Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Features and Installation

Icon7 Features and Installation

Roma II: Imperium Aquilarum

So, whats in this mod?

First off please note that not all features and changes will not be logged or explained, there are simply to many.

Updated March 18th, Please not these are nowhere near all the features already implemented or planned, its just some of the ones I could think of right now.

Battle Mechanics
    -Health point system reworked back to the classic Total War formula-All reworked missile and melee damages to fit the classic healthpoint system

-Missile damages greatly balanced and constant
    -Increased zone of integrity for each individual soldier on the battlefield, further reducing 'blobbing'
    -New unique spacings for a number of units, reflecting upon their training, discipline and equipment
    -Reworked unit speeds
    -Reworked morale and fatigue systems
    -Improved battle camera for greater tactical depth
    -Certain projectiles limited or removed
    -Reworked pikemen, now more capable of holding enemies at bay but very vulnerable on the flanks
    -Artillery unit sizes, reload rates and accuracy completely reworked for greater historical accuracy and balance purposes
    -Artillery limited or unavailable to certain factions
    -Fire at will available for certain units
    -User interface unit statistics reworked, now presenting the essential statistics for each unit in an appealing way
    -Shield and armour reworked. Shields no longer give any armour for realistic purposes, whereas they however greatly contribute to --blocking missiles
    -Reduced naval ramming damages
    -Reduced combat speed

To be added in the coming days:

New animations for a variety of units, including hoplites in particular which will now fulfill a new role
    New 3D-weapon models including a longer, classical hoplite spear and a longer sarissa

Campaign
    -Coming soon/secret, but I think you guys will like it
    -Reworked tech tree
    -Trying to add the CiG 2 tech trees to the main campaign, but they will be used differently

Visuals
    -Incorporated some very nice texture mods into Imperium Aquilarum, these also add some new effects.
    -Massive plans that are secret for now which should be really cool and realistic
    -Better blood effects
    -Added dust effects
    -New atmospheres, clouds, and skys
    -GEM included with a realistic preset
    -Complete UI overhaul
    -Reworking animation tables to give each faction a unique feel, and for added realism

Unit Rosters
    -Aimed at maximum realism, this means that each unit will be as historically accurate as possible, with massive variation. (a cool campaign feature is implemented here, but that's secret for now )
    -Will be adding new textures
    -Will be adding new models

Other Cool Stuff
    -Reworked the historical battles, the battle of Cannae will be available for those who haven't purchased the Hannibal at the gates dlc because I unlocked and added the battle months before CA ever announced it, it will however be a different version.
    Note: There are more battles in the Historical Battle selection map, however only the vanilla + Cannae and the Seige of Alesia will work atm
    -Added musicians
    -Battle map, campaign map, and unit cameras have all been edited, I think you will like the results
    -All factions are playable in custom battles, and in the campaign
    -Removed capture points from all but siege battles
    -Vfx effects edited
    -New intro movie ( I think you guys will like it )

How to Install
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The current plan is that it will be a exe file that you download (possibly zipped). You will then install it to main Rome 2: Total War directory. To enable the mod just enable all packs beginning with *IA_Roma_II* using either the steam mod manager, the mod manager of your choice, or by manually editing the user.script

Make sure to read the notes, I will refer you to hear if you post that you are having problems explained here or in the features section

Notes:
    -This mod is resource intensive, and is intended to be, we are trying to get the most out of the engine we possibly can, so expect increased turn times, and lower fps.
    -Only vanilla plus Cannae, and the Seige of Alesia historical battles will work right now, while there are plenty more visible, they are just placeholders, they wont crash your game if you play them, but they will all be the battle of Cannae

Last edited by General George S. Patton; March 19, 2014 at 05:37 PM.

Default Re: Features, Installation, & Progress

Are you working on a better politics system? I dont know how moddable that is but it would be awesome to see a well-constructed system that really changes the way we build our empireGood luck on your mod

So many 'secret' features... More its a little bit later, can you give us some hints about them?

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoBo View Post
    So many 'secret' features... More its a little bit later, can you give us some hints about them?
    I can reveal that the battle mechanics have been largely finished since a few days and are being polished as of now. I need more work..
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoBo View Post

Il update the OP soon

Default Re: Features and Installation

Updated: Just added a few things, nothing major.

Added a battle mechanics description, although there are a few changes I need to make

Longer sarissa , I like that !!

hi this mod sounds really cool but when do you think it will be out

End of summer I hope.

Shouldn't some shields act like armour? For example the apsis when used in a pike phalanx formation wouldn't be held in the centre, but instead was strapped onto the arm making it very immobile and essentially just like extra armour.

EDIT: Also a slight meta-suggestion: you should colour code the features by which ones are implemented, partially implemented, or not yet being worked on.

Shield's providing armor doesn't make sense for technical reasons (Philip can explain it further).

It is color coded in our private dev forum, but I don't have time to update everything

waiting is over.my legions r going to march into Ur country and raze it to the ground,if u don't release the mod quickly

Lol, trust me it will be worth the wait, BIG news coming!!!

when is the BIG news coming out i cant wait it sounds like this could be the best mod for rome 2

Quote Originally Posted by zique2205 View Post
    when is the BIG news coming out i cant wait it sounds like this could be the best mod for rome 2
    Unfortunately not for at least a month

Well worth the wait though

Looks good. There is potential for making R2 a much better game without being so easy and boring to play.

guyz when is the big news coming?

when it comes

dont copy CA answers.they r copyrighted & can be only used by them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast