Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] - over, evil side wins

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] - Avaliable Factions ! ALL PLAYERS WELCOME!

Regardless we need to see the spy screens. I was sure I put my spy in there ......

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] - Avaliable Factions ! ALL PLAYERS WELCOME!

That is irrelevant. A friendly spy in a settlement will not prevent the gates from opening, it will only make it harder for enemy spies to enter the settlement. (Chance to infiltrate significantly decreases)
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Agreed. Spy pics are not necessary. A good strategy is ruined by bad spy luck (79% chance to open gates of Duneard fails). That would have been a blow to Isengard's economy and military production, even if he had recaptured it. But alas, my spies seem to completely suck this game for no apparent reason.

Dwarves up:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by joerock22; September 27, 2014 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    Agreed. Spy pics are not necessary. A good strategy is ruined by bad spy luck (79% chance to open gates of Duneard fails). That would have been a blow to Isengard's economy and military production, even if he had recaptured it. But alas, my spies seem to completely suck this game for no apparent reason.

Dwarves up:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...it?usp=sharing
    I can not say that I hoped the gates opened for you, but I must say it was a very good idea to flank Isengard. It wouldn't matter much to Isengard if the gates opened though, Matto left me with an insolvent and military focussed faction Isengard's hope now lies in the hands of Mordor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

nvrmind..... Different rules
    Last edited by themzr; September 27, 2014 at 02:22 PM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    No, clearly the spy pics DO matter and I need to see them.....
    Dude, I'm on your team and I disagree with you. The fact that the gates opened is proof that he used spies, which he was definitely allowed to do because you didn't have 900 men inside the town. Seeing the spy pics would tell us nothing we don't already know (except Panda's chances of opening the gates, which are irrelevant).

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] Invite only [GAMING STAFF WELCOME]

OoG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

SE up.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dale

Any chance we can speed this up?

Sorry guys im out, the wait is way too long for turns.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well it's about time gimli notified me of my turn.....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Actually Panda Cheated......
    Basic Rules:

- You are allowed to reload your saves as many times you want to.
    - Turns must be played within 48 hours or you will be auto-subbed by an admin or one of your designated subbers. If you fail to do your turn more than three times, without notifying anyone, you will be removed from the hotseat.
    - Once you have finished your turn and uploaded the save, please PM and leave a Visitor message for the next person.
    - If you suspect one of the players have broken any rules or cheated, please contact an admin to check it out.
    - You may give a region to another faction upon its destruction, however, you may not take advantage of that faction`s treasury. You are not allowed to demand or receive any money from that faction.
    - Whether a spy may open the gates of a city depends on the size of the city garrison. If a city is defended by 720+Elves, or 700+ Men, and 1500 + Orcs then spies may NOT open the gates. If a city is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction.
    - You may not gift a region to another faction if the city is at risk of capture.
    He is clearly not allowed to open the gates..... I don't know why I didn't catch this sooner but I will contact the admin to request action.....

I believe that's a typo on my part. I believe the normal rule is 900+ men.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    I believe that's a typo on my part. I believe the normal rule is 900+ men.
    Regardless it is still the rule written on the hotseat we agreed to.....

Lmao, seriously? I am 100% sure it said 900 men when I played my turn, now I am getting accused of cheating. I then notice the OP has been changed on the 25th, 2 days after my turn ffs lol with Gimli giving the most suspicious reason 'Replacing Arrow's name with Joe's' when Arrow hasn't been playing for months... Coincidence or what?

Yes I have to support Panda here. The rule is created by Joerock and was never 700 men. Probably Gimli changed this indeed after what happened in AoM

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The OP was last edited September 25th...... 1 day BEFORE Panda uploaded the screenshot...... I don't see what the problem is. You have no evidence that Gimli changed the rules midway through the hotseat. In edition regardless of what the rule normally is this is what the rule is for THIS hotseat...

Citizen

I noticed that the other day and assumed it was a typo, but it could have been a recent change since I never noticed it before. It would make no sense to have it be 700 men (less than 6 full units) when elves and orcs are required to have 6 full units.

And Panda did post his save before the OP was last edited. JWANT posted the next turn on the 25th at 1:16 am, and the OP wasn't edited until 6:43 PM on the same day. So even if the rule was mysteriously changed, Panda played with the old rule (900 men) in effect.

On the 25th I believe I was removing Arrow2dankees name from the roster and replacing it with joerocks because joerock said he didn't want another player since the two factions are working so closely, ect. FYI, I don't update the op very much, but when i do I remove old names, ect. Wouldn't really matter since nobody is in interested In joining and it seems we lost Ranger. Even if I did change it, 700 men wouldn't even make sense. That's less than what the elves get. Can we just agree its a typo; I don't see the logic in thinking I changed the rules AFTER the battle, because it wouldn't help me seeing as Dale has very few troops left in the north so basically Rhun could still use spies
    Last edited by Gimli; October 06, 2014 at 04:59 PM.