Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The LOTR and Hobbit movie franchise spin off thread. Share your ideas about new ones here!

Þiudreiks's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The LOTR and Hobbit movie franchise, what will they think of next? What can you come up with???

A spin off show for Peej. How about Lost in Mirkwood, its like Swiss Family Robinson and Lost in space but takes place in Mirkwood.
    Last edited by Þiudreiks; January 04, 2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Fixed my statement should have been Swiss not Smith.
    Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks. -Harlan Ellison

Default Re: The LOTR and Hobbit movie franchise, what will they think of next? What can you come up with???

Hobbit vs. wild staring Pippin.
    Watch him show you how to survive in Middle-earth's most dangerous places, include:
    Mirkwood
    Mordor
    Peter Jackson's belief how Middle-earth should be
    Moria (with guests Balin's ghost and the Balrog)

Followed by Aragorn's guide to Middle-earth herb
    Then Extreme Cooking with Samwise Gamgee

Þiudreiks's Avatar Civis

How about a Grump Old Men Parody with Gandalf taking the Role of Walter Matthau and Saruman in the Role of Jack Lemon.
    Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks. -Harlan Ellison

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

This would be my guess

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Good work, guys.

But our furry friend from Sweden has bested us all, putting his collage skills to work on something else than the Kong Commandments.

However, he really is in a league of his own:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ngugi Nobel.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	299558

+ rep

Edit: Looking at that picture, I cannot help but wonder how anyone could think Liv Tyler in her LOTR shape could be in need of an extreme makeover.
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 22, 2014 at 03:32 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

LOL, then reviewers and critics around the globe would cry blood and hunt me like a mob with torches and pitchforks

EDIT: My god I dispise Extreme Makeover Home edition, the hosts makes me mad and he in the image is faaaar worst
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 04, 2014 at 01:31 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Senator

The Jerry Springer Show- Middle Earth addition

On the pilot epsiode Aragorn faces up to his stalker Eowyn, who then attempts to rape him live on air. Also includes an addiction discussion with Gollum, and Tom Bombadil expresses his anger at not being included in anything Peter Jackson related in LOTR.

Alternatively we could have

Made in Gondor- A reality TV show. On this weeks episode, Faramir discovers that Boromir is sleeping with his girlfriend and has a very loud shouting match with him, while Imrahil is told that he has HIV as a Corsair invasions ravages Dol Amroth.

Top Gear-Middle Earth Special. The boys buy 3 clapped out motors, and attempt to follow Frodo's route to Mount Doom. Clarkson's big heavy Mustang falls through the bridge of Khazad-Dum and defeats the Balrog, Hammond's piece of sinks in the Anduin and drowns him, and May's brakes are a bit funny so he flies straight off the edge of the Cracks of Doom and plummets to his death. Clarkson then comes back to life, but because he lost his car he has to drive a Volkswagon Beetle. Guest starring the Stig and Sauron as the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

Someone has already had an idea along these lines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcx6UbMCtfI

Senator

How about a WHFB and ME crossover. That would be so, EPIC.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    This would be my guess

Awesome

SirNat's Avatar Libertus

Great thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    Well, I suppose so, but I don't really know what you are posting about.
    Please don't forget there are people from a lot of different countries reading and posting here. Abbreviations make it a lot more difficult to understand.
    It would be a shame that a good spin off idea wouldn't be recognized as such because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNat View Post
    Great thread!
    Thank you and of course a big thanks to the people who have contributed to it.
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 07, 2014 at 06:12 PM.

Senator

Ok, this is completely compared to Ngugi's but I think you get the idea.

(Ok, image failed for some reason so have the link, it's alright and gets the point across
    http://gyazo.com/66b53a2f1ad1e7495abec347fe72b3a5 )

Of course, made in Gondor could have a rival show, The Only Way is Mordor...
    Last edited by Lortano; January 07, 2014 at 06:21 PM.

Praeses

Well the "Middle Earth's Got Talent" suggestiuon got me thinking, what about a Middle Earth cooking show?

Gordon Rammas in Udun's Kitchen:

Each week Gondorian chef Gordon "****" Rammas travels to an exotic location to put a restaurant through its paces. Memorable quotes "give it to us, raw and wriggling!" ...you get the picture.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Lortano View Post
    ....Top Gear-Middle Earth Special... Guest starring the Stig and Sauron as the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.
    "Looks like a decent lap time...no wait he's lost it through Gamling"
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Þiudreiks's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    Legend:
    WHFB: Warhammer Fantasy Battle (Games workshop Warhammer Fantasy Setting)
    ME: Middle Earth (The World of J.R.R. Tolkien aka Arda)

How about a Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Middle Earth crossover. That would be so, EPIC.

Just in case someone needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Þiudreiks View Post
    Legend:
    WHFB: Warhammer Fantasy Battle (Games workshop Warhammer Fantasy Setting)
    ME: Middle Earth (The World of J.R.R. Tolkien aka Arda)

How about a Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Middle Earth crossover. That would be so, EPIC.

Just in case someone needed it.
    Thank you, the ME I got but the WHFB part was a bit of a mystery to me.

And to expand on my previous statement, not only do the TWC forums visitors come from a lot of different countries, they also differ in age quite a lot.
    Please keep that in mind while posting. Just imagine that your teenage children, or your parents must be able to understand your references.

And now for a new entry by me:

Last edited by Veteraan; January 04, 2022 at 01:43 PM.

Þiudreiks's Avatar Civis

I was pretty sure most didn't need the ME but I thought I would put it down in-case anyone else coming to the thread needed it.

Seeing how successful Golem was in the Lord of the Rings and got best supporting actor maybe a retelling of the three movies from Golem's Perspective? The Lord of the Rings: Golem's Journey.
    Last edited by Þiudreiks; January 08, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

I want a Children of Hurin movie or TV series, though they might have to rename it to something like "Sons of Beor" so people would have an easier time pronouncing it.

Þiudreiks's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Athalwulf View Post
    I want a Children of Hurin movie or TV series, though they might have to rename it to something like "Sons of Beor" so people would have an easier time pronouncing it.
    Sons of Beor doesn't make sense, wait we are talking about WB and Peej making this movie, so I guess making sense doesn't come into play. You do realize it is Children of Hurin do to the fact that it has to do with the curse on his children and the effect that has on his Son and Daughter. Tuor is not his son, he is Hurin's Nephew and has really no part in Narn Hin Hurin. Also Tolkien traces lineage from the fathers side making them of the line of Hador. The mothers of Tuor and Turin were the ones of the line of Beor. Now that I got that out of my system.

How about Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous of Middle Earth. Yes I'm showing my age with this one... (It was a American TV series from the 80's to early 90's) We could follow the lifestyles of Sauron, Denethor, Thranduil, Elrond and many others.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast