Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The LOTR and Hobbit movie franchise spin off thread. Share your ideas about new ones here!

Þiudreiks's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The LOTR and Hobbit movie franchise, what will they think of next? What can you come up with???

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    You are not mistaken, that would truly be amazing.
    Pay no attention to that Dragon Behind the curtain.
    Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks. -Harlan Ellison

Senator

Default Re: The LOTR and Hobbit movie franchise, what will they think of next? What can you come up with???

A Disney version of LotR. And not a crappy one, I mean like a good one like the Lion King or Frozen.

Imagine if you will, Denethor performing a song sequence during his mental battle with Sauron
    A Saruman cover version of 'Be Prepared'
    And a kickass opening, a musical version of the forging of the rings and the Last Alliance.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lortano View Post
    A Disney version of LotR. And not a crappy one, I mean like a good one like the Lion King or Frozen.

Imagine if you will, Denethor performing a song sequence during his mental battle with Sauron
    A Saruman cover version of 'Be Prepared'
    And a kickass opening, a musical version of the forging of the rings and the Last Alliance.
    I would love to see that being made. Not because I would be desperate to see it though, but the threads it would produce in the TATW forum would truly be epic.
    Gripes, spoilers, heated lore discussion about a Disney song and dance version of LoTR. I can hardly wait.

There really has been a musical production of LoTR. I am probably one of the (relatively) few people who has seen it being performed.
    It was a performance in 2007 at the West End Theatre Royal Drury Lane. Although a lot of money was obviously spent on it and there were some impressive scenes, for me it didn't quite work.

Perhaps some people would be interested in a picture of the "Musical" version of Galadriel.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And here is a YouTube link to some highlights from the musical.

Last edited by Veteraan; January 04, 2022 at 01:27 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Like the image/interpetation while it's not the Galadriel I would envision hehe, she has a good voice and I like the lyric of her/the first song in the video, thematically spot on, while some of the rest was most of a smile on my lips ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

A TaTW/Lord of the Rings crossover.

Lorien elf: Send us help, O High king, orcs have overrun Lothlorien, and are two steps from sacking our sole province, Caras Galadhon. We haven't the strength to oppose them, because all of our crack soldiers are besieging a rebel motte and bailey somewhere in Bumfughindon.
    Elrond: Nope, don't want to break that trade agreement I have with Mordor. Beat it, cheese puff.

Senator

Of course, the implications of having Saruman singing 'Be Prepared' means that he'd have to be played by Jeremy Irons...in full hammy overacting mode.

EDIT:To give an example of what happened last time Irons played a wizard...

It would be awesome.
    Last edited by Lortano; January 25, 2014 at 10:10 AM.

A TVShow set during the Fall of Arnor, full of plots, intrigue and epic battles.

(Game of Thrones in Middle-Earth, remove dragons, replace Others with the Witch-King of Angmar, replace Dany with Gondor. And you're set.)

what about walking dead in middle earth but instead of zombies they use barrow wights?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron4316 View Post
    what about walking dead in middle earth but instead of zombies they use barrow wights?
    Barrow Wights only patrol the Barrow Downs, not really much else.

So you won't be able to do such a thing without extreme lore rape.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTechmarine View Post
    Barrow Wights only patrol the Barrow Downs, not really much else.

So you won't be able to do such a thing without extreme lore rape.
    It certainly isn't true to lore, but the suggestion made by Sauron4316 (are there really at least 4316 other Saurons around) does meet the requirements I outlined for this thread. See quote below.

Personally I would consider adding a Tom Bombadil character who could sing the Barrow Wights to sleep. But keeping it in the spirit of change, why not have Justin Bieber for that role. His songs should do nicely and it's unlikely his presence would scare the Wights away. Unless the Wights are music lovers that is.

(...)Both serious entries, e.g. you would like a HBO series being made about the events of the "Last alliance of Elves and Man", as (slightly) humorous ones e.g. a quiz program called "Spot the dwarve woman" are very welcome.
    All posts should have at least some reference to LOTR + appendices or the Hobbit. AFAIK the the rights to other Tolkien works are currently "safe" so they are off limits here.
    Edit: Since it has become clear that quite a lot of people want to share their "other Tolkien works" spin off ideas, I decided they should be officially declared ON TOPIC.

Please share your best (or worse) Lotr spin off ideas here.
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 03, 2014 at 01:16 PM.

It certainly isn't true to lore, but the suggestion made by Sauron4316 (are there really at least 4316 other Saurons around) does meet the requirements I outlined for this thread. See quote below.

Personally I would consider adding a Tom Bombadil character who could sing the Barrow Wights to sleep. But keeping it in the spirit of change, why not have Justin Bieber for that role. His songs should do nicely and it's unlikely his presence would scare the Wights away. Unless the Wights are music lovers that is.

I think it would be better to have the guy that plays devil went down to georgia as Tom Bombadil.

Cribs - Get an exclusive and full tour of famous residents of Middle Earth's houses.

Find out that Frodo has built an underground Basketball court in his crib.

Breaking Barad-Dur: Diagnosed with a disease that will cause his spirit to fade away, Sauron starts using his magic know-how to secretly synthesize Orcish happy-powder in order to pay for treatment.

Praeses

"Governor" Saruman: Watch out for the "satbbers"

Rickbo Baggins "Three things for the elven stuffs under the thing..."
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Last edited by Veteraan; January 04, 2022 at 01:32 PM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

oh daddy, that is really fun, but that picture at the end ...

sadly, I must spread again
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post

oh daddy, that is really fun, but that picture at the end ...
    Glad you liked that son. A little variety in such a collage is always useful. Hence the "shock effect" at the end.
    sadly, I must spread again
    Don't sweat it. Rather get yourself that red fleur de lis
    If it doesn't happen soon, I will have some "spreading" of my own to do.

And I don't mean you should get something like this:

Last edited by Veteraan; February 10, 2014 at 05:42 AM.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Meet the hobbits.

Like meet the spartans except in middle earth. Also hopefully funny.

Or like "Meet The Parents". No chance of funny.

Senator

Spot the difference; Middle Earth.

The goal is to find all of the differences between Jacksons films and the books. (Warning: Hobbit Spot the difference may last several weeks.)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast