Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feedback Thread

Default Re: Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alatar
    Awesome.

ROMANUS.INVICTUS, I tink the game is meant to be played for the campian not singleplayer battles.
    It's not just playing the campaign that i look for.If that was the reason then why would the CA people just make an option each for custom and historical battles.It's all about seeking for a game that really makes you feel very satisfied.
    Наиболее полное истребитель в мире

Yes, but in Troy the historical battles aren't released and the custom battles weren't working right. I belive I would be right if I said that Zhuge was commited to make a fun to play campian (you have achieved it anyway).

Has anyone else experienced a ctd when zooming in on Argos under settlement details? Could be installation errors on my part. Anyway, what an effort by Zhuge to be able to put this mod out by himself...hats off!

edit: sorry, i see this has already been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by HopliteGlory
    Has anyone else experienced a ctd when zooming in on Argos under settlement details? Could be installation errors on my part. Anyway, what an effort by Zhuge to be able to put this mod out by himself...hats off!

edit: sorry, i see this has already been addressed.
    I did not make the mod completely by myself as shown in he credits, although i am the only active member at the moment and have been for quite a while (except zenith, but he does the research not the implementation).

First let me congradulate you on an excellent mod that captures the theme of Troy in a superb way.
    The mod is a lot of fun especially with the hero units, however, I get the feeling that the archers are extremely overpowered and the hero's missle attack.
    The units stats need to be balanced a little bit but all in all an excellent mod.

edmont's Avatar Miles

Man could expect that archers would be a pain ... ,as always, but when you start to make familiar steps in order to deal with them interesting things can be observed.What I mean?Well in some battles those bloody missile ones destroy my cavalry in melee combat-not bad ?Then they even managed,also in melee,to kill my faction leader and that wasn't some extra tough combat-archers no they were described as light archers-toxotai(Gud save us from their elder brothers-heavy ones).So I checked their AV DV and found that their defence value is 30 something and 17 goes for skill like they are Bruce Lee. So when your hand-to-hand units come into close combat with enemy missile units they don't have expected advantage.
    Last edited by edmont; October 06, 2006 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edmont
    Man could expect that archers would be a pain ... ,as always, but when you start to make familiar steps in order to deal with them interesting things can be observed.What I mean?Well in some battles those bloody missile ones destroy my cavalry in melee combat-not bad ?Then they even managed,also in melee,to kill my faction leader and that wasn't some extra tough combat-archers no they were described as light archers-toxotai(Gud save us from their elder brothers-heavy ones).So I checked their AV DV and found that their defence value is 30 something and 17 goes for skill like they are Bruce Lee. So when your hand-to-hand come into close combat they don't have expected advantage.
    Archers were rebalanced slightly in the fix, i'm not chaning them anymore, they are accuarate this way. Cavalary were terrible (except fpr troy and to a lesser extent thessaly and thrace). Archers are expensive and so in general they can defeat all militia and levies. As for your general being killed, well i think you were just very unlucky (unless it was the lydian elite unit that killed him).

edmont's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang
    As for your general being killed, well i think you were just very unlucky (
    It've been 5 toxotai units aganst my 1.5 archers and two 33% procent depleted general units well they also had 1 javeliners unit may be it's too tight.But what fix you've mentioned above?
    Last edited by edmont; October 07, 2006 at 03:59 AM.

Fantastic mod. I think the AI is quite smart in Troy compared to Vanilla and other mods as they capture Islands use strategy such as forming alliences and teaming up. Just wondering if anyone else is finding the Ai smart compared to normal.

Myrmidons and Phthia are freaking awesome - I took on an army of 1000 athenians with two of there generals and My general Akhilleus alone wiped out the two family members generals in no time. Awesome simply awesome
    Dominius Latronius Dominarus: An Elder HighBorn: Latronii Dominaruses: Gens Latronia, Alea iacta est"

Gaius Marius Julius Caesar

Dorian's Avatar Libertus

After having completed my campaign, I want to thank again TTW-modding team for many hours of great pleasure! Not only they created the max out of my min expectations for such an undocumented timeframe of pre-history, but their superbly detailed map gave me the most dramatic developments. See below the course of my conquest as Achilles's clan:

The only unorthodox implementation I have witnessed was that Troy is overpowered in infantry, while Homer gives them kudos for their archers and cavalry. I managed to destroy them only by dragging them out of their cities and chopping them with my archer-charriots. Otherwise, my Myrmidons could not overcome their Apollonian dorytes - which is absurd! Also, AI playing as Troy never produced any cavalry or charriots against me - why?!

GreatOne's Avatar Ordinarius

What About adding more territories, because factions get destroyed pretty fast, I mean pylos gets at war with mycenae, and it gets trampled in the dust so friggin fast, or Argos seems like major power besieging Athens 500+ tmes ceasing siege only because athens is practically begging for mercy only to be killed by mycenae in couple of turns that take for a city to surrender......

Dorians are pretty passive people, I for one expected a horde of them while i played with phitia and thessaly, trhey just looked at me doing nothing, thracians on the other hand rampaged through the north conquering everything there including dorians.......

Just enlarge the map, add more cities and make dorians more agressive somehow(I know RTW AI...... but....) and the mod will be ultimate

There will be more territories and factions in our expansion - Aristeia Total War

I'm enjoying the mod but can you play as heroes such as Hector and Odysseus on custom battles and I seem to get a few errors on custom battles and campaign mode such as things missing. The other day for instance i went Ithaca and attacked a town an error messages came up saying parts of the town were missing. I then fought the battle the town had no visible walls and i saw th plan of the walls and had to use a battering ram to knock invisible gates down.
    The King over the water!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Watch 42 View Post
    I'm enjoying the mod but can you play as heroes such as Hector and Odysseus on custom battles and I seem to get a few errors on custom battles and campaign mode such as things missing. The other day for instance i went Ithaca and attacked a town an error messages came up saying parts of the town were missing. I then fought the battle the town had no visible walls and i saw th plan of the walls and had to use a battering ram to knock invisible gates down.
    Very strange. Were you using the mod folder edition?

I shall do a bit of unistall and downloading see if that helps.
    The King over the water!

i would really like this for 1.5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12