Thread: Ideas, Suggestions, and other Mods

Icon3 Ideas, Suggestions, and other Mods

If anyone has any ideas they would like implemented in this mod please post them hear. Please make sure it is realistic, and fits with the idea of the mod.

Also, have your own mod, or know another mod that you would like to see implemented? Post it hear and I will check it out.
    Last edited by General George S. Patton; December 26, 2013 at 06:41 PM.

stupar123's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Ideas, Suggestions, and other Mods

TT Helbent got perfect trait system , you could add it in your mod maybe ?
    Also , about recruitment , will it be 1 unit per province or vanilla stye ? I loved old RSII 1 unit per turn recruitment !
    And will minor factions have income reduced ?

mennelik's Avatar Civis

Historical power factions that were very powerful and had a not so big area live on much longer when playing campaign mode (AI controlled), defensive arty on the walls when besieged when researched now it seems they are not available, no more blobbing mod, pop up of different elements on battle map need to be fixed and of course battle and campaign AI improvement seasons climate region bound when in winter it snows all over the campaign map ( if possible) campaign start date earlier in the Roman history "so this is nothing this game or engine couldn't handle, historical names for armies, more city's and that's all that I could come up

greetz

Il definitely look into both of these

Have you through about adding in Additional Campaigns for people to play alone side the vanilla on Once you have released the mod?
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

TTT and Meaningful Resources, for sure. Also, Unit Cards from Bulldog unless you're planning on creating your own UCs. Oh, also, Historically Plausible development seems to let Carthage survive, so that would be nice, too

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Although I'm playing the DEI mod now( which is fantastic~) I am even more excited for this mod to be coming out as well and here's what I think would go well.

Politics system.

To make the politics system more interesting, I thought it would be better if each faction ideally had its own unique culture base. So if I was a Roman Governor, I'd be implementing reforms, or I'd be hoarding in all the cash to make maximum profit.( CA introduced these features, always the popping up events, love those tiny features) If I were a Parthian Governor I would be also building, expanding and generating wealth from the city I am in. For a barbarian tribe I'd rather have an event, more like the elders meeting around a place advising you to build what and what and will be the negative features of this and that. The random popup events which says a woman was killed and the murderers must be punished thing is an awesome feature. I'd love to see more of this featured in your mod.

The other thing is why don't you create a feature where you are just a governor or general that needs to gain power? If you look at Rome 1 you started off as a weak Roman faction that listened to the orders of the Senate, but as you grew more and more powerful you began to win support from the people and then boom civil war and you ended up being the most powerful man in the world. If this was done in Parthia for example, you start out as a local noble, and then you build and help your kingdom expand, but as your kingdom expands, people start to grow jealous of you as you win battles after battles, the King rewards with you money and treasures, there are numerous assassination attempts on you as you grow even more powerful. When your kingdom is under attack the King then sends you to deal with them and the story goes on from that. Still if these features were to be put in event boxes they'd make the game even more interesting. I would like a fully running Senate for Rome. Please check Grudge Nl's feedback thread( I'll link it soon). All the politics system really needs is a whole lot of features to be put in and the game is playable.

And please check DEI Silver Sheild Selecuid Pikeman. Man they look good, I'd rather you ask them to put them in your mod. Gerulla's 666 UI mod which is blood textures is also an awesome feature that would work great. Once you get TED, will you plan on remaking the cities to give it the full expansion it needed? And what about the siege of Carthage? Will you expand it and make it look like the pre alpha version? Its a real shame I can't play DEI and R21A together Anyway, if there was anything else I'd implement the rome 1 faction videos into Rome 2. That would make the game a real feeling of the old rome 1 game. Still can't wait for your mod, good luck and may it work out successfully.

Oh yes and can you implement the Rome 1 campaign soundtracks with the Roman and Greek themes? That'd be awesome. Could you please implement Europa Barborum 1 and 2's barbarian soundtracks and menu soundtrack as well, and RTR's soundtracks? The barbarian soundtracks for Europa Barborum was also awesome, and I'd love to put it when playing as an barbarian faction instead of hearing the not so well made campaign soundtracks of Richard Beddow. I'd keep some of the Rome 2 battle soundtracks as they are simply put awesome. They work well with the game, check out Kittens Mittens channel on youtube.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; January 10, 2014 at 01:54 AM.

ASPGolan's Avatar Civis

I'll share the mods that I use or have used (and that are not already on your feature list):
    - Dresden's Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod
    (generally, improved diplomatic options would be good, this is a good start; its weird to create satrapies as Rome, as this mod allows, it would have been preferable to have better client states)
    - Wedge formation for roman heavy infantry
    (all improvements to formations are nice, but I hope IA tweaks unit cohesion so that formations matter for top tier and for experienced units)
    - Fire at will
    (for all infantry that have javelins to throw; the above mod has one downside, melee mode is no longer the default stance)

Other requests:
    - original main menu screen (I doubt anyone can do better :d) + custom loading screens
    - in my saved games, I've tweaked the number of available units per stack to 22, so I recommend this change, if possible to make in the games' files.
    On ultra unit size it woks decent enough even with 3 or 4 stacks deployed. I've tried more than 22 and with 2 stacks on the battlefield I lose track of the units.

Civis

I think it could be great if you manage some unique units per faction,such as DeI, and with tha All Playable Fctions mod, you could units to many new factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigorukia View Post
    Have you through about adding in Additional Campaigns for people to play alone side the vanilla on Once you have released the mod?
    Yes, if it is possible

Quote Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
    TTT and Meaningful Resources, for sure. Also, Unit Cards from Bulldog unless you're planning on creating your own UCs. Oh, also, Historically Plausible development seems to let Carthage survive, so that would be nice, too
    I will definitely be asking for permission for Meaningful Resources. As for unit cards, I am not sure yet what style to go with. And for a historically plausible development, yes something like that will definitely be implemented

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Although I'm playing the DEI mod now( which is fantastic~) I am even more excited for this mod to be coming out as well and here's what I think would go well.

Politics system.

To make the politics system more interesting, I thought it would be better if each faction ideally had its own unique culture base. So if I was a Roman Governor, I'd be implementing reforms, or I'd be hoarding in all the cash to make maximum profit.( CA introduced these features, always the popping up events, love those tiny features) If I were a Parthian Governor I would be also building, expanding and generating wealth from the city I am in. For a barbarian tribe I'd rather have an event, more like the elders meeting around a place advising you to build what and what and will be the negative features of this and that. The random popup events which says a woman was killed and the murderers must be punished thing is an awesome feature. I'd love to see more of this featured in your mod.

The other thing is why don't you create a feature where you are just a governor or general that needs to gain power? If you look at Rome 1 you started off as a weak Roman faction that listened to the orders of the Senate, but as you grew more and more powerful you began to win support from the people and then boom civil war and you ended up being the most powerful man in the world. If this was done in Parthia for example, you start out as a local noble, and then you build and help your kingdom expand, but as your kingdom expands, people start to grow jealous of you as you win battles after battles, the King rewards with you money and treasures, there are numerous assassination attempts on you as you grow even more powerful. When your kingdom is under attack the King then sends you to deal with them and the story goes on from that. Still if these features were to be put in event boxes they'd make the game even more interesting. I would like a fully running Senate for Rome. Please check Grudge Nl's feedback thread( I'll link it soon). All the politics system really needs is a whole lot of features to be put in and the game is playable.

And please check DEI Silver Sheild Selecuid Pikeman. Man they look good, I'd rather you ask them to put them in your mod. Gerulla's 666 UI mod which is blood textures is also an awesome feature that would work great. Once you get TED, will you plan on remaking the cities to give it the full expansion it needed? And what about the siege of Carthage? Will you expand it and make it look like the pre alpha version? Its a real shame I can't play DEI and R21A together Anyway, if there was anything else I'd implement the rome 1 faction videos into Rome 2. That would make the game a real feeling of the old rome 1 game. Still can't wait for your mod, good luck and may it work out successfully.

Oh yes and can you implement the Rome 1 campaign soundtracks with the Roman and Greek themes? That'd be awesome. Could you please implement Europa Barborum 1 and 2's barbarian soundtracks and menu soundtrack as well, and RTR's soundtracks? The barbarian soundtracks for Europa Barborum was also awesome, and I'd love to put it when playing as an barbarian faction instead of hearing the not so well made campaign soundtracks of Richard Beddow. I'd keep some of the Rome 2 battle soundtracks as they are simply put awesome. They work well with the game, check out Kittens Mittens channel on youtube.
    Not sure what to do able politics yet, but I will certainly come back and have another look at your suggestion when we get to it

Il check out the silver sheild selecuid pikeman but they will only make it if they are 100% historically accurate. IA has its own UI mod , but it does incorporate some of Gerulla's stuff. As for the rome 1 soundtrack i would really like to implement it, but atm it isn't possible .

Quote Originally Posted by ASPGolan View Post
    I'll share the mods that I use or have used (and that are not already on your feature list):
    - Dresden's Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod
    (generally, improved diplomatic options would be good, this is a good start; its weird to create satrapies as Rome, as this mod allows, it would have been preferable to have better client states)
    - Wedge formation for roman heavy infantry
    (all improvements to formations are nice, but I hope IA tweaks unit cohesion so that formations matter for top tier and for experienced units)
    - Fire at will
    (for all infantry that have javelins to throw; the above mod has one downside, melee mode is no longer the default stance)

Other requests:
    - original main menu screen (I doubt anyone can do better :d) + custom loading screens
    - in my saved games, I've tweaked the number of available units per stack to 22, so I recommend this change, if possible to make in the games' files.
    On ultra unit size it woks decent enough even with 3 or 4 stacks deployed. I've tried more than 22 and with 2 stacks on the battlefield I lose track of the units.
    I will definatly look into all 3 of these, as for the UI, it is complety reworked , and is pretty much finished until we can edit the UI files.

Quote Originally Posted by LAKEDAIMON View Post
    I think it could be great if you manage some unique units per faction,such as DeI, and with tha All Playable Fctions mod, you could units to many new factions.
    All factions are playable in custom battles and in the grand campaign

All factions will definitely have unique units

Hey George, np, I suggested the politics system for a specific faction, maybe if you don't know where to go try experimenting with one faction first, of course its upto you how you do it.

Here's a screenshot taken from DEI, not a very good pic but it shows the Silver Shield Selecuid Pikemen, I'll try and get a better image

Quote Originally Posted by stupar123 View Post
    TT Helbent got perfect trait system , you could add it in your mod maybe ?
    Also , about recruitment , will it be 1 unit per province or vanilla stye ? I loved old RSII 1 unit per turn recruitment !
    And will minor factions have income reduced ?
    one unit to recruit per turn? i don't think it realistic. in real world a recruitment center may recruit a classis and a cohort--and perhaps auxiliaries too--simultaneously (depending on the settlement's wealth AND population, of course). one-unit-per-turn is THE one thing i disliked in the old RTW; 3 units per turn is what i liked in Medieval 2 TW (although i dislike very much the M2TW game itself). i think it's better if the number of units that can be recruited is limited by the place's wealth and population. Hawooh

This thread has some good ideas, especially the region assimilation one:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-assimilation

The game needs more characters, senators in the character page that are supported by other senators( or tribal chiefs for barbarians), a family tree, an opinion that every character has of you and possibly of other characters, more events and dilemmas and more diplomatic options. Also it would be very good if someone removed the limit of traits.

I know this things are probably very hard to mod but they are suggestions. Good luck with this mod

Indefinitely Banned

Can you add walls for each city.

CheesyFreak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Anixx View Post
    Can you add walls for each city.
    i would also like this, but with a twist, for settlements that arent capitals i think it should be researched and take up a building slot,otherwise we migth get the whole shogun 2 shenanigang again,unless you can make the ai more willinglly to defend its own lands .

also if i may ask a question, will you include historaclly acurate Celtiberians/Iberians? vanilla rome did a horrible job of that bastardizing them but into one culture.

EDIT: another idea of mine, would it be possible to change battle maps? it pains me sometimes to see semi-arid warscapes on places like: north-Iberia, North Italy and North Turkey.
    Last edited by CheesyFreak; January 21, 2014 at 05:08 PM.