Thread: New Sinuhets formations for RTR PE

Sinuhet's Avatar Preparing for death

Default New Sinuhets formations for RTR PE

Ave RTR PE Players!

A bit of promotion, but I think that it is desired and not harmful. I have updated my AI formations customised for RTR PE (they are now based on the generic ones version 7.0, which is the first version of my AI foramtions EDU-optimalisations-ready as I called the new hot feature in current eager development on the field of battle AI. There are several important changes, which are doing from this new version must-have download even if you have the version 1.0 already installed and you are satisfied with it.and you dont plan to touch on anything, including EDU.txt.

If you are sticked to the official release RTR PE AI formations, good, its your decision, but these ones of mine are worth to try at least. Nothing more and nothing less.

Bye Sinuhet
    My TW games "Battle Formations" projects:
    Sinuhet's ETW Formations v2.0 – for ETW
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v5.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's AI Battle Formations v7.0 – for RTW 1.5

In Patrocinivm Svb HorseArcher

Default Re: New Sinuhets formations for RTR PE

Thank you for the new version!
    I see no problem with the thread being here. The mod is for RTRPE and you might get more feedbacks here then in your sub-forum. It would be a good thing to have a thread here, if you can mantain it. Maybe add a link to your mod in this thread.

Sweet! I love your formations so far. I will definately give this a go. I did notice sometimes though that when the AI gets reinforcements they stop moving until you attack them. It's weird. I guess I should have posted this in your main thread.
    -Voice of the Celtic warriors in EB 1 and writer of the original tutorial on sound and music editing for RTW.

Laetus

Nice, I was using the v2 version cause I hadn't found this one. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Azzole
    Sweet! I love your formations so far. I will definately give this a go. I did notice sometimes though that when the AI gets reinforcements they stop moving until you attack them. It's weird. I guess I should have posted this in your main thread.
    Ave King_Azzole!

Well, the reinforcements are almost completely weird, what I know. They appear to behave in their decision-making during battles to be controled by some other conditions/code than the Human Player or the AI army of enemy. What I can told almost certainly is a fact that the army of reinforcements is using the AI formations in some other manner. And your reported problem is more about "when to attack or stay stand" and not about "how is/are structured the group/fragmented groups of the AI army" - the lattaer question is the only one problem area which is solved by AI formations ..... Thnaks a lot for you kind attitude to my work and positive feedback.

Bye Sinuhet

-------------
    As florin80 have suggested I am placing to this thread a link to the official one with download link for my last AI formations for RTR PE and anybody can take this thread as the paralel one for feedback to them - I will have similar attitude to this thread as to the one in subforum devoted to my formations..... Feel free to ask questions concerned to the RTR PE AI formations here and give me a suggestions or reprts of revealed bugs in them.

link to my AI formations for RTR PE

----------------------

@SwedishPsycho: the newest version for RTR PE is version 2.0, which is based on my standalone generic AI formations for RTW 1.5 version 7.0.

Bye Sinuhet

Is Ancient Empires(a mod for RTRPE) allowed to use this and maybe alter it a little?

EDIT: I'm not able to play yours because I'm beta testing for AE
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus
    Is Ancient Empires(a mod for RTRPE) allowed to use this and maybe alter it a little?

EDIT: I'm not able to play yours because I'm beta testing for AE
    Ave The Walrus!

Yes, there is no problem from my side as for an implementation of my RTR PE AI foramtions for purposes of RTR PE mods.

I dont plan to expand more in RTR platform in some manner of my own conversions for these "minimods". I am now more relaxed as for limitations of distribution of my formations generally and because I have not some other "RTR" ambitions I give with this my post some kind of an universal permission for their usage for these purposes.

I want only a credits for the "vanilla" RTRPE ones in some form and not use only parts of them for creating some mixing with DV ones without clear stating that this is a mix. So both these approaches are possible now - conversion or mixing, but mixing only on "own risks" of undesired effects and eventual ruining gameplay. I feel (and I am really) responsible only for my own AI RTR PE formations ....

The reasoning behind all this is a fact, which I have posted to several people already via PMs - the most hard and most time consuming part of "formations modding" is not some mechanical conversion or copy/paste work, but the thorough testing to be sure that the unwaited undesired things are not created by these changes. Here I would like to notice again a fact that thes changes can be often only minor as for amount of changed information but sometimes totally ruining the gameplay.... The previous other motivation for "system of permissions" is now vanishing - it was the neccesity to differ clearly in start of the new genration of my AI formations from the Darth Vaders ones and also from previous ones of mine to show the strong features of my new approaches. Now when they are to some extent accepted in community there is no purpose to be strict in "preserving their purity" in any form of public release.

So, taking altogehter, for purposes of RTR PE platform they can be taken as "open source", but the changes should be good documented and aiming of these changes evetually explained to users. I want futher some kind of credits for my "vanilla/official" RTR PE ones, which will be naturally used as a base for these all eventual conversions or as a source of some parts of code for mixing.

Bye and happy modding them, I will be very glad when they will expand more, but this is beynd my strenghts... So, new boood on the battle AI modding is now waited to se its abilites ...

Sinuhet