Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: [Important] Divide et Impera FAQ

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [Important] Divide et Impera FAQ

Never used them but Ive heard that they are pretty nice good dmg, range though a bit slower firing rate. I believe

Crossbowmen are complete monsters in the 1.05 version. They had insane range and only needed a few shots to completely wreck even heavy infantry. Maybe that's changed in the newer version but they were pretty good for any army.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

They have been nerfed

Hi guys, have a question about play as Sparta.
    I cannot trade with any factions cause i don't have a port in the capital? even if I conquer a city with port? thx..

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Due to how game works saddly you can only trade if you conquer Athens as your capital needs a land route to port. So even if you conquers all Islands in the game, but Athens haven;t conquered Athens, then you still can't trade
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by samcoolrunner View Post
    Hi guys, have a question about play as Sparta.
    I cannot trade with any factions cause i don't have a port in the capital? even if I conquer a city with port? thx..
    That has always been the case with Sparta since release of the game. It's got nothing to do with DEI. You need to conquer Athens.

thank you guys

A question on editing reforms:

I followed your instructions here and changed the reforms to match approximately historical time dates for a 4tpy game.

So I open PFM, go to file->open_>_divide_et_impera_release_1.pack . Then I find
    _divide_et_impera_release_1.pack
    lua_scripts
    reforms.lua
    and I change the values like this for GLOBAL REFORMS PARAMTERS SECTION:

-- MAIN ROME CAMPAIGN
    _lib.requirements.main_rome.global = {
    roman = {168, 528, 968},
    carthaginian = {336},
    greek = {60, 548},
    celtic = {448},
    iberian = {476},
    german = {468},
    parthian = {528}
    };

and like this for PLAYER REFORMS PARAMTERS SECTION

-- MAIN ROME CAMPAIGN
    _lib.requirements.main_rome.player = {
    roman = {3, 168, 5, 528, 7, 968},
    carthaginian = {5, 336},
    greek = {3, 60, 5, 548},
    celtic = {4, 448},
    iberian = {4, 476},
    german = {4, 468},
    parthian = {5, 528}
    };

When I finish editing I save us _divide_et_impera_release_1.pack overwriting the original file.

But as soon as I reach turn 50 a message pops up stating that polybian reforms and velites are available for the romans (i'm playing athens). I haven't checked yet if the romans have recruited any polybian units, but is this normal?

The message pops up anyway in the turn number of standard DeI reforms even if you edit reforms?
    Or maybe i made a mistake in editing?
    Please help me edit this the right way.

I think the messages are independent so in theory you should be fine

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I started a campaign with Rome with the edited reforms that I posted. At turn 50 the message of polybian reforms appeared and now I can recruit both early and late hastati and principes, both leves and velites, and all early and late units...
    Of course I can restrain myself from recruiting them until the turn that I specified (168) but then again the AI won't do so. And then again at turn 168 I 'll probably will be able to recruit units from 3 different eras.
    So how can I fix this?

EDIT: OK here's is a weird thing: after exiting to desktop and then reloading the issue is fixed. Now (turn 50+) I can see only early roman units. But does this mean that as soon as a new reform is active for the AI I should exit and reload? i 'll test this, but it will stil bel nice if there is a more straightforward way to fix this reform edit.
    Last edited by Veltegez; November 05, 2015 at 12:35 PM.

OK the edit doesn't work after all.
    At turn 140 I am at war with Carthage and they have some late units in their armies (i 've set carthage reforms at turn 336).
    When I research the special purple military technology the late roman units are unlocked and the early ones become obsolete and cannot be recruited.
    So the message is not independent after all.

I did some searching, but my modding knowledge is very very limited, and found this:

lua_scripts->reforms.lua

-- AI/GLOBAL SECTION
    -- =======================================
    else

-- Global Reforms check
    if global_reforms_check then
    Log("BEGINNING GLOBAL REFORMS CHECK", false, true);

local reforms_list = global_reforms:list();
    for i = 1, reforms_list:num_items() do
    local curr_global_reform = reforms_list:item_at(i);
    local new_reform_num = curr_global_reform:is_ready_for_advance();
    if new_reform_num then
    curr_global_reform:advance(new_reform_num);
    end
    end

Log("ENDED GLOBAL REFORMS CHECK", false, true);

-- We checked global reforms once for this turn, that's enough
    global_reforms_check = false;
    end
    Maybe if I change this to "true" the changes will become active for a new campaign?

