Thread: Patch 4.001 Causing Floating Settlement bug

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Default Patch 4.001 Causing Floating Settlement bug

A problem i have noticed with the latest patch (4.001c) is that it makes some settlements bug out and unplayable in siege battle. As the Gaelic Nation you start with two settlements, a castle and a Large town, the first town to the north has the floating settlement bug, just in case you want to see if it effects your game as well. If i run V4 this bug is not there, but after installing 4.001 the bug occurs every time.

According to CrayonVonCaesar you can simply Take the settlement folder from the older (working) version of Thera 3.0 or V4(i used V4 but either will work) and paste them into your patched 4.001 Thera folder default location C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\theraV4\data. It'll fix the settlements.

I just tried this suggested fix and it seems to have worked, no more floating settlements during sieges. Thank you CrayonVonCaesar

Also just an FYI in case you didn't know, dog units seem to cause a CTD if you use them in Siege battles, it's okay to use them in the battle just don't send them inside the city. I have reproduced this CTD many many times to make sure it was the dog units, they will enter the city fine but the CTD will occur shortly after. This is a problem with the dog units and TFON simply suggests not using them in sieges as this problem has not been able to be fixed as of yet.

Long live Thera!
    Last edited by Macrath; February 14, 2014 at 11:02 PM.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Patch 4.001 Causing Floating Settlement bug

Thanks for the heads up

So does the patch 4.001c cause the problem? or Fix it? Cause I downloaded the 4.001c complete mod (still requires patch 4.001c). Then, I downloaded the patch and installed the full-mod then extracted the patch over it, And I'm still getting floating settlements.

I love this mod, I played v3 a lot, (long live Mojag the Sycorax!!!) but this version 4 install has just been a big headache

Edit: the download details section doesn't really illustrate on the issue of the patch which does what, and what fixes or breaks what.
    Last edited by ZarBoneD; January 03, 2014 at 06:11 PM.
    "Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion"
    -Scottish Proverb
    Media Arts & Animation Major at the Art Institute.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

As far I know version C does fix it

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ZarBoneD View Post
    So does the patch 4.001c cause the problem? or Fix it? Cause I downloaded the 4.001c complete mod (still requires patch 4.001c). Then, I downloaded the patch and installed the full-mod then extracted the patch over it, And I'm still getting floating settlements.

I love this mod, I played v3 a lot, (long live Mojag the Sycorax!!!) but this version 4 install has just been a big headache

Edit: the download details section doesn't really illustrate on the issue of the patch which does what, and what fixes or breaks what.
    Simply follow the instructions above to fix floating settlement issue

I just encountered this problem, and your fix solved it! Thank you Macrath and CrayonVonCaesar.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

I have been playing THERA for a while now, I try to take the last Lao Chi settlement which is a castle/fortress as Romuli and it freezes after I sack it. So I have to download the older version of THERA to fix this?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That sounds like a different bug that occurs when that faction dies.

According to CrayonVonCaesar you can simply Take the settlement files from the older (working) version of Thera 3.0 or V4(i used V4 but either will work) and paste them into your patched 4.001 Thera folder default location C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\theraV4\data. It'll fix the settlements.
    Settlement files mean "settlements" folder or what? So I install it like this: Thera 4.0, I copy settlements folder someplace, then patch 4.001c then paste over it the settlements folder? Did you have problems with data validation in the Thera hotseats or you didn't use those settings?
    Last edited by Vipman; February 14, 2014 at 10:13 AM.

Sometimes my game freezes for a while. Let it run for a few minutes while it works through whatever it's doing.

Foederatus

sorry for necro, but can someone upload that files? i have limited internet and i cannot download so big file as whole mod installer...

Foederatus

nvm i just saw folder has 729MB...