Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Text Repository for 1.3

Default Re: [Submod] DeI language fix for non-english players - Updated for v0.6j

ehm, i dont understand one thing, for use our converter, i have to divide on many .stv my localisation file? and if yes how i can do it?

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Submod] DeI language fix for non-english players - Updated for v0.6j

ehm, i dont understand one thing, for use our converter, i have to divide on many .stv my localisation file? and if yes how i can do it?
    No, you don't have to, but remember that the "vanilla tables" and the "mod tables" folders must contain English texts only and be with .tsv extension. The tool is created to check differences between releases of the DeI mod to help translators see what new entries they need to translate. For example I can put "DeI 05 localisation.tsv" file into vanilla folder and "DeI 06i localisation.tsv" into mod folder. After that the tool will compare these two versions and create file with entries that were added to the new version.

ah k, perfect now i understand, very usefall many thks

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Be aware, that not every entry is actually used in DeI. This mod brings lots of text into the game but not use them all (There're for example about 500 lines of text from "Playable factions mod" which are not used in DeI but somehow are part of it)

Quote Originally Posted by Rafkos View Post
    Be aware, that not every entry is actually used in DeI. This mod brings lots of text into the game but not use them all (There're for example about 500 lines of text from "Playable factions mod" which are not used in DeI but somehow are part of it)
    Yeah, I put in that text so if we changed minor factions that were playable, we wouldn't have to add any new text.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Stickied until we get a submod forum.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Fix] DeI translations and language fix for non-english players - [Updated for v0.6j]

Translation updated
    All texts translated for the Polish translation project. (Przetłumaczono wszystkie teksty na język polski.)
    Added Polish fonts to the Polish translation pack. (
    Dodano polskie czcionki do paczki lokalizacyjnej.)

Previews:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Rafkos; January 05, 2014 at 06:20 PM.

Default Re: [Fix] DeI translations and language fix for non-english players - [Updated for v0.6j]

Great job Rafkos . Respect for you and for KAM2150. I have was playing for one hour and was great. I have not saw any bugs with translations, now everything is clear, because I had sometimes problems with my english in game. I was playing on "steam" by english version and your submod was working correctly. Therefore now I am proud, that this very hard work has prepared by Polish people. All world have to wait for regional versions but I am sure that it is question of the short time.

Przepraszam, że piszę po angielsku ale nie ma za często okazji korzystać z języka [IMG]file:///C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
    Ponadto, niech inni wiedzą,że Twój sub mod (na razie wersja polska) działa jak trzeba
    Aha, moja propozycja z polskiego forum - piwko w centralnej Polsce oczywiście aktualne

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Przepraszam, że piszę po angielsku ale nie ma za często okazji korzystać z języka [IMG]file:///C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
    Ponadto, niech inni wiedzą,że Twój sub mod (na razie wersja polska) działa jak trzeba
    Aha, moja propozycja z polskiego forum - piwko w centralnej Polsce oczywiście aktualne
    Cieszę się, że wszystko działa jak należy. Zdaję sobie sprawę, że może pojawić się kilka błędów, więc zgłaszajcie je w miarę swoich możliwości, a ja postaram się je naprawić.

I'm still waiting for people who would be willing to provide other translations for their own language.

Hey friend,

im willing to work on a german translation but i really have no clue what to do

Since release of rome 2 i played it n english language cause i cant stand the german speakers the hired to localise the game. They are plainly awful.

So if you could spare some time and introduce me to what tools i need and how i edit/translate files im good to go

Edit:

So i checked the pack file manager and opened the DeI pack in my data folder. Foudn the text tables Do i need to edit them directly in there and save the file then ?
    Last edited by AlMustansir; January 06, 2014 at 10:48 AM.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

So if you could spare some time and introduce me to what tools i need and how i edit/translate files im good to go
    At first you have to download the newest version of my exported texts in English which you can find in "DeI mod entries in English" section in my first post.
    The second step is to export your own German localisation file from Rome 2 files. You can do it by using this tool http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-(-)-DBE-fixes, your localisation file should be in local_de_rome2.pack. Open it with PFM tool and export localisation.loc file as localisation.tsv.
    Then just translate the DeI 06j localisation.tsv file which you have downloaded before and after you're done put all content from this file on the top of your German localisation.tsv file, because it's very important to have both the mod's entries and the vanilla entries in a single .tsv file. After you pass all previous steps just send me your modified localisation.tsv file and I'll create a DeI_de_language.pack file and include it in this thread.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I'll be writing all changes between DeI versions here in the thread, so all translators will know what they need to translate next.

OK, 2 questions :

1. How do i edit the DeI tsv file ? With a simple texteditor maybe ? Just tried it and looks good

2. When im finished translating how do i put the DeI tsv "on top" the vanilla file

Ty so far
    Last edited by AlMustansir; January 06, 2014 at 11:06 AM.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

1. How do i edit the DeI tsv file ? With a simple texteditor maybe ? Just tried it and looks good
    Yes, you can do it even with the Microsoft Notepad Also with Excel but it may cause some problems.
    2. When im finished translating how do i put the DeI tsv "on top" the vanilla file
    It's very simple step, just open up your translated DeI 06j localisation.tsv file, select all texts then copy and paste into your localisation.tsv file you had to export before. But remember that you must paste it into the first line, so it would look like this:
    Localisation.tsv:
    ---DeI 06j localisation---
    ---original Localisation.tsv texts---

Can I insert you as the German version translator into the first post?

@edit
    Take a look on this post http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13535000 it may be very helpful

Feel free to do so, im already on it

Thanks for your help buddy, im trying to get things done by the end of the week

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Translation updated
    German language version available for download.

Have you got someone to translate it in french? If not i can help...

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Have you got someone to translate it in french? If not i can help...
    No I haven't. You can do it if you want, just send me a file when you're done

Ok. It can take some time, but i'm gonna begin this in few days.

I would like to help out with the german translation. After extracting the tsv file from the already existing german pack in post #1, I wanted to start with the factions. But I am not quite sure about how to do it. Options are: - use the german names - use the latin names - search for native faction names I know that everybody will have different preferences, but what corresponds most to the "spirit of the mod"? Thank you in advance!

You got PM