Please guys help me change the reform dates.

mods i use:
    4tpy build and tech cost (dei)
    vhab with barbarian spacing (dei)
    gbj blood real
    saturation and contrast mod
    movement range reduction (dei)

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

The message is connected to the reform being triggered. Take a look at the Divide et Impera Reform log in your Rome 2 main folder. As far as I can tell your edits should work. Have you edited the main mod or created a new pack.file ? I recommend creating a new file an loading it before DeI.

In the log file search for something like this. If the turn requirements remain the same, you have probably made a mistake.

===================================================================
    BEGINNING PLAYER FACTION ROM_PERGAMON TURN CHECK
    ===================================================================

>>> Checking for faction: rom_pergamon greek reform; imperium is at level 1 and it is turn n. 2
    - Imperium Check: 5 Turn Check: 120 Reform Num: 3
    - Imperium Check: 3 Turn Check: 50 Reform Num: 2
    No new Player Reform available at the moment

I edited just the main mod as it is stated in the instructions "[Manual] The DeI Scriptorium".

So, I 've just checked the DeI_Reforms_Log.txt and all turn requirements are unchanged unfortunately:

>>> Checking for faction: rom_rome roman reform; imperium is at level 3 and it is turn n. 146
    - Imperium Check: 7 Turn Check: 210 Reform Num: 4
    - Imperium Check: 5 Turn Check: 100 Reform Num: 3
    - Imperium Check: 3 Turn Check: 40 Reform Num: 2
    * A new Player Reform is available

* SETTINGS CHANGE: New Player Reform roman num: 2
    So what I did now is this:

open PFM
    file -> new
    file -> add from pack
    and add only this "_divide_et_imperia_release_1.pack -> lua_scripts -> reforms.lua"
    make the changes only in this new file and save it as something like @_reforms.pack
    replace the edited _divide_et_imperia_release_1.pack with the original one
    then load @_reforms.pack before main DeI files

Is this the right process in order to create and activate a new pack?

OK so I will restart a campaign with edited reform dates to a lower than vanilla DeI so as to test if they will kick in.

So after doing this I started a new campaign as Sparta and then checked the reform log. All date values for reforms are unchanged.
    Then again I started another one with Carthage and all irrelevant mods deactivated and once more the reform log shows the original dates.

What am I doing wrong?

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Veltegez View Post
    So after doing this I started a new campaign as Sparta and then checked the reform log. All date values for reforms are unchanged.
    Then again I started another one with Carthage and all irrelevant mods deactivated and once more the reform log shows the original dates.

What am I doing wrong?
    Hmm it works for me, try this one http://www.mediafire.com/download/2b...w_reforms.pack

It doesn't work for me.

I tried to change load order, tried changing ANSI and UTF of pack files, tried with and without other mods but nothing.

I started different campaigns and went through first 3-4 turns, then exited and checked the reform log. The reform logs is showing every time the vanilla DeI reform turns.

I tried playing with Parthia a couple of times now, going for a cultural victory. Since i started there have been 2 DeI updates, one major after the latest rome II patch, and one minor update. But still i cannot complete a cultural victory, simply because the game WILL NOT register me building an Astudan and a Temple of the Great Fire....Royal Mausoleum works fine and registers (you can also build it everywhere, not sure if THAT's supposed to happen).

Senator

A question I have been meaning to ask.

With the civic research there is a couple of techs that state that they raise Imperium, does that mean if if I have an Imperium of 3, researching that will raise my imperium to 5 and enable me to get the reforms without having to first conquer most of europe?

Quote Originally Posted by zonks40 View Post
    A question I have been meaning to ask.

With the civic research there is a couple of techs that state that they raise Imperium, does that mean if if I have an Imperium of 3, researching that will raise my imperium to 5 and enable me to get the reforms without having to first conquer most of europe?
    Not exactly. Something that adds +2 imperium, like that technology, really only adds 2 points towards the next imperium level - it doesn't give you two whole levels. I'm not sure if we have a list of the required imperium points to get to each level anywhere, but you can see it in PFM by looking at the fame_levels_tables.