Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] - over, evil side wins

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] - Available factions! HS experience prefered but new players welcome!

Harad usually doesn't mobilize against Gondor till turn 10. Joerocks hotseat is a different story completely. I have no idea what the previous player was doing with Mordor and no wonder he rage quit. He decided to divide his forces, and defend the river with a force made of mostly archers and orc band where his better army is went to attack Cair Andros (Waste of time really). He basically made it 50x easier for Gondor to take advantage of his division of troops and break through.

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

Default Re: War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] - Available factions! HS experience prefered but new players welcome!

I have another stack.. but it would have been nonsense to waste it there.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    Harad usually doesn't mobilize against Gondor till turn 10. Joerocks hotseat is a different story completely. I have no idea what the previous player was doing with Mordor and no wonder he rage quit. He decided to divide his forces, and defend the river with a force made of mostly archers and orc band where his better army is went to attack Cair Andros (Waste of time really). He basically made it 50x easier for Gondor to take advantage of his division of troops and break through.
    Hmm, I don't think this is fair to the other player Gimli. You took over Mordor - and played - turn 6, and the 7th turn was for Gondor the start of the siege on Osgiliath. Jemdkyl didn't devide anything, it was you.
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Not at all my friend. Jemdkyl split his stack of troops ; half to Osgiliath and the other to Cair Andros, that is how it was when I played my first turn as Mordor. I have only played two turns as them so far.

And no Knicolas, if you had another stack at Minas Tirith, odds would've been more in your favor of defeating Mordor then and there. Now you must hope that you can raise more forces quickly and hope AR doesn't hate you.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    Not at all my friend. Jemdkyl split his stack of troops ; half to Osgiliath and the other to Cair Andros, that is how it was when I played my first turn as Mordor. I have only played two turns as them so far.

And no Knicolas, if you had another stack at Minas Tirith, odds would've been more in your favor of defeating Mordor then and there. Now you must hope that you can raise more forces quickly and hope AR doesn't hate you.
    That you played 2 turns so far, is correct. Mordor played 8 turns and Joe subbed you once. Hence, you started at turn 6 ^^
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13827537

Knicolas did have like 3/4 stack within range, but the combined armies of Mordor, 6000 + with 2 great commanders, are just too powerful for plain militias with mediocre commanders. (Denethor wasn't that good). Gondor lost its elite troops and Boromir at Osgiliath, and even though small in numbers, that was a big defeat for Gondor. Whatever you try as Gondor, you got to save those elites!
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Celeborn defeated and he cannot move next turn. Harad up

Desktop.rar
    WotR_Harad_7.rar

Who should I notify as Knight is no longer with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain Khuzaymah View Post
    That you played 2 turns so far, is correct. Mordor played 8 turns and Joe subbed you once. Hence, you started at turn 6 ^^
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13827537

Knicolas did have like 3/4 stack within range, but the combined armies of Mordor, 6000 + with 2 great commanders, are just too powerful for plain militias with mediocre commanders. (Denethor wasn't that good). Gondor lost its elite troops and Boromir at Osgiliath, and even though small in numbers, that was a big defeat for Gondor. Whatever you try as Gondor, you got to save those elites!
    Good we have established that I played Mordor from turn 6.

Moving on. I didn't realise that Knicolas had lost Boromir + the elite units already. Perhaps next time Knicolas, try being more dominate from the get-go and dominate Mordor before he can gather his full strength instead of defend Minas Tirith (What chieftan is currently doing in Joerocks)
    Last edited by Gimli; July 06, 2014 at 04:53 PM.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

OoG!

Little late on taking Kugavod huh Rhun?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Silvan Elves up!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Messaging Joerock as I need a sub for the next week.

Have two exams on Monday. So will take a while if there is nobody to sub me.

IŽll quit this hotseat on the 5th august, because subbing seems not possible.
    http://www.filedropper.com/wotr-dale-8

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by knicolas2 View Post
    IŽll quit this hotseat on the 5th august, because subbing seems not possible.
    What? Come on, dude, don't quit. We've lost enough people already. Nobody complained about waiting for you.

IŽll be away from 5.-20 august. After that i can continue playing ..

Citizen

Oh, crap. Totally forgot that I was supposed to sub Gimli. I'll do it tonight. Since it's been so long, I'd like to give him a little more time. I would prefer not to sub, but if he hasn't appeared or responded to my PM by tomorrow night, I'll sub.
    Last edited by joerock22; July 17, 2014 at 07:11 PM.

Default Re: War of the Ring [TATW 3.2] Invite only [GAMING STAFF WELCOME]

And of course I have not been subbed....sorry guys...
    Last edited by Gimli; July 21, 2014 at 12:58 PM.

Citizen

Yeah, sorry. I don't like subbing people when I know waiting for the person will only cause a few days delay. I didn't have much time to play this weekend.