Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hotseat Rules Compendum

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Hotseat Rules Compendum

In my experience with single campaign one can not ally up with the enemy of your ally. Is this different in multiplayer?

Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain Khuzaymah View Post
    In my experience with single campaign one can not ally up with the enemy of your ally. Is this different in multiplayer?
    Automatic ceasefire occurs when an enemy allies with your ally.

So the enemy faction must be initially neutral to your own ally to make it work.
    Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

Merry Christmas to all who celebrates.

I'm wondering if it shouldn't be allowed to sally out in fort sieges and get defeated? Do sieging generals gain command stars when they defeat a sally? Also the fact that if you purposefully put units out of your army and win a siege like that, your general will gain more traits than usual. So if someone sallies out and gets defeated on purpose, you lose the chance to gain more stars/traits.

What are your thoughts people?

Quote Originally Posted by jemdkyl View Post
    Merry Christmas to all who celebrates.

I'm wondering if it shouldn't be allowed to sally out in fort sieges and get defeated? Do sieging generals gain command stars when they defeat a sally? Also the fact that if you purposefully put units out of your army and win a siege like that, your general will gain more traits than usual. So if someone sallies out and gets defeated on purpose, you lose the chance to gain more stars/traits.

What are your thoughts people?
    I'm in favour of no sally forts unless victory or draw. If it's a sally for upkeep reasons, you would have to disband instead with as side effect less losses on enemy side.
    Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

Can it be changed in all the GS hotseats that are running right now? It's basically same as sallying to deny sack money, but here it's sallying to deny stars/traits.

Quote Originally Posted by jemdkyl View Post
    Can it be changed in all the GS hotseats that are running right now? It's basically same as sallying to deny sack money, but here it's sallying to deny stars/traits.
    Not mine to decide. Make a vote thread. If a substantial player count finds it should be standard practice then I'll add it to the rule thread.

Forting

- Rules for sieges apply
    - Not allowed to to lure the attacker into the fort by disband/suicide sally to set up a trap.
    -
    Not allowed to besiege a fort solely to deny the besieged army from participating in battles (with enemy forces next to the fort).

- Not allowed to sally from forts (except for sieges lasting longer then 1 turn) unless victory or draw is achieved.
    - Allowed to disband troops
    OR
    - Variations on (not) allowing suicidal sallies and disbanding possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12