Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] - over, evil side wins

Default Re: War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] - Avaliable Factions ! ALL PLAYERS WELCOME!

Im happy to continue, but over 2 weeks and its not even close to my turn is too much.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default Re: War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] - Avaliable Factions ! ALL PLAYERS WELCOME!

PROPOSAL - Because this game is so slow, and is becoming one-sided, and is becoming contentious, I propose that we end the hotseat here and call the Evil Side the winner. Good Side really doesn't have much of a chance of turning this around. OoG and OotMM are holding in the north, and Mordor/Harad are obviously wrecking in the south. I don't see much point to continuing just to delay the inevitable. I too am tired of the slow pace. Best just to end it and focus on other games.

1. Let's get this clear, I would never cheat intentionally. I don't care about winning that much, only reason I play HS is because of the mid game of trying to outwit your opponent, that's the best part. Cheating is something I completely disagree with.
    2. I find the whole thing a bit suspicious because I am pretty sure it was 900 when I took my turn as I counted up the number of Dale soldiers.
    3. The whole thing has escalated to a ridiculous scale, there was never any problem in the first place maybe I should have been a bit clearer but I have been very busy. Let's just move on and resume the speed we used to have.

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    PROPOSAL - Because this game is so slow, and is becoming one-sided, and is becoming contentious, I propose that we end the hotseat here and call the Evil Side the winner. Good Side really doesn't have much of a chance of turning this around. OoG and OotMM are holding in the north, and Mordor/Harad are obviously wrecking in the south. I don't see much point to continuing just to delay the inevitable. I too am tired of the slow pace. Best just to end it and focus on other games.
    To be honest, I'd have to agree with Joerock. By the time we take out OoG and then work on OOTMM, Mordor will probably already have conquered Rohan. We could reset and start a smaller HS since those are quicker and do a SOTN type game?

Quote Originally Posted by PandaChef View Post
    1. Let's get this clear, I would never cheat intentionally. I don't care about winning that much, only reason I play HS is because of the mid game of trying to outwit your opponent, that's the best part. Cheating is something I completely disagree with.
    2. I find the whole thing a bit suspicious because I am pretty sure it was 900 when I took my turn as I counted up the number of Dale soldiers.
    3. The whole thing has escalated to a ridiculous scale, there was never any problem in the first place maybe I should have been a bit clearer but I have been very busy. Let's just move on and resume the speed we used to have.
    Nor would I cheat, its just a game. The only way I can see the rules ever being changed is if someone with mod powers changed them or back in early September when I tried to put the poster from the original war of the ring (couple years back) and for some reason photobucket was being a and I couldn't get the right size. That is all I have done to edit the op.
    Last edited by Gimli; October 07, 2014 at 10:37 AM.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    To be honest, I'd have to agree with Joerock. By the time we take out OoG and then work on OOTMM, Mordor will probably already have conquered Rohan. We could reset and start a smaller HS since those are quicker and do a SOTN type game?
    I like Gimli's idea. Even if FPoE and I defeat Isengard, Harad and Mordor will crush me. It's going to take a series of favourable events for the Good side to win this.

That's an understatement JWANT.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    That's an understatement JWANT.
    I am a foolish optimist, what can i say?

You never know, I could have really screwed up

If there is a new smaller hotseat starting up I would be interested in joining.

Well I guess that's It then. WOTR is over! Evil wins

Can I mod please close the thread

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Thread closed.
    TATW HS Community Award