Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Seasonal Effects for Main Campaign

Default Re: Seasonal Effects for Main Campaign (Now with Seasonal Graphics!)

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    ooh, 331.82 drivers? Caused me a headache.. my PC started to freeze like crazy last few days.. i and i had no idea whats going on... and it seems like these drivers were the culprit..
    I have those and they seem ok but u know that every system has its ups and downs

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Are you using other graphics mods? This mod affects the color filters, which could be exaggerated by GEM or other mods.

Dresden Thanks for responding: I used only Vanilla RTW2 and your Season Effects Mod and had no problems at all so it is something in my set up that doesn't work well with the All in One Mod. So thanks again and thanks for your Mods.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Are you using other graphics mods? This mod affects the color filters, which could be exaggerated by GEM or other mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    try adding this to your Rome 2 folder to see if it improves and adjust your gamma and brightness
    http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/484382/SweetFX-for-R2TW-rar.html

Also if u have nvidia , use the inspector with this specs.

Thanks for responding Neoiq5719. I DL'd the file you included and it made everything much better. I still have have lite blue banners for the Unit stacks on the campaign map but other graphics are noticeably improved. I currently have a Radeon card though my next card is likely gonna be an nvidia. I only have the strange colors with the All in One Mod. When I use Vanilla and the Seasons Mod stand alone I have no problems. Thanks again for help.

Quote Originally Posted by hosharius View Post
    Thanks for responding Neoiq5719. I DL'd the file you included and it made everything much better. I still have have lite blue banners for the Unit stacks on the campaign map but other graphics are noticeably improved. I currently have a Radeon card though my next card is likely gonna be an nvidia. I only have the strange colors with the All in One Mod. When I use Vanilla and the Seasons Mod stand alone I have no problems. Thanks again for help.
    I know but when u have the active seasons you get those weird colors that go with the weather and IMO Dresden hasnt been able to quite adjust those properly yet and gives intense colors. Also as for the water it darkens it a lot especially in winter (looks like oil).

Senator

Wow - you are slowly but surely fixing much of this game Dresden. +rep (pity i can only give you one rep for each mod given all the work you must have put into them)

I do think modders like you are pretty much being exploited here though - doing unpaid work for CA putting in all the basics that they didn't bother with in order to cut their own costs, likely thinking "we'll just let the modders try and sort that".

If you could do this by modding, clearly CA/Sega, with their far greater funding and manpower, could have bothered to put it into the game or included it in a patch.
    Last edited by Dunadd; January 02, 2014 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunadd View Post
    Wow - you are slowly but surely fixing much of this game Dresden. +rep (pity i can only give you one rep for each mod given all the work you must have put into them)

I do think modders like you are pretty much being exploited here though - doing unpaid work for CA putting in all the basics that they didn't bother with in order to cut their own costs, likely thinking "we'll just let the modders try and sort that".

If you could do this by modding, clearly CA/Sega, with their far greater funding and manpower, could have bothered to put it into the game or included it in a patch.
    I won't comment on that But I do appreciate the positive feedback buddy

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

excellent work as usual! ++rep

Foederatus

I know but when u have the active seasons you get those weird colors that go with the weather and IMO Dresden hasnt been able to quite adjust those properly yet and gives intense colors. Also as for the water it darkens it a lot especially in winter (looks like oil).

Well as a stand alone Mod people can try it and see if it works for them, if it doesn't they can leave it out. IMHO, weather effects and lighting mods should not be combined in a compilation Mod like All in One Mod because with so many mods working together and everyone's set up ( hardware and Mods) being somewhat different it is likely that some will either not like the effects or that they may cause strange color problems, as in my case and then makes using the compilation mod undesirable. However, I don't want to appear to be criticizing Dresden's Effects Mod per se and certainly not his Overall Modding Efforts. I am currently using 3 of Dresden's Mods and a few others in stead of The All in One mod and am having a good gaming experience that way.

Well as a stand alone Mod people can try it and see if it works for them, if it doesn't they can leave it out. IMHO, weather effects and lighting mods should not be combined in a compilation Mod like All in One Mod because with so many mods working together and everyone's set up ( hardware and Mods) being somewhat different it is likely that some will either not like the effects or that they may cause strange color problems, as in my case and then makes using the compilation mod undesirable. However, I don't want to appear to be criticizing Dresden's Effects Mod per se and certainly not his Overall Modding Efforts. I am currently using 3 of Dresden's Mods and a few others in stead of The All in One mod and am having a good gaming experience that way.
    Yeah I told Toon that but itīs his mod and thereīs nothing we could do. The whole compilation is awsome but unless the season effects are tweaked I also agree that it should be left out as an option but.......

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Yeah I told Toon that but itīs his mod and thereīs nothing we could do. The whole compilation is awsome but unless the season effects are tweaked I also agree that it should be left out as an option but.......
    If you guys are not happy with the Seasonal mod, then just remove the mod using Pack File manager, before you ask I am not given tutorials on how to mod as there are many threads here on TWC that offer tutorials on how to use PFM and mod/remove files etc..

Hey guys i fixed this in a few seconds i ll upload the fix or the whole file of TOON

Ok basically i dont know how to extract it as a pack from PFM so i will explain to you how to do it

open with PFM AIOROME2.pack navigate to terrain - campaigns - main_rome_map - lighting - light_grid.xml
    Overwrite the text with the below and then SAVE as a new pack.
    <ENV_GRID width='1' height='2'>
    <SEASON>
    <ENV file='terrain/campaigns/main_rome_map/lighting/spring_00.lighting' />
    <ENV file='terrain/campaigns/main_rome_map/lighting/spring_01.lighting' />
    </SEASON>
    <SEASON>
    <ENV file='terrain/campaigns/main_rome_map/lighting/summer_00.lighting' />
    <ENV file='terrain/campaigns/main_rome_map/lighting/summer_01.lighting' />
    </SEASON>
    <SEASON>
    <ENV file='terrain/campaigns/main_rome_map/lighting/autum_00.lighting' />
    <ENV file='terrain/campaigns/main_rome_map/lighting/autum_01.lighting' />
    </SEASON>
    <SEASON>
    <ENV file='terrain/campaigns/main_rome_map/lighting/winter_00.lighting' />
    <ENV file='terrain/campaigns/main_rome_map/lighting/winter_01.lighting' />
    </SEASON>
    </ENV_GRID>

sorry i mean this

<ENV_GRID width='1' height='2'>
    <SEASON>
    </SEASON>
    <SEASON>
    </SEASON>
    <SEASON>
    </SEASON>
    <SEASON>
    </SEASON>
    </ENV_GRID>

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

This is a must have. For myself I'm a slowly player. Plunder often instead of conquer. Build up slowly, so vanilla is not playable for me. After I have the 4 season mod + additional x4 build time, research aso, I have much, much more fun. The effects of the seasons are great.

Very great work!!!

+rep
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

This mod is fantastic, but is it possible to disable the lightning effects?

Chernish's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
    I have a look on the Gaul startpos, the campaign calendar value on the first line is 24 (for 24 turns per year), on the second line the value is 6. 24/6 is 4. Maybe for the seasons. What do you think ?
    Its not a namber turn at a season.
    Values ​​in startpos follows:
    695 - year At Urbe Condita
    1 - season (1 = summer, 2 = autumn, 3 = winter, 4 = spring)
    3 - april (1 = february, 2 = march, 4 = may and so on)

24 - namber of turns in the year
    6 - No. time period (in CiG this period = 2 week) from the start of the year
    0 - No. turn from the start of the game
    Do what must be and let be what will

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    If you guys are not happy with the Seasonal mod, then just remove the mod using Pack File manager, before you ask I am not given tutorials on how to mod as there are many threads here on TWC that offer tutorials on how to use PFM and mod/remove files etc..

It wasn't that I was unhappy with Mod, the opposite is true. I love the All in One Mod and Dresden's work too. Mods are what makes the TW seris what it is. I did try to remove parts of the Mod that I thought were causing me a problem, but was unsuccessful. As I tried many different configs I began to realize that it might be the "White Banners" on the campaign map issue and that the Seasons Mod, which does have an effect on colors made them look light blue/grey so I didn't realize that's what it was. Now, with the All in One mod version 1.5, which fixed the White Banners issue I have no more problems with anything.

Protector's Avatar Senator

Agree.
    A must have mod. Wont play anymore without it. Of course together with 4tpy mod.

But why CA said this season effect on main campaign is not possible, when we now see it works like a charm ????

I dont get it ....

Default Re: Seasonal Effects for Main Campaign

I know this is not the place to ask,but can you tell me which mod are you using.I see you have diffrent look to the game is that just campaing mod or does it have some unit and battlefield changes as well.

Default Re: Seasonal Effects for Main Campaign

Funny.

When i saw this announcement on the TWcenter.net mainpage i thought to myself, "finally! SEGA has done something awesome to improve the main campaign map and not adding another minicampaign crap". I then saw this was a mod and i went; "Sigh".

Now Dresden i want to say this is a Great mod!, i cant say its just as good as an official release because official releases suck these days, yours is way better. Some questions about compatbility: Is it compatible with DeI? or will you include it in DeI?

Best Regards, Fedual