Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey von Bereau
    I got also a CTD when I push the End-turn-Button!
    wow ive got the same exact problem too
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys!
    wow ive got the same exact problem too

This problem gets fixed if you download the hotfix files and put them in the correct place, replacing the old files of the same name.

Please remember that even big mods like RTR and EB still have bugs and errors. All things considered Troy is quite stable so long as you don't try to access historical battles, quick battles or view the settlements in the campaign (a feature most people don't use anyway).
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; October 02, 2006 at 07:27 AM.

Campaign map works fine... but whenever I have a battle, I crash to desktop. The loading meter for the battle almost completes and then *poof*. Has happened as Dorians vs. Rebels and also as Argos vs. Athens. I'm using JSGME as a mod switcher.

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

i don't know if this is a bug, but when i try to load the game, it says something like: "error! the file "export_unit tower.cas does not exist" or something like that. i have played TTW as long as the day it came out, but never had this game before. i downloaded the gold edition, because i don't think i have that hotfix... someone know's what it is? it is freking annoying, wanna play TTW Gold!!!
    i might thought it was something wrong with the file i downloaded....

edit: managed to play it, but i have a question for you guys...
    when i was gonna check out the new Lydia faction, it appered that the Lydia faction also could train like Myrmidones, Appolonians, those heavy axemen from Crete, Herakles spearmen of Sparta... this is just something that i got right? coz when i started playing as Lydia, none of those appered when i checked the barracks.. hope someone answers me.. i'm a little confused right now...
    Last edited by thoscme; October 02, 2006 at 10:25 AM.
    proud norwegian

Quote Originally Posted by thoscme
    i don't know if this is a bug, but when i try to load the game, it says something like: "error! the file "export_unit tower.cas does not exist" or something like that. i have played TTW as long as the day it came out, but never had this game before. i downloaded the gold edition, because i don't think i have that hotfix... someone know's what it is? it is freking annoying, wanna play TTW Gold!!!
    i might thought it was something wrong with the file i downloaded....

edit: managed to play it, but i have a question for you guys...
    when i was gonna check out the new Lydia faction, it appered that the Lydia faction also could train like Myrmidones, Appolonians, those heavy axemen from Crete, Herakles spearmen of Sparta... this is just something that i got right? coz when i started playing as Lydia, none of those appered when i checked the barracks.. hope someone answers me.. i'm a little confused right now...

Yes, you see those units are hidden resources. In other words if you are the lydians and conquer the phthians you will be able to recruit myrmidons at the phthian capital (if the right barracks has been built). Likewise if you conquer troy you will be able to recruit apollonian infantry at the trojan capital, the same goes for each of the other elite units you see in the custom battle manu - similar to the custom battles menu in RTR. WE implemented this so that you can coquer greece and make a greek allied army from each of the greek nation's capitals and then invade troy - if you so wish.

aahh!! damn how cool!!
    lydia rocks
    proud norwegian

thanks, by the way
    (sorry about the double post)
    proud norwegian

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

I've a CTD when I click for the first time "end-turn"!!!!!
    While with version 2.1 beta I've no problem!!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco
    I've a CTD when I click for the first time "end-turn"!!!!!
    While with version 2.1 beta I've no problem!!!!
    Please download and install the fix too!!! It solves this problem.

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Where I must click to download fix version 2 ? :
    File details:

File Name: fix.exe
    Size: 0.67 MB
    Description: No description given

The site appear me in this way!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco
    Where I must click to download fix version 2 ? :
    File details:

File Name: fix.exe
    Size: 0.67 MB
    Description: No description given

The site appear me in this way!
    Yes, i have removed all of the first version fixes. Fix version 2 is that exe file.

When I start as troy I start losing LOADS of money, even with taxes on full. I tried to stop it, but even building roads, full stuff and disbanding part of my army failed. Considering troy is meant to be rich I gave my self some money.

(And with one stack of Trojians sailed over to grease, and I now have 2 provinces on the mainland, it's fun as the hole culture thing realy causies revolt. I'm steady now, but if a single greaak caracter enters my lands, a revolt happens Awesome gameplay well done)

Quote Originally Posted by Alatar
    When I start as troy I start losing LOADS of money, even with taxes on full. I tried to stop it, but even building roads, full stuff and disbanding part of my army failed. Considering troy is meant to be rich I gave my self some money.

(And with one stack of Trojians sailed over to grease, and I now have 2 provinces on the mainland, it's fun as the hole culture thing realy causies revolt. I'm steady now, but if a single greaak caracter enters my lands, a revolt happens Awesome gameplay well done)
    The problem with the money is caused by the generals and their bodyguards being incredibly expensive to maintain. Use them in battle! The heros will win campaigns for you or else die which isn't so bad as it is one less unit to maintain. . It is all a part of our effort of trying to focus gameplay on the heros.

when i start the game, it says error loading mount database. what should i do?

nevermind i fixed it

First I would like to say thanks for all your hard work towards this mod. Its incredible stable and entertaining. I read in a post above that the heros have a high upkeep and all but personally I like the concept of governors and colonys which I cant do as they will cost more than the army and the land they are governing so I was wondering I anyone could tell me how to change the upkeep for all the generals.
    Thx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Richini
    First I would like to say thanks for all your hard work towards this mod. Its incredible stable and entertaining. I read in a post above that the heros have a high upkeep and all but personally I like the concept of governors and colonys which I cant do as they will cost more than the army and the land they are governing so I was wondering I anyone could tell me how to change the upkeep for all the generals.
    Thx in advance.
    You can change it in EDU, but you must remember that this isn't RTR, the generals are warriors not goveners and i hope you can continue using our system as it adds to the mod.

First of all this is a great mod, have been playing it for a couple of days now and Im really enoying it, especially like the units.

Anyway, i keep getting a crash to desktop error whenever i press the end turn button now. It was working before but I dont know why it keeps happening now. I am Troy at turn 3170 years ago. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang
    That is normal, unfortunately nobody told me how to get rid of those messages when i asked here at TWC. Being a 2D/3D artist myself i am not inclined towards coding (though was forced to complete the mod on my own) and so it is my lack of knowledge which has caused these messages. It isn't a bug as such.
    Have you tried writing this in descr_strat file?:

faction romano_british, sailor napoleon
    denari 15000
    dead_until_ressurected
    This way faction will remain hidden until something trigers it and it appears then. The only problem is that that you won't trigger it so it never appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka
    Have you tried writing this in descr_strat file?:

This way faction will remain hidden until something trigers it and it appears then. The only problem is that that you won't trigger it so it never appears.
    Ah, thank you very much, at last i know. :tooth: