels of weapon upgrades available, so only 2 smith buildings (in total) can upgrade weapons. Armor, on the other hand, can have a lot of different levels, however each unit can only have a maximum of 2 upgrades.

So why don't you make the heavy armorer upgrade weapons instead of the lower tier armorer?

If you look at it from a realistic and historical standpoint... Military innovation has always followed the trend of Attack, and then Defend. The sword came before the shield. We developed firepower before we developer kevlar. And so on and so on. So for the Smithies to develop weapon upgrades and then armor upgrades seems only natural to me.

(This is all supposing there is not a separate upgrade tree for weapons)

I understand that but, assuming only 2 smiths are capable of upgrading weapons (if I'm reading what seether said right), I thought it would make more sense have the two highest levels upgrade them, so you don't lose the ability to upgrade weapons when you improve the smith.

Quote Originally Posted by The Computer Illiterate View Post
    I understand that but, assuming only 2 smiths are capable of upgrading weapons (if I'm reading what seether said right), I thought it would make more sense have the two highest levels upgrade them, so you don't lose the ability to upgrade weapons when you improve the smith.
    The problem with that is it will take a very long time for units to get their weapon upgrade; they would have full defense before they can even pierce that defense. If you had it as you said above, you would have pretty much stalemate battles; units stabbing each other and taking in the stabs like they were immortal. And, as Tan Zhi Han said, what you proposed is going to be going off the historical accuracy we're aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Computer Illiterate View Post
    I'm not sure what the EDB looks like with your current version of the mod (since mine is highly edited for the upcoming patch), however the smith buildings should properly upgrade weapons after the buildings are improved.

They heavy armorer doesn't upgrade weapons for me. The smith before that one does though.