Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Default Re: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

The developers are definitely planning to support their game with mod tools eventually.

On top of that, we are developing our own proprietary RPG-MAKING TOOLS for easy development of this and any future content, including custom support for game design, animations, branching dialogue, clothing definitions, et al. We plan to release these tools to the modding community in the future.

Default Re: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    They're doing the kick starter because they want to show their investor that their is real interest in their game, or rather the developer giving them money was conditional on their raising some money on kick starter.
    Is there any real proof of this big investor besides what they are saying? I just hope people realize, that if something like this falls through you can demand your money back but if they don't have it anymore, good luck getting it back. And even if they do have it, they can say no and force people to take them to court which would be in a class action lawsuit most likely and you will get pennies to the dollar back on what you put in after the lawyers gobble up their share.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy, i just want people to make sure they understand what they are getting into. Like Manco said, when you give them money you are not pre-ordering. All that being said though, the game does look really bad ass and i hope they come through on it.

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    Is there any real proof of this big investor besides what they are saying? I just hope people realize, that if something like this falls through you can demand your money back but if they don't have it anymore, good luck getting it back. And even if they do have it, they can say no and force people to take them to court which would be in a class action lawsuit most likely and you will get pennies to the dollar back on what you put in after the lawyers gobble up their share.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy, i just want people to make sure they understand what they are getting into. Like Manco said, when you give them money you are not pre-ordering. All that being said though, the game does look really bad ass and i hope they come through on it.
    The big investor has been revealed to be Zdenek Balaka, one of the Czech Republic's richest people.

And yes, people should not treat Kickstarter as some sort of pre-order site, what they are doing is funding a project not buying a product. There is always a chance a project could fail;though for this project, it doesn't seem likely with the investor backing.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    I'm beginning to worry for Taleworlds. This looks like it has everything the original Mount & Blade was missing. If it's easily moddable, M&B2 doesn't stand a chance.

This does look ing epic though!
    Well this game is alot smaller and more focused, aswell as being an RPG. You can't just collect an army, equip them and go pillage as far as i know. It's more like The Witcher 2 and 3, so i wouldn't fear about M&B2. They both seem to do their own thing, and no reason to not get both?

They have added a few stretch goals. I really like that the first 2 are for music, as a proper period soundtrack will be important for the game. I am not too keen on adding the female playable character (only for a section of the game), as this feels kind of gimmicky to please certain fans. Their vision for the game should not be altered just to satisfy some people; this is one of the downsides of crowd-sourcing, suddenly you have a slew of people thinking they have a say in the project's development.

Well it looks very promising and frankly a dream come true.

Now with Star Citizen (who currently has almost 38 millions $ and is absolutely a king of crowd funding),Torment: Tides of Numeria,Wasteland 2 and others we as fans have chance to beach-slap all the idiotic publishers who are literally ruining this industry with their insatiable greed and 'free to play' games for Ipads an those kinds of things.I would like more than anything for all these projects to be success because that would just give more good reputation to kickstarter and if I were a dev I would always choose adding something fans would like (for example list of cut content for GTA: San Andreas made me weep and they have done it only because it would take 2 dvds and their ing publisher couldn't afford any more expenses - http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Conten...TA_San_Andreas also this: http://aggressivegaming.com/rockstar...s-ideas-gta-v/ and let me not start with Bethesda and their maniacal cutting of features etc.) over this:

P.S. I'm talking about the beginning of video.So hilarious and sad at the same time.ing bankers and wolves from Wallstret.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

A female playable character as a stretch goal, are you kidding me... I don't know is more retarded, the people asking or the developers for actually adding it as an option.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Comes Domesticorum

The people asking, obviously. The developers are smart, since they're taking advantage of retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Be careful not to call it a pre-order.
    well why not, it's preorder with ability to play the game sooner

and oh yeah face slaps those greedy publishers! this game, star citizen, elite dangerous and other bunch of space sims, pillars of eternity, age of decadence and other bunch of rpg, the mandate, the recruits, satellite reign and other bunch of strategy games, pcars, assetto corsa, next car game etc... the golden age of pc gaming has returned baby!

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    A female playable character as a stretch goal, are you kidding me... I don't know is more retarded, the people asking or the developers for actually adding it as an option.
    Why not? If they wrote the story specifically for the main character to be male, of course they'd need to do some major changes in order to make a female character work.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    maybe it will come with a complete separate set of campaign/story...

The developers have clarified what they mean by having a female playable character:
    To be clear the woman was already in our game as a NPC and the twist would happen anyway. You would just be able to play that section instead of getting it told. However we cannot give the player the option to choose sex of the "hero" because it would clash with our creative vision, which is to deliver a story based on big historical events in authentic medieval society. And the story we crafted simply cannot happen for a woman. Even in disguise. Forced female hero would be no good. Sorry. We want women to play this game and we would love to receive feedback from them. I hope this sheds some light on the topic.
    Thank you for understanding and most importantly thank you for the amazing support!
    So it will just be an added quest where you play as the female character in a certain section, rather then having this event happening in a cutscene which they originally had planned. This I can agree with, and thankfully they won't cave to idiotic fans demanding it. If their goal is an accurate historical medieval setting a female main character is almost impossible. To add a female warrior running around in armour they might as well add magic and monsters.

Guys relax and read the stretch goal entry under "600 000" in the pic Spartan Warrior posted. They explain pretty clearly that the female character would be playable only in a limited 'line of quests' and would be focused on stealth.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

A female character can work in a medieval setting, but it would certainly require a completely different story than a man.

No one was stopping women from being thieves, bandits, or anything else illegal. Well at least no one that wasnt stopping men from being such things as well. They also made for good assasins during the period because many men would dismiss them as not being a threat.

The fact that for 75 Euros (Earl tier) you only get access to 1/3 of the game is awry, assuming these acts are part of the same release, not sequels. For that kind of money I would naturally expect to obtain the whole game, not just a portion of it.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; January 25, 2014 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    The fact that for 75 Euros (Earl tier) you can only get access to 1/3 of the game is awry, assuming these acts are part of the same release, not sequels. For that kind of money I would naturally want to obtain the whole game, not just a portion of it.
    that is the only thing I don't like with this project

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    well why not, it's preorder with ability to play the game sooner
    No, it isn't. As has been explained by myself and others.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Will somebody from Kickaster actually release a game for a change ? I hear all the time how the funding and progress is great , yet no major releases .

I don't understand this. You can get act one for 18 euros too. They have already mentioned why they are not offering acts 2 and 3.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Remison View Post
    I don't understand this. You can get act one for 18 euros too. They have already mentioned why they are not offering acts 2 and 3.
    Indeed and for 24 you get the first act AND early beta access. That's pretty cool considering new games of this size usually cost more than 30 euros and you have to wait for the actual release date (no I'm not saying it's a preorder cos it's not)
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.