View Poll Results: Do you want to add these missing elements?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to get missing elements (correctly centurion's crest, more Gallic helmets)

132 94.96%
  • I don't care, Vanilla looks good

7 5.04%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Found units elements that aren't in the game - CORRECTLY CREST OF CENTURION!, more Gallic helmets and others

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Important thing - renders of units. Some of them aren't in the game. Found the missing CREST OF CENTURION!

Quote Originally Posted by omzdog View Post
    I'd be happy to offer UV mapping services if that's what you require.
    Just send me rar's of the obj.

Ahh you're looking for a full retexture.
    The dds should be somewhere,
    but if you want to retexture it I have time.

Honestly I'm too bored.
    i can send you just images of what it should look like, sorry
    (also i am ashamed to admit, i am too much of a noob to the whole re-texturing thing i dont know what you mean by "rar's")

omzdog's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Found units elements that aren't in the game - CORRECTLY CREST OF CENTURION!, more Gallic helmets and others

I too am ashamed that i didn't first ask what it is you want exactly.

What you have now is a model and you are looking for it to be textured in a style of your choosing.
    Do I have that right?

Default Re: Found units elements that aren't in the game - CORRECTLY CREST OF CENTURION!, more Gallic helmets and others

I too am ashamed that i didn't first ask what it is you want exactly.

What you have now is a model and you are looking for it to be textured in a style of your choosing.
    Do I have that right?
    yes, ill pm you the images we need to follow

What's the location of the armor in the pack?

What's the location of the armor in the pack?
    im guessing celtic_chainmail_cuirass_02,
    one of the leather armors
    the in-exact nature of this is one of the main reasons i want someone with much more experience than myself doing it

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

celtic_chainmail_cuirass (.obj and original .rigid_model_v2 files)
    You can use previous UVmap picture as a base to create the new texture.

You will then need to edit the model using a hexadecimal editor (wxHexEditor for example) and modify textures names.

Last edited by wangrin; December 22, 2013 at 02:00 PM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Looks like Jack is reading this thread as I writing it. Let's hope he will give us some answers on KLA's findings

thanks for the upload
    Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    You can use previous UVmap picture as a base to create the new texture.
    Where is this UV image?

I'll assume this is unwrapped, so the top section is the skirt of the armor.
    I have no clue how the smaller rectangles go for the straps.
    I can only make an educated guess and hope for the best.
    You will then need to edit the model using a hexadecimal editor (wxHexEditor for example) and modify textures names.

And why would I need to manipulate binary information?
    Last edited by omzdog; December 22, 2013 at 02:20 PM.

Patrician Artifex

To tell to the game what texture use because the texture file name is define inside the model and not in db tables.
    As far as I know, we have to editor able to open AND SAVE models to .rigid_model_v2 file format. So, the only possibility is to edit binaries...

If you don't edit the model to replace the previous textures files names, it will not use your new textures.
    Last edited by wangrin; December 22, 2013 at 02:21 PM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Wow that's rudimentary.
    And would also explain why my UI icon's mod never worked.
    You'd think we'd have a tool for that.
    The DB should be the place to organize associational references.

I have no clue how the smaller rectangles go for the straps.
    I can only make an educated guess and hope for the best.

Simple choice looking at the model
    Last edited by omzdog; December 22, 2013 at 02:34 PM.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

It would be awesome to have all those missing elements back.

Patrician Artifex

db were the place, particularly with ETW tables.
    But .rigid_model files have always work like this, material name (textures) are define inside the model.
    db tables were only use to define the folder path.

In this case, the trick was to create several folders to store textures:
    \variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\armour\tex\celtic_celtic_leather_cuirass\
    \variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\armour\tex\celtic_celtic_bronze_cuirass\
    etc.

But I didn't have a real look to TW:R2 db tables, so I don't know how textures folder path is defined.

I'm underway in creating the texture and it looks tolerable even though I can't see a 3d image of its application,
    but I'm anticipating hitting a wall on this HexEditor business.

Since I'm only changing the image itself,
    why does the engine interpret a change in sheet reference?

The dds should still apply no?

Ahh, Dontfearme is looking to add some additional armor variation.
    Well this is interesting isn't it.
    Last edited by omzdog; December 22, 2013 at 02:49 PM.

Patrician Artifex

You can use the .obj model to look how the texture look like.
    What 3d software(s) do you have ?

You can use the .obj model to look how the texture look like.
    Oh right, my brain is going haywire, I've been thinking only about this hex stuff and how I can still make my UI mod.
    This just requires fully Mapping the model in the same way it was done before.

So you're saying that in the case of creating variant models, its the texturers job to define associations.
    Interesting TW franchise is interesting.
    Last edited by omzdog; December 22, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Not necessarily the texturer. But someone must do it.

When I create .rigid_models for ETW, it's me, as modeler that create such association.
    But we have converter for ETW (UU3D + ETW plugin), NTW (UU3D + ETW plugin, VPM for MilkShape) and TW:S2 (UU3D + ETW plugin and CS2 exporter) models files formats, something we have not yet for TWR2.

Note that, if it is possible to use folder path system, editing binaries will not be necessary.
    Last edited by wangrin; December 22, 2013 at 03:23 PM.

Civis

The only way I've been able to get the current roman crests to be transverse is to create a new crest based on one of the greek transverse ones. Replace the skin in the same area with the roman one and play around with proportions. But ideally, we shouldn't have to do that in the first place.

Senator

Default Re: Important thing - renders of units. Some of them aren't in the game. Found the missing CREST OF CENTURION!

Quote Originally Posted by King Louise Assurbanipal View Post
    I think that Angel Diaz did everything. If Lusted did something these aren't important elements. I see in the website models. Angel Diaz did all of the armor and - Greek, Roman, Italic, Iberian, Dacian, Steppe, Eastern, Celtic and Germanic. There are most of helmets, weapons and clotehes, too. It seems that Jack Lusted did little or nothing. Maybe he just told Angel what to do.

That's too funny. I think jack as the lead unit developer is responsible for units stats. Making sure units are balanced and look as historical as possible would be some of his jobs i guess which would be pretty hard work.

He probably didn't make any unit textures. I've never seen him post rome 2 unit textures that he mentions are made by him.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Civis

KLA this helmet isn't in the game, but is it in the files somewhere? If it's not then wtf CA??
    Last edited by zeroFreeze; December 24, 2013 at 04:40 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Again, if peoples want to have a look to TW:R2 models, install Ultimate Unwrap 3D demo and its ETW plugin.
    You will be able to open models and check them, but not save nor export them.

You can have a look to this thread : [Resource] Rome II rigid_model_v2 editor/ exporter ms3d
    Post #22 explain how to proceed.

"God helps those that help themselves."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast