Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread

Default Re: Bug Thread

Iv'e been playing a while now and it's been all smooth, but now im in the year 3117 years ago, and now every time i end a turn it crashes to desktop. Any idea's?

The general (Aquiles) hasn't any sword.

With HeKtor iden.
    Last edited by MCS_TROY; October 09, 2006 at 12:14 PM.

Whenever I try to run the campaign it just says "Please select an option from the menu", or something along those lines. Any help would be most appreciated.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

"Please select an option..." usually means that the mod is not compatable with the version of RTW you have. Try installing 1.6 and then reinstalling TTW. If you have RTW Gold/Eras or you are sure you have 1.6, I believe it could also be a corrupt download...
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; October 16, 2006 at 02:32 AM.

Right, turned out to be BI version 1.4, which is odd considering that the Gold Edition installs as 1.6 (Or maybe I'm just crazy, who knows)

Anyways great mod so far!

Very nice looking mod you have here.. Feel interesting after roman era mods, but my game crashes also in year 3183..
    i Have the gold version fix installed...

hey there, i just installed the mod and i was thourghly impressed with the intro. unfortunately, my happiness was cut short when i pressed the main campaign button. it said 'please select an item from the list'. i followed the instructions in the sticky on how to install. what can i do about this?
    omg, i just read the post above.

Okay, I tried doing the fix and it didn't really do anything for me. It said "18 files unzipped" when I selected the folder so out of curiosity I tried installing it to desktop and nothing happens. So I tried it the manual way. The way it's set up I find confusing... You actually have four files there... descr_names, export_descr_unit, and then names and descr_strat buried in some folders. I copied names and descr_strat where they're supposed to go but it still does not work. Am I supposed to be doing something with descr_names and export_descr_unit? It doesn't say anything about those.

Help confused

Found where export_descr_unit goes, replaced file, still crashes every time I hit "end turn".

Nope, I'm a retard, fixed just took effort
    Last edited by Kassandros; October 22, 2006 at 09:19 PM.

Citizen

Extract the fix. Open the folder "fix" and select the entire contents. Cut. Go to and open "Crogram Files/Activision/Rome - Total War". Paste. Yes to prompt to replace exsisting... that should do it.

Shouldn't the fiy be puted into bi/data??

Citizen

You may be right... Sorry if I am wrong.

Found a repeatable error that causes CTDs for me, not sure if anyone else is having this problem. If you are building a dockyard and a Ploion Proton (think either ship will work as they both are supposed to get an exp upgrade from the dockyards) in the same city at the same time (that is when the dockyard is completed), it causes a CTD. Have had it happen with every faction I played so far. I hit end of turn and CTD, restart, continue campaign, end of turn, CTD again. Then I go through and find the city that is building the docks and ship, build something other than the ship and my game continues on fine.

Hope it helps;
    Nem

*Edit--Forgot to post that the mod is awesome! Thanks!
    Last edited by Nem Godslayer; October 24, 2006 at 08:06 PM.

Mirconus the Great's Avatar Civis

Well, I'd also like to ask u something... The last version of TTW had a cool music.
    TTW 3.0.0 doesn't have it any more... What's happened to that music?
    YES, I DO LOVE ANTIQUITY

Hi guys, new here. I just downloaded TTW and i installed it but the message "please select an item from the list..." pops up when i click campaign. I know that some people already posted about this but my problem is that I downloaded 1.6 then ran it, but at the end it said something like "this patch will only upgrade 1.3 to 1.5, you can download patch 1.3 at www.totalwar.net" and when I looked at the BI it said 1.4 and when I looked at the RTW it said 1.5. Now I'm SURE that I downloaded 1.6, but I'll download it again from a different source to double check, anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Actually I think I figured it out. I bought BI and borrowed RTW from my friend to install it on and when I returned it I got a no cd fixed .exe and been using it ever since, but now I just realized that I need the original 1.5 .exe to patch to 1.6. Anyone know where I can get a copy of the original 1.5 RTW .exe? I don't wanna risk limewire and I really don't want to ask my friend for the game again for the 18th time.

When i install RTW, then BI, then TTW. When i start up the game it loads the movie and i skip it, then it goes to the load screen then it freezes and exits out. I do not know what is going wrong because i followed all of your directions.

OK new problem I tried reinstalling it but now it says Error loading mount database....

Roland Deschain's Avatar Laetus

I am having a bunch of minor problems with this right now. And now I'm getting some slowdown on my machine. Oh well, I'm gonna run some maintenance and try again tomorrow.

In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

hmm ok im sure that this is my own stupidity cuz I'm not technologically inclined at all. But I have played a lot of mods now and I've never had this happen. When i click the shortcut to install TTW i get the message "The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could also be a result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus. It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch" I'm sure that I did something wrong. But if it was a bad link or something can I get a link to a mirror?

Right click on the file and press properties to see how big it is.

It sounds like your download may have been stopped before the file finished downloading.

The file should have the following size:-

166 MB (174,288,489 bytes)