Thread: Start up crash | Third Age Total War 3.2 + MOS 1.61|

Default Start up crash | Third Age Total War 3.2 + MOS 1.61|

I've had a ton of crashes so far, I couldn't even load into Custom Battles, but now it has gone from bad to worse...
    When I start the game, I get a black screen, which is ok, that's standard, before the loading screen. But, in this case the screen just goes black for a couple of seconds or so, and then it's gone, back to desktop. Any known solutions?

Sorry if there's a solution somewhere in this forum which I haven't seen.

Default Re: Start up crash | Third Age Total War 3.2 + MOS 1.61|

There is a new MOS version out, so download it and give another try.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Sorry but he said TATW 3.2 + Mos 1.6.1 isnt it supposed to be TATW 3.2+MOS 1.50+MOS 1.6 UPGRADE+MOS 1.6.1????

Well, it is supposed to be TATW 3.0 Part 1 and Part 2 + TATW 3.1 + TATW 3.2 + MOS 1.5 Full Installer + MOS 1.6 + MOS 1.6.1..

My first thoughts usually are that the user has read the installation instructions before making a thread about his issue.
    Some mods have a complicated installation, and some have so easy instructions that it's strange that people didn't get it right.

It all depends on the user and his experience with computers, and believe me, we had all kinds of users here..

What is Desktop, what is Start, what is Recycle Bin, what is "Run the Installer" etc.. My head sometimes hurts when helping/ teaching users.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

OMG really what is recycle bin !!!! Though i still believe that mos 1.6.2 instalattion procedure is more complicated than mos 1.6.1 he should try the new version!!

Hi, I'd like to bump this if possible. I'm a steam installer.

I've tried about 20 different ways to install TATW & MOS and it keeps crashing on startup like OP.

I've tried the following route. TATW works fine in all occassions of the below (TATW 3.0 (part 1 & 2) and TATW 3.2) For reference, I have MOS 1.5, MOS 1.6 and MOS 1.6.1 installers and game ONLY crashes when I install MOS.

M2TW & TATW on HDD D: drive. Using "Teutonic" Folder route (ie. renaming a Mod folder so can launch via Steam)

1) Install MOS 1.5, 1.6 and 1.6.1 in Third_Age Mod folder one at a time, running cleaner.bat in between installs. Crash before startup
    2) Install MOS 1.5, 1.6 and 1.6.1 in separate folder, then copying and pasting all files into Third_Age and overwriting. Crash on startup
    3) Install MOS 1.5 and run cleaner.bat then launch. Crash on Startup. Same with 1.6
    4) Install MOS 1.5 in separate folder and copy across to Third Age and run cleaner.bat. Rinse & repeat with 1.6 and 1.6.1. crash on startup

M2TW & TATW on SSD C: drive using Kingdoms Launcher App

Same approach as above for D:. All 4 routes failed. Launcher app loads TATW vanilla, but as soon as I install any MOS mod, it crashes.

Is anyone else having a similiar issue and have a fix? I've racked up 50 hours on TATW vanilla, but MOS sounds 100x better and playing vanilla almost seems boring now.

murvaidavid's Avatar Libertus

I have the very same issue. Has anyone found a solution?

I have same issue too... anyone alive here?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Ask in MOS thread instead, there is the best chance to get support for MOS

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Laetus

I have an issue similar but my game crashes on start up.

I had originally been having issues getting Patch 3.2 to install properly. I did a clean install and now I can actually launch 3.2 HOWEVER it crashes between 0.5-1.0 second of the TATW 3.2 splash art.

Help me please

Quote Originally Posted by LordJackalope View Post
    I have an issue similar but my game crashes on start up.

I had originally been having issues getting Patch 3.2 to install properly. I did a clean install and now I can actually launch 3.2 HOWEVER it crashes between 0.5-1.0 second of the TATW 3.2 splash art.

Help me please
    1) What Windows do you have?

2) Is your M2TW a Steam version, or non Steam version?

3) No additional submods installed?

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    1) What Windows do you have?

2) Is your M2TW a Steam version, or non Steam version?

3) No additional submods installed?
    1) Windows 10
    2) Steam
    3) Correct, no additional submods

Quote Originally Posted by LordJackalope View Post
    1) Windows 10
    2) Steam
    3) Correct, no additional submods
    Reinstall using these steps: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14909331

At the end of installation, try running kingdoms.exe in Windows 7 Compatibility mod, since Windows 10 have issues with M2TW for some users.

Good luck!