View Poll Results: Do you want to add these missing elements?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to get missing elements (correctly centurion's crest, more Gallic helmets)

132 94.96%
  • I don't care, Vanilla looks good

7 5.04%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Found units elements that aren't in the game - CORRECTLY CREST OF CENTURION!, more Gallic helmets and others

Icon14 Found units elements that aren't in the game - CORRECTLY CREST OF CENTURION!, more Gallic helmets and others

I found redners of units. Some of them aren't in the game (Gallic helmets fore example).

The centurion crests are in the game but have been programmed the wrong way - forward to back instead of transverse.
    It's true for the three crests (roman_cent_crest_a, roman_cent_crest_b and roman_cent_crest_c). They would need to be rotate to 90°.
    I found the missing crest of centurion!

http://www.tiflos.com/

The author of Rome 2's units is a talented 3D modeller Tifloz - Angel Diaz (not Jack Lusted as members thought) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH4LZCNuMf8

Centurion historical crest! (isn't in the game!)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Examples of other beautiful work by Angel Diaz (some aren't in the game):

Hellenistic helmets:

(isn't in the game)

Iberian caps and helmets:

Seleucid linothorax! (isn't in the game but is in files)

Hellenistic purple linothorax (isn't in the game but is in files)

Italian elite armor:

Greek cuirasses:

Legs armor and trousers:

Thracian and Greek boots (aren't in the game):

Accessories:

Legionary model:

Shields:

Swords:

Celtic warrior (isn't in the game and files)

For example - I found 4 Celtic helmets. All are finnished. There aren't graphical errors but aren't used in the game by CA.

Currently Gauls use only 3 unique helmets and 2 shared with other factions = 5 helmets. Compare to oher factions - Iberians have 12 helmets, Hellenistics 20 helmets...

New 4 helmets that the Gauls would give until 9 helmets.
    I don't know why CA has not used them in Caesar in Gaul.
    Such cases, it is much more.

Vanilla helmets (only 3 specific Gauls, 2 used but other cultures, too):

There are 4 helmets don't use in the game by CA. These don't have graphical errors and based on historical sources what I found:

I tested them in early September. No problem with animations, no bugs. It wasn't use in Caesar in Gaul.

It is completely weird....
    Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; December 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM.

Default Re: Important thing - renders of units. Some of them aren't in the game. Found the missing CREST OF CENTURION!

Probably saved for rome 3

on a serious note tho can they be restored into the game?
    Last edited by Simon.Fitoussi; December 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM.

Tiro

Default Re: Important thing - renders of units. Some of them aren't in the game. Found the missing CREST OF CENTURION!

So wait these are in the game? Cause that armor is sickkkkk

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Love this archeologic thread. Are we in the past of Rome 2 development or in the future of R2 expansions ?

This purple linothorax is beautifull ! Thx for the pics King Louise !

Btw your avatar is Rhett Butler isn't it ?
    Last edited by Yerevan; December 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Most of there are in the game.

Purple and Seleucid linothorax aren't in the game (playable) but these models are in the game files. These are used by modders.

Some other like centurion's crest isn't in the game (there isn't in the game files so modders can't use it).

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Can we download these textures? As there is nothing on the site

No. In the site is only preview by author of Rome 2 units.

I would like to get these models. We all need this centurion's crest espacially.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    This purple linothorax is beautifull ! Thx for the pics King Louise !

Btw your avatar is Rhett Butler isn't it ?
    I made another purple linothorax in my mod.

Yes, he is.

Quote Originally Posted by King Louise Assurbanipal View Post
    I made another purple linothorax in my mod.

Yes, he is.
    Ah. He is a fascinating character for sure.

What is your mod ?

Ok, so u're Kla from the org. Yes your mods were the first unit mods are used with R2.

DLC maybe or only for there cinematic department

I don't understand, these files are in the game but the actual use of them isn't used in-game? Why?

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

Am I the only one who can't see anything in OP's spoiler's?
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

This is Blasphemy! THIS IS MADNESS!!!

Srsly, the level of incompetence in the management of this game is just awe-inspiring. How can you direct part of your budget into such wonderfull projects and then not use it? This is just stupid now.
    Excuse my rant, but seeing those celtic sword or warrior or italian armor or etc. just frustrates me. There is no excuse, it should have been implemented.

@KLA : Are those images of mostly finished models and textures or just preview models for what was planned ? You said most of them are in game, but were they not used , because something was wrong with them?

+Rep for your discovery and wonderfull mods

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Wow, those are just incredible... I wonder what's all of this about? Seeing as he had work from S2TW he may be one of the unit modelers like Jack Lusted. But wow... I love all of his stuff! Incredible detail.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by TiTiTimmy View Post
    I can't see anything either.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Wow those are some beautiful models

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    Wow, those are just incredible... I wonder what's all of this about? Seeing as he had work from S2TW he may be one of the unit modelers like Jack Lusted. But wow... I love all of his stuff! Incredible detail.
    I think that Angel Diaz did everything. If Lusted did something these aren't important elements. I see in the website models. Angel Diaz did all of the armor and - Greek, Roman, Italic, Iberian, Dacian, Steppe, Eastern, Celtic and Germanic. There are most of helmets, weapons and clotehes, too. It seems that Jack Lusted did little or nothing. Maybe he just told Angel what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    DLC maybe or only for there cinematic department
    No. These elements are for the game. Some of them are in the files and modders can run it in game.
    CA said that they won't release completely new units.
    These elements (centurion's crest) should be in the game after release. It was standard and iconic crest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    I don't understand, these files are in the game but the actual use of them isn't used in-game? Why?
    I also don't understand it. These elements are varied appearance of units. I don't know why CA don't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by TiTiTimmy View Post
    Try using a different browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    Ok, so u're Kla from the org. Yes your mods were the first unit mods are used with R2.
    I feel honored to hear those words.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaton View Post
    This is Blasphemy! THIS IS MADNESS!!!

Srsly, the level of incompetence in the management of this game is just awe-inspiring. How can you direct part of your budget into such wonderfull projects and then not use it? This is just stupid now.
    Excuse my rant, but seeing those celtic sword or warrior or italian armor or etc. just frustrates me. There is no excuse, it should have been implemented.

@KLA : Are those images of mostly finished models and textures or just preview models for what was planned ? You said most of them are in game, but were they not used , because something was wrong with them?

+Rep for your discovery and wonderfull mods

I also can't stop wondering why these elements are not in the game.

I looked through the files. Only some of them are unfinished. Most are finished and unused.

For example - I found 4 additional Celtic helmets. All are finnished. These work in my modding game. there aren't graphical errors but aren't used in the game by CA.

This would help in diversity. Currently Gauls use only 3 unique helmets and 2 shared with other factions. Additional 4 helmets that the Gauls would render until 9 helmets. I don't know why CA has not used them in Caesar in Gaul. Such cases, it is much more.

There are 4 helmets don't use in the game by CA. These work fine, don't have graphical errors and based on historical sources what I found:

Only modders use them.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Just shows what the game could have been, such a massive disappointment.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast