Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faction Roster Previews

Icon7 Faction Roster Previews

Here you can find the faction rosters and unit previews.
    Note: Until release I will not have all finished units on here
    Note: This mod is in the words of jack lusted "way way pre-alpha" and everything is subject to change. Please use this thread not only as a general discussion, but also a historical one.

Roma

Infantry

Camillan Hastati Maniple
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Note: This unit is still a wip, and EVERYTHING is subject to change, and probably will. The officers, and spacing are not started. May also contain textures from other mods that I haven't sought permission for yet, and thus might not make final release.

Note: This unit is still a wip, and EVERYTHING is subject to change, and probably will. The officers, and spacing are not started. May also contain textures from other mods that I haven't sought permission for yet, and thus might not make final release.

Note: This unit is still a wip, and EVERYTHING is subject to change, and probably will. The officers, and spacing are not started. May also contain textures from other mods that I haven't sought permission for yet, and thus might not make final release. Also this unit doesn't have any weapons yet.

Camillan Principes Maniple

Camillan Triarii Maniple

Camillan Rorarii Maniple

Camillan Accensi Maniple

Note: This unit is still a wip, and EVERYTHING is subject to change, and probably will. The officers, and spacing are not started. May also contain textures from other mods that I haven't sought permission for yet, and thus might not make final release. Also, Accensi tunic colors are a bit bugged atm, expect each unit to have variation on release.

Note: This unit is still a wip, and EVERYTHING is subject to change, and probably will. The officers, and spacing are not started. May also contain textures from other mods that I haven't sought permission for yet, and thus might not make final release. Also, Accensi tunic colors are a bit bugged atm, expect each unit to have variation on release.

Also, Accensi tunic colors are a bit bugged atm, expect each unit to have variation on release.

Also, Accensi tunic colors are a bit bugged atm, expect each unit to have variation on release.

Camillan Leve Maniple

Polybian Velites Maniple

Polybian Hastati Maniple

Note: This unit is still a wip, and EVERYTHING is subject to change, and probably will. The officers, and spacing are not started. May also contain textures from other mods that I haven't sought permission for yet, and thus might not make final release. Helmets are not yet started same with shields

Polybian Principes Maniple

Note: This unit is still a wip, and EVERYTHING is subject to change, and probably will. The officers, and spacing are not started. May also contain textures from other mods that I haven't sought permission for yet, and thus might not make final release. Helmets are not started, and the muscled cuirass is using a placeholder texture

Polybian Triarii Maniple

Note: This unit is still a wip, and EVERYTHING is subject to change, and probably will. The officers, and spacing are not started. May also contain textures from other mods that I haven't sought permission for yet, and thus might not make final release. The tunic colors featured hear are only placeholders along with the helmets

Town Watch Cohort

Early First Legionary Cohort

Early Legionary Cohort

Late First Legionary Cohort

Late Legionary Cohort

Evocati Cohort

Urban Cohort

Praetorian Guard Cohort
    Last edited by General George S. Patton; January 11, 2014 at 09:16 PM.

stupar123's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Faction Roster Previews

Looks good

I think you don't need urban cohort.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crooked Philosopher View Post
    I think you don't need urban cohort.
    They wont be available for recruitment, but you will get 4 when defending Rome if you have higher level military buildings.

They will be available in custom battles

This is because they historically existed, but where all but a police force for Rome, and not a super unit like in Rome 1 lol

I don't like the "early" and "late" prefixes. They weren't called that during the time, and it suggests that they're temporary troops only there if you can't wait to upgrade to late legionaries. I for one have never yet unlocked late legionaries.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    I don't like the "early" and "late" prefixes. They weren't called that during the time, and it suggests that they're temporary troops only there if you can't wait to upgrade to late legionaries. I for one have never yet unlocked late legionaries.
    Very interesting point. Not sure what else I could do because the legions did evolve over time, any ideas?

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

I can't see a single picture. Tried with Firefox and IE

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    I can't see a single picture. Tried with Firefox and IE
    There arn't any yet, I'm having a major ctd problem

Added some camillan unit pics

Excellent looking Camillan units!

stupar123's Avatar Miles

Camillan Principes look absolutely stunning !

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Excellent looking Camillan units!
    Quote Originally Posted by stupar123 View Post
    Camillan Principes look absolutely stunning !
    Thanks guys, glad you like them

Looks great!
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Triarii wearing linothorax?

Yes, remember these are camillan units, not polybian.

There are 2 schools of thought when it comes to camillan triarii.

Some people think that they where still armed in the traditional hoplite fashion as a last ditch solid line, others say that they evolved along with the rest of the lines.

There isn't really any concrete evidence for either, and I have gone the hoplite route, because Its the one I believe and to me makes more sense.

Added polybian velites, you can see the other polybian units in the background, but I need to change some armour probabilitys and textures so you will get to see them tomorrow

Hoplite route makes more sense to me as well. More aggressive and flexible early lines if defeated need a solid defensive line to hold off enemy so the rest of army can either re-group or successfully flee the field or possibly win the day if enemy is already exhausted from defeating the first 2 Roman lines. Also seems to accord with Roman sensibilities of conservatism and practicality. Looks nice, are you doing all the work yourself?

ASPGolan's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by General George S. Patton View Post
    Very interesting point. Not sure what else I could do because the legions did evolve over time, any ideas?
    Use the same name for both (in unit's description you might specify reformed legionaries for the later unit). UC should differ.

If you can't use the exact same name, things complicate a little. I was thinking of using cohort only for the late legionaries, but from a quick diagonal lecture, I see that we can speak of cohorts since Marius' reforms so that's really no good. So instead, my humble suggestion is to use [First] Roman Cohort for early legions and [First] Legionary Cohort after the reforms, somehow implying that they became a legion only after they tweaked the re-organisation of the army , which is not 100% accurate, but suggestive enough for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Hoplite route makes more sense to me as well. More aggressive and flexible early lines if defeated need a solid defensive line to hold off enemy so the rest of army can either re-group or successfully flee the field or possibly win the day if enemy is already exhausted from defeating the first 2 Roman lines. Also seems to accord with Roman sensibilities of conservatism and practicality. Looks nice, are you doing all the work yourself?
    Thanks, and yes its just me for now until I can find some more people

Quote Originally Posted by ASPGolan View Post
    Use the same name for both (in unit's description you might specify reformed legionaries for the later unit). UC should differ.

If you can't use the exact same name, things complicate a little. I was thinking of using cohort only for the late legionaries, but from a quick diagonal lecture, I see that we can speak of cohorts since Marius' reforms so that's really no good. So instead, my humble suggestion is to use [First] Roman Cohort for early legions and [First] Legionary Cohort after the reforms, somehow implying that they became a legion only after they tweaked the re-organisation of the army , which is not 100% accurate, but suggestive enough for the game.
    Hmm, I will think about these, I was also thinking about using like Augustan, or Ceasarian legions, but I don't think that would really work.

ASPGolan's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by General George S. Patton View Post
    Hmm, I will think about these, I was also thinking about using like Augustan, or Ceasarian legions, but I don't think that would really work.
    That got me thinking, Republican / Imperial Legions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast