Thread: Help- Invalid Location on"Show-err"

Default Help- Invalid Location on"Show-err"

I played several turns last night, then decided to start over. Now, when I click any faction, it goes to the main menu screen. The show_err script shows that I have an error in descr_strat. It states that I have chosen an invalid location for Campus Latgalia (144,155). When I find it in strat.txt, there is no tile location listed. How do I fix this? Help please!

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Default Re: Help- Invalid Location on"Show-err"

Quote Originally Posted by AveCaesar
    I played several turns last night, then decided to start over. Now, when I click any faction, it goes to the main menu screen. The show_err script shows that I have an error in descr_strat. It states that I have chosen an invalid location for Campus Latgalia (144,155). When I find it in strat.txt, there is no tile location listed. How do I fix this? Help please!
    did u edit anything b4 u got this?
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

There is absolutly nothing wrong with Campus Latgalia.I had exactly the same message coming out when I tried to edit Sassanids and ERE armies few days ago.Once I had deleted entries with merc alan horses archers ,campaign loaded ok.I have not got clue why this is happening

Thanks for the reply. When I installed IBFD I made a complete backup of the "bi" file. Yesterday I just copied the backup descr_strat into the game folder ans Voila! It plays! That old advice about always making a backup is good advice, since you never know what might go wrong.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

interesting, I would expect you would get a CTD were you to do this... since the BI descr_strat has names different from IBFD names, has ERR instead of moors, and has some units which has been removed from IBFD. but if its working then, why not
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